✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

I'm so disappointed about the floor being seats and not General Admission. After seeing the Europe set up I had hoped North America would be the same and we'd have GA like they had for Viva La Vida tour. It was much easier and less expensive to get close to the front of the stage...

• Like 2

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so disappointed about the floor being seats and not General Admission. After seeing the Europe set up I had hoped North America would be the same and we'd have GA like they had for Viva La Vida tour. It was much easier and less expensive to get close to the front of the stage...

True. I guess we have to be happy for the tickets we managed to get, even though they are not in front of the stage. I think I may miss having the confetti shower :) But I did go see them in Wembley on the tiers (some of the best seats on the tier) and it was actually fun too but yeah I hear you...I would also have liked to have the chance to get a bit closer :)

For those who got seats on the floor. How does that work exactly? People are bound to stand up aren't they? But u can't really move around with all the chairs so you have to also be a tall person to be sure you see the stage unless you're in the very front rows?

Just trying to wrap my head around how this works. Anyone has experience of having been there?

My experience from being on a seated floor is that people usually just stand the whole time. Sometimes during slower or less popular songs people do sit down. You can see the stage and the performers better when everyone is sitting but who sits at a concert??? lol I sure don't like to. So people just stand and I always hope there's no one really tall right in my line of view. There's about as much space as there would be in the tiers between your seats and the ones in front of you.

Im not sure if its dishonest no more than it would be if I got some free merchandise as part of a competition and wanted to sell it for a profit. Now personally I would not do that, participate in a competition (or ask for a free access code in this case) for the sole purpose of reselling it for a profit. I think its sleazy and reeks of desperation for making money hehe

On the other hand though and playing devil´s advocate here there might be people out there who did not manage to get the access codes and evaluate it would be worth paying for in order to get a ticket for what will probably result in sold-out shows (for $100 more you´re better off buying an actual ticket from a scalper imo haha so i don't know if this guy will sell any codes), as well as there are people who are willing to pay premium bucks to get exclusive merchandise others have won for free through competitions (I myself once considered buying an exclusive edition James Bond watch hehe).

So yeah I think his sale is justified in a sense, though I myself would not do it. If I had free access codes I´d give them for free, but I don't know..some people must be desperate to make money in any way they can *LOL*

I don't know, just doesn't feel right to me, this kind of thing. The general public onsale hasn't even started yet, and there is still plenty of normal-priced tickets available there...and I could understand if cods were sold for maybe 10 or even 20 dollars or something, but asking 100 dollars for such a thing is just plain mean. Of course you'd still be better off with this code (if its genuine) compared to buying from ticket scalpers, that's right. But still, can't help feeling it's so wrong and mean to do that....

• Like 1

I don't know, just doesn't feel right to me, this kind of thing. The general public onsale hasn't even started yet, and there is still plenty of normal-priced tickets available there...and I could understand if cods were sold for maybe 10 or even 20 dollars or something, but asking 100 dollars for such a thing is just plain mean. Of course you'd still be better off with this code (if its genuine) compared to buying from ticket scalpers, that's right. But still, can't help feeling it's so wrong and mean to do that....

My thoughts excactly.

Last week in Belgium a big ticket fraude has been discovered. Ticket scalpers had bought up 17.000 tickets and sold them at higher prices. Tickets were for a band called K3, which is for kids! So they were ripping of families of let's say 3 - 12 year olds! They have no conscience.

• Like 1

Wow, 17.000 ! What a shame, yeah !

There should be a ticket limit of a few tickets or something per person (and controlled by ID !), unless you can prove they are for a larger group like a schoolclass or something. I know you could still circumvent ticket limits by getting other people to buy tickets for you, but it would still be another barrier for the scalpers.

One of the good thing about the free market is that people will not buy if they think the price is too steep, so this guy imo is not likely to sell codes...especially considering you can get good tickets from re-sellers adding $100 or so.

My thoughts excactly.

Last week in Belgium a big ticket fraude has been discovered. Ticket scalpers had bought up 17.000 tickets and sold them at higher prices. Tickets were for a band called K3, which is for kids! So they were ripping of families of let's say 3 - 12 year olds! They have no conscience.

Well I would say the government has no conscience hehe We know that there are some people who would do all sorts of things against the common good and for personal benefit if left free to do so. Its the job of the people to protect , well...the people. They should make a law forbidding re-selling of events tickets for anything other than the value price. If people make enough noise about this, the gov will pay attention! :)

• Like 1

There should be a ticket limit of a few tickets or something per person (and controlled by ID !), unless you can prove they are for a larger group like a schoolclass or something. I know you could still circumvent ticket limits by getting other people to buy tickets for you, but it would still be another barrier for the scalpers.

Yeah God knows what these people do to buy more than 4 tickets. I know Ticketmaster has a limit of 4 tickets per buyer, so how do they manage to snag so many? They probably have some complicated algorithm program or whatnot circumventing security :/

We do have those rules and even strict laws, but these scalpers had set up a system where they sell them on their website before they even have the ticket. Then they use the name of the buyer to make a fake id at the real selling company's site and order the ticket there.

And then sold them at a higher price (+ 25€) to the buyers who didn't know they were on the wrong ticket site. :devil:

It was a website in the Netherlands, so not even a Belgian site. Their victims are people who are not used to sell concert tickets I guess.

I also don't approve what is going on with those Coldplay codes.

We do have those rules and even strict laws, but these scalpers had set up a system where they sell them on their website before they even have the ticket. Then they use the name of the buyer to make a fake id at the real selling company's site and order the ticket there.

And then sold them at a higher price (+ 25€) to the buyers who didn't know they were on the wrong ticket site. :devil:

It was a website in the Netherlands, so not even a Belgian site. Their victims are people who are not used to sell concert tickets I guess.

I also don't approve what is going on with those Coldplay codes.

Yeah, people will always find a way to circumvent things. I still think the best solution is to make it illegal, then people can stop the scalpers once and for all. Those poor families cheated out of their tickets and robbed blind should get together and write a petition, go to the media and whatnot, highlight the problem for all to see.

Those poor families cheated out of their tickets and robbed blind should get together and write a petition, go to the media and whatnot, highlight the problem for all to see.

It all came out because of the ticket company was already investigating a ticket scam for the Adele concerts. The same scalpers were responsible. The ticket company has send it out into the media. Sadly, people can't get any refunds but luckily most of the tickets are still valid.

So what are the odds we will actually be able to buy seats in the front floor sections when the general sale starts on friday? Since they obviously weren't on sale in the presale. Or are we talking about VIP seats for $$$ only in the first 5 blocks or so?

So what are the odds we will actually be able to buy seats in the front floor sections when the general sale starts on friday? Since they obviously weren't on sale in the presale. Or are we talking about VIP seats for $$$ only in the first 5 blocks or so?

VIP include the first 25 rows. I don't know if ALL seats in front 25 rows are VIP but they are the ones in the VIP/Platinum packages. Im guessing you´ll find no seats in those rows going for anything lower than $500. They were indeed on sale. I saw a lot of VIP/Platinum seats. I know some people got general floor seats here too, but mostly all in the back as far as I could tell

I know some people got general floor seats here too, but mostly all in the back as far as I could tell

Thats exactly my point. I got offered seats at MetLife in block 17 a few minutes ago but thats all the way in the back in the last corner of the stadium. I'm just still hoping for "normal" priced tickets in blocks 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 at MetLife on friday.

Take a chill pill. They'll announce more dates.

Exactly this. I've seen countless bands announce tours, and they are going to start with these big stadium shows first. They want to ensure these sell out first, because it's actually a bit of a gamble for a "youngish" band like Coldplay to play stadium in the US. That's also why all these stadium shows are on Saturdays, that is the day of the week most people don't have to work, and can cut loose and make plans for things like concerts. My prediction is that they will add arena shows during the week between these stadium shows. Also, like I said before, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver will at least get shows for Canada, if not other cities as well.

They are going to utilize the publicity from the Super Bowl to maximize ticket sales all over the country, not just 7 cities. Have patience.

• Like 3

My ticket area I can see is being sold as double the price but if your budget is within $200 or so you can still get some pretty decent tickets. I actually thought I was gonna spend $200, was surprised that it was $90. But here you can see the selection this site has for example

http://www.gamestub.com/coldplay-tickets/coldplay-at-rose-bowl-8-20-2016-2772775/

It is though truly seamless all the tickets they are selling and they managed to get hold of! This stuff should be illegal, like it is in Denmark.

It most definitely should be. Thanks for the link. (: I might be willing to pay as much to get general admission I've waited way too long not go. 6 years. I've never seen them. Im going to go

It most definitely should be. Thanks for the link. (: I might be willing to pay as much to get general admission I've waited way too long not go. 6 years. I've never seen them. Im going to go

That's longer than me. 4 years since my last Coldplay concert hehe

And there is no general admission in the northern American tour so far, only seats, also on the floor :/

• Like 1

Here in the US there has been general admission in many concerts, but since the Rose bowl is such a massive stadium(I've been there multiple times) most concerts held at the Rose bowl have seated ga like one direction Bruce Springsteen Eminem and Rihanna. I personally think they only do it for the safety of the fans. Idk I have still seen Coldplay at Glastonbury and it's a huge and massive ga. But I think it's because of safety. Idk, they also have thousands of security in yellow vests/shirts all over the place

• Like 1

It's how it is in the US when you want to buy tickets. Ughhhhhh I hate it

Here in the US there has been general admission in many concerts, but since the Rose bowl is such a massive stadium(I've been there multiple times) most concerts held at the Rose bowl have seated ga like one direction Bruce Springsteen Eminem and Rihanna. I personally think they only do it for the safety of the fans. Idk I have still seen Coldplay at Glastonbury and it's a huge and massive ga. But I think it's because of safety. Idk, they also have thousands of security in yellow vests/shirts all over the place

Hmm I would like to believe that but considering all the stadiums not only the Rose all have seats and not general standing I'm more inclined to think its profit. Also considering the first 25 rows are priced like crazy. :/

• Like 1