✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-17] Coldplaying Asks Coldplay - The Batman Interview

Batman

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha omg Thalia, I'm so happy for you and grateful to you and Coldplaying staff for the wonderful idea! I loved listening and reading the interview, the very "in-depth" questions were so engaging and I'm glad they enjoyed them and pointed out how different they were from those superficial ones they normally get asked. I also love that the stressing out of Guy's quietness didn't surprise them at all ( :p) and that he did his best to actually express his opinion exhaustively haha.

Good job, Thalia! :D I'm sure I've already told you a billion times, but you're such a funny story-teller, they couldn't choose a fitter person for this! Batman will never let anyone down :cool:

• Like 5

Hahahaha omg Thalia, I'm so happy for you and grateful to you and Coldplaying staff for the wonderful idea! I loved listening and reading the interview, the very "in-depth" questions were so engaging and I'm glad they enjoyed them and pointed out how different they were from those superficial ones they normally get asked. I also love that the stressing out of Guy's quietness didn't surprise them at all ( :p) and that he did his best to actually express his opinion exhaustively haha.

Good job, Thalia! :D I'm sure I've already told you a billion times, but you're such a funny story-teller, they couldn't choose a fitter person for this! Batman will never let anyone down :cool:

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! I suppose being nervous as hell I decided I might as well just hide under a thick blanket of humor to cover up my lacking skills of interviewing people haha

• Like 1

Well... wow... that's absolutely mind-blowing !

This interview is just perfect, a kind of "Coldplayer-friendly" Q&A, the one that we've all waited for !

Maybe because this interview was conducted skillfully ( I know that's your first one, but that took nothing away from its quality ), and those questions were interesting ( thanks to all those who contributed here ) and the answers unexpected ( How to ask trick questions ? by Batman ).

Hope you'll never forget this experience :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Like 6

Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! I suppose being nervous as hell I decided I might as well just hide under a thick blanket of humor to cover up my lacking skills of interviewing people haha

And it's Coldplay, I mean...! I don't even know if I would've managed to open my mouth :D All the better for you, they smiled at you and I'm sure they were perfectly at ease - definitely more than you lol But hey... You interviewed COLDPLAY!!! *W*

• Like 3

A huge accomplishment for both the community and Thalia. I'd like to congratulate everyone involved in making it happen.

Some aspects of it are disappointing but we shouldn't let anything overshadow such a great achievement. Apart from Linkin Park who do an amazing job with LP Underground bands don't particularly feel comfortable or at ease with meeting their core fan base because of how challenging or even scrutinizing questions and discussions could be so we should all appreciate what we've been given.

• Like 5

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post something last week to say Thalia did a fantastic job of representing and Will said after he'd really enjoyed the interview.

I just wanted to let you know that I felt there was no point in asking questions directed to Chris when he wasn't going to be there. I also told Thalia that as the band has been interviewed many times since the questions were sent & the album's release, some of them had already been asked so it felt like a great opportunity to ask ones that hadn't been asked before.

Yes, I vetted all the questions. I pointed out my favourite and ones that weren't questions for the band but their extended team. I compiled a realistic number for the time allotted but obviously 20 minutes goes really fast. I'm sure that Thalia would have got around to the top voted one but personally I think she got great answers and as you can see, a wonderful personal perspective.

Merry Christmas!

x

ps Earlier in the thread, someone said that Guy doesn't like Talk - that's not the song he doesn't like - but I though their answers were perfect!

• Like 31

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post something last week to say Thalia did a fantastic job of representing and Will said after he'd really enjoyed the interview.

I just wanted to let you know that I felt there was no point in asking questions directed to Chris when he wasn't going to be there. I also told Thalia that as the band has been interviewed many times since the questions were sent & the album's release, some of them had already been asked so it felt like a great opportunity to ask ones that hadn't been asked before.

Yes, I vetted all the questions. I pointed out my favourite and ones that weren't questions for the band but their extended team. I compiled a realistic number for the time allotted but obviously 20 minutes goes really fast. I'm sure that Thalia would have got around to the top voted one but personally I think she got great answers and as you can see, a wonderful personal perspective.

Merry Christmas!

x

ps Earlier in the thread, someone said that Guy doesn't like Talk - that's not the song he doesn't like - but I though their answers were perfect!

Thank you again for everything Debs, honestly I cannot thank you enough. Merry Christmas to you, too!

• Like 3

Hey everyone,

Merry Christmas!

x

Thx for clarifying. I have a friend and Talk is the song he fell in love with Coldplay . When on Monday an article said Coldplay will include fan s wishes for the setlist I showed him and said you could wish Talk , he was so disappointed because he thinks if Guy does not like to play it they won't play it on the tour .

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to respond and allowing this dream to come true Ms. Wild.

Thalia, you were awesome before this, now your awesomeness level just broke through the roof! I'm so glad you had fun and the chance of a lifetime to do this! I'd like to thank you for the detailed posts, pictures and audio. Sounds like you just had an adventure of a lifetime!

• Like 2

Thalia, you were awesome before this, now your awesomeness level just broke through the roof! I'm so glad you had fun and the chance of a lifetime to do this! I'd like to thank you for the detailed posts, pictures and audio. Sounds like you just had an adventure of a lifetime!

Batman and Spiderman, best of friends

original.jpg

• Like 5

<3

Guys! Let us know what your favorite part of the interview was?!!!!!! :D

My favorite parts were always when they went *silence*..."wow thats actually a really good question" hehe

Great interview and good questions indeed! So very nice of them to give us this little exclusive. Hope there is a part two sometime in the future :)

• Like 2

Thalia, that was a great interview! You did a magnificent job and should be proud! I'm glad you got to meet the band and spend some time with Will and Guy... They did take the interview seriously and gave us some thoughtful and considered answers, also answers that revealed a little bit about themselves and their childhoods. Nice to know that they can be regular guys and get stumped by deeper / more obscure questions just like anyone else :) And it sounds like they were genuinely impressed by the thoughtful gifts and attention to their history. All round, a nice one for all involved!

Thanks Coldplaying.com for lobbying for the interview, especially Thalia for spending the time, effort and money to make it happen. You guys did a good job!

Congrats to us fans who got to hear some burning questions asked and answered!

Thanks Debs Wild + management for allowing it to happen.

Thanks Coldplay (particularly Guy and Will) for taking the time out and answering our burning questions

What a wonderful early Christmas present for us all :D

• Like 8