✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

Anyone bought the special poster and/or donated to charity to win an upgrade?

I donated. It only seemed right after spending $200 on s ticket. Besides, a big reason I love Coldplay so much is what they do for charity and the world.

• Like 1

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Patriots, lol.

I didn't even see an option for the poster. Was it during checkout?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Yes I think so...it all happened so quickly I don't remember much LOL But I had seen the poster pic earlier and thought it was nice and since my tickets were so much cheaper than I thought I went for it.

I donated. It only seemed right after spending $200 on s ticket. Besides, a big reason I love Coldplay so much is what they do for charity and the world.

Yes I thought the same too. I could afford it cuz tickets were only $99 each with taxes and also you enter the draw for upgrade :) Win win situation hehe

This is honestly truly unfair. All resellers bought all the ga section. This is devastating. This was meant for COLDPLAY fans. [emoji35]

You mean the seated floor? I know some who got tickets there, mostly on the back. But a lot were also packaged in the VIP tickets and Platinum and whatnot.

It's insane

My ticket area I can see is being sold as double the price but if your budget is within $200 or so you can still get some pretty decent tickets. I actually thought I was gonna spend $200, was surprised that it was $90. But here you can see the selection this site has for example

http://www.gamestub.com/coldplay-tickets/coldplay-at-rose-bowl-8-20-2016-2772775/

It is though truly seamless all the tickets they are selling and they managed to get hold of! This stuff should be illegal, like it is in Denmark.

• Like 1

Now I have seen many crazy ticket scalper offers on eBay, but that particular A$$hole is extra-special:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLDPLAY-PRESALE-CODE-PASSWORD-AHFOD-TOUR-/222008801932?hash=item33b0c17a8c:g:39gAAOSwGotWqmqI

(sorry for the tone, but I get so angry when I see scam of this kind !!!)

The codes may be genuine? But yeah I've never seen reselling of access codes before lol

For those who got seats on the floor. How does that work exactly? People are bound to stand up aren't they? But u can't really move around with all the chairs so you have to also be a tall person to be sure you see the stage unless you're in the very front rows?

Just trying to wrap my head around how this works. Anyone has experience of having been there?

• Like 1

The codes may be genuine? But yeah I've never seen reselling of access codes before lol

I have no doubt they are genuine (since it is so easy to obtain many of them by signing up to Coldplay's mailing list with multiple email adresses.....), but trying to sell them for 100$ (!) a piece is quite dishonest in my opinion... :(

I was wondering about the stage layout for North America. Looks like they might be assembling the stage we saw for the European shows differently.

This is what some stadium plans for Europe looked like before they replaced it with more generic ones:

5oq4id3u.jpg

Looks like maybe they're taking the second half of the runway leading up to the C stage and attach it to the stage directly for NA, so there's not the division of the floor.

68458s.gif

• Like 1

I have no doubt they are genuine (since it is so easy to obtain many of them by signing up to Coldplay's mailing list with multiple email adresses.....), but trying to sell them for 100$ (!) a piece is quite dishonest in my opinion... :(

Im not sure if its dishonest no more than it would be if I got some free merchandise as part of a competition and wanted to sell it for a profit. Now personally I would not do that, participate in a competition (or ask for a free access code in this case) for the sole purpose of reselling it for a profit. I think its sleazy and reeks of desperation for making money hehe

On the other hand though and playing devil´s advocate here there might be people out there who did not manage to get the access codes and evaluate it would be worth paying for in order to get a ticket for what will probably result in sold-out shows (for $100 more you´re better off buying an actual ticket from a scalper imo haha so i don't know if this guy will sell any codes), as well as there are people who are willing to pay premium bucks to get exclusive merchandise others have won for free through competitions (I myself once considered buying an exclusive edition James Bond watch hehe).

So yeah I think his sale is justified in a sense, though I myself would not do it. If I had free access codes I´d give them for free, but I don't know..some people must be desperate to make money in any way they can *LOL*

@Stephie I was indeed wondering how the seated floor works in north american shows. I still don't quite get it :) But yeah it looks like there is a clear division in the GA in Europe but not in NA seated floor: just the B and C stages slightly extending from the main stage. Was the plan you posted for Germany still the actual one? So they will have a runway that goes through all the GA area?

@StephieWas the plan you posted for Germany still the actual one? So they will have a runway that goes through all the GA area?

It was one of the plans that got posted on Ticketmaster at the first day of German pre-sales, but they later took them down and replaced them with more generic ones. Can't know for sure if it's the actual one, but I guess it could be.

So far it seems that the runway will go through all of GA for at least a couple of, if not all European shows. For the UK shows there are differently coloured sections and for London the Ticketmaster plan says: "Pitch Standing/Unreserved Seats will be split into two areas green and yellow zones (no movement allowed between the two areas)."

Ah so it seems the runway will go through all the GA area. I think fans have the best chance to get up close to the band in Europe, both with unreserved seats/standing areas and the runway running all the way !

While in the USA you need to shell out big bucks if you want to even get close to the stage...quite unfair to the fans

• Like 1

So after digging for a bit, I finally found more info about the Clean Water charity to which some of us have donated when buying our tickets for the North American shows.

There was no info about the draw or mention of Coldplay in the email we received as receipts for the donation, so here is some info about it for us! (link at the bottom)

WANT TO HANG OUT WITH US AND GET THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE AT OUR SHOW?

ColdplayBandPic.png

We are giving 10 fans and a guest an upgrade to the best seats in the house, backstage passes, access to the VIP lounge where they can hang out with us and leave with a signed album. And we are doing it for every night of our tour.

Every $10 is an entry to win, so the more you donate the better your chances

https://www.crowdrise.com/082016rosebowlpasadenaca/fundraiser/phileisenCR

• Like 3

Ok I'm not the type to be negative about things since I LOVE Coldplay, but wow this announcement is very shocking to me. I was REALLY looking forward to this tour announcement for quite a few months. When Muse completely skipped the southeast USA on this world tour, I said no worries, Coldplay will be coming (two of my top bands). The hype for my friends and I was way bigger than normal due to no Ghost Stories tour too. With all the teasing and hyping, they announced South America...Europe...still no USA even after the album was released. I thought they then might announce a tour around the time of the Super Bowl.

Finally the USA dates come and we get 7 stadium shows. What kind of "tour" is that? Not a single show in the southeast USA...nothing. Nothing under an 11 hour drive. I hate to pessimistic but that's a true slap in the face. I'd go to Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc to see Coldplay...and there's nothing down here. And that's after not a single show in the region since July 2012. They only want to play on Saturdays or something? Four shows in London but they can't return to one of their self-proclaimed "favorite cities" down here?

Atlanta has supported Coldplay big time from the start...most recently 3 shows on the Viva tour and 2 for Mylo. I don't understand why they wouldn't play here for the new album, but the term "disappointing" is about as big of an understatement as it gets. Try devastated. with no Ghost Stories and A Head Full of Dreams, maybe they'll play here for the next album.

Ok I'm not the type to be negative about things since I LOVE Coldplay, but wow this announcement is very shocking to me. I was REALLY looking forward to this tour announcement for quite a few months. When Muse completely skipped the southeast USA on this world tour, I said no worries, Coldplay will be coming (two of my top bands). The hype for my friends and I was way bigger than normal due to no Ghost Stories tour too. With all the teasing and hyping, they announced South America...Europe...still no USA even after the album was released. I thought they then might announce a tour around the time of the Super Bowl.

Finally the USA dates come and we get 7 stadium shows. What kind of "tour" is that? Not a single show in the southeast USA...nothing. Nothing under an 11 hour drive. I hate to pessimistic but that's a true slap in the face. I'd go to Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc to see Coldplay...and there's nothing down here. And that's after not a single show in the region since July 2012. They only want to play on Saturdays or something? Four shows in London but they can't return to one of their self-proclaimed "favorite cities" down here?

Atlanta has supported Coldplay big time from the start...most recently 3 shows on the Viva tour and 2 for Mylo. I don't understand why they wouldn't play here for the new album, but the term "disappointing" is about as big of an understatement as it gets. Try devastated. with no Ghost Stories and A Head Full of Dreams, maybe they'll play here for the next album.

Take a chill pill. They'll announce more dates.

• Like 2