✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Listening Party

I ran away

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fine, you guys must post a lot of messages then

We concluded that the lift would be a good idea if the participants are only a few. (I theorised that if future parties had a lot of participants lifting the limit would result in not being able to follow the convo here, but thats not really actual as of now)

And yes people posted like crazy last time and many were frustrated about the waiting limit :)

I'm afraid I'll be difficult to join the listening party, it'll be 3 pm for me. At that time we'll have dinner/lunch (I still don't know how to call it lol) and my family won't let me have my cellphone at the table. Plus it'll be difficult to sing while eating! Hopefully we'll eat a little bit late and I'll join half of the listening party at least.

I'm afraid I'll be difficult to join the listening party, it'll be 3 pm for me. At that time we'll have dinner/lunch (I still don't know how to call it lol) and my family won't let me have my cellphone at the table. Plus it'll be difficult to sing while eating! Hopefully we'll eat a little bit late and I'll join half of the listening party at least.

3 pm I´d call a late lunch ! haha I hope you can join in the second part then. The 15 min break will allow you to re-synch! :D

• Like 1

3 pm I´d call a late lunch ! haha I hope you can join in the second part then. The 15 min break will allow you to re-synch! :D

Lol our eating schedule is very different to the rest of the world. Which I might explain in the off topic thread. Hopefully, I'll join you, but what I'll definitely do is to listen to the album even if I don't write down my thoughts in the forum :)

• Like 2

That "all b-sides" listening party looks great! And X&Y is already so long so the b-sides could be saved for later.

I agree on the b-sides thing, I now have all of them so we can listen to that in it's own seperate party whenever we want:D

And X&Y is pretty long so I agree that we should put the 20-min break after the title track. I think that "Speed Of Sound" comes after which is definetely a great opening to the second part. :D

For me, the first time I listened to X&Y I really enjoyed it except it really seemed to drag on... through time however I found it more enjoyable, and I find 13 tracks now a suitable length for an album for my taste anyways :D But we still definetely can have the break.

What if I do a lifestream with all the tracks so you don't have to sync up your clocks?

That would be a wonderful idea, except what if the stream pauses for some people? I guess it'd skip ahead when it was done loading but if some people have poor internet for example, they wouldn't be able to listen to that.

However, we always do have the choice to listen to our copys of X&Y I guess :D

Minus about 4 hours to the start of the listening party!

All up-to-date info on the first post as always ! :D Check it out: there are a few updates, including the 15 min break ! (someone suggested 20 min was too much, we´ll try 15 this time and then we´ll see)

I do agree, 20 sounds like a bit much. 10 was a little too short and I think if we meet in the middle, 15 is perfect. :D

• Like 1

That would be a wonderful idea, except what if the stream pauses for some people? I guess it'd skip ahead when it was done loading but if some people have poor internet for example, they wouldn't be able to listen to that.

However, we always do have the choice to listen to our copys of X&Y I guess :D

I replied earlier to why I think the livestream, though providing certainly some advantages, might not be a good idea. But in the future we can discuss this if there is wish for it :)

• Like 1

Hopefully I remember to come back because I'll be doing something else in these 4 hours and I might get drawn into it and forget all about this! I may as well set an alarm on my phone now 30 minutes before just in case! :D (don't worry, if I do remember I can definetely come back and listen with all of you, it's nothing too important)

Hopefully I remember to come back because I'll be doing something else in these 4 hours and I might get drawn into it and forget all about this! I may as well set an alarm on my phone now 30 minutes before just in case! :D (don't worry, if I do remember I can definetely come back and listen with all of you, it's nothing too important)

Yes I might do the same cuz Im about to start a movie or two! hehe And if you happen to miss the first part, you can always synchronise back in after the break :D

I have don't a quick run through the numbers and I remember now that there is a long piece of silence in Twisted Logic (4:25 - 5:02).

I usually skip that but I reckon that I have to be patient now ? :)

Unfortunately I guess we have to be patient.;)

Hmm my Twisted Logic clocks at 4:32 minutes, no silence that I can hear between that and Kingdom. I might check later on my CD version then...

I guess it depends on where you got the album. If you're like me and ripped it from your CD or if you are listening on a CD, then there will be a break. If you got it from iTunes, Google Play Store, etc, then there's no break.

I guess it depends on where you got the album. If you're like me and ripped it from your CD or if you are listening on a CD, then there will be a break. If you got it from iTunes, Google Play Store, etc, then there's no break.

Hmm I thought I´d imported X & Y ages ago to my Mac from the CD. Apparently not. I just checked and its my mega old iTunes version...*grrrrr* Im gonna import it NOW :D