✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up To Become The Next Single From A Head Full of Dreams

stephen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just listened to it for the first time, and I had pretty low expectations after reading all this. However, I thought the radio edit wasn't that bad. It was a little choppy in like 2 places, but nothing major that ruins the song. I thought they did the song justice in the limited time they had!

Gotta agree with this. It's not that bad. I mean, considering the stuff we hear on radio these days, it's decent. A bit of a disappoinment but that's what the AHFOD era has been for me so far anyway lol.

I was actually looking forward to hearing Up&Up on the radio, it's my favorite song from AHFOD and also one of my favorite songs ever. But now I don't really anymore. The radio version cut 3/4 of my favorite part and also some cute are so awkward... [emoji26]

Like, finally a song with two awesome guitar solos and then they just cut them out?! I just hope at least the video will be for the normal version so I can at least enjoy that.

And really, what's the matter with a song being 6 minutes or something? I feel like Up&Up is the kind of song that's just gotta be that long, cause it makes you feel like it's only 3 minutes or something anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Wonderful job. An edit 100% worthy of the original.

EDIT: Would that have been so hard for them? I mean, really. If you played both this and the official single edit back to back without telling me, I'd swear down that this was the one.

• Like 1

Wonderful job. An edit 100% worthy of the original.

EDIT: Would that have been so hard for them? I mean, really. If you played both this and the official single edit back to back without telling me, I'd swear down that this was the one.

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked it :)

• Like 1

wat kind of person made this

I fine you £9999999999

EDIT: Petiton to make @Aiko the mixer of ALL Coldplay tracks:)

Haha I'd be happy to do it. In fact, I hope we can get some multitrack of AHFOD to make some changes in the mixing of the song, that in my opinion is the lowest point of this album.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at some of Vania Heymann's work (one of the directors of the Up&Up music video). It is amazing, he seems to manipulate still objects, making them seem alive. I would expect to see a similar approach in Coldplay's music video, Chris did say that it will make us perceive the world in different way, I am very excited to see the result!

This is how he made it, mind blowing!

• Like 4

Just been looking at some of Vania Heymann's work (one of the directors of the Up&Up music video). It is amazing, he seems to manipulate still objects, making them seem alive. I would expect to see a similar approach in Coldplay's music video, Chris did say that it will make us perceive the world in different way, I am very excited to see the result!

Yesterday I saw his film about watering can - I think he is really talented. The second's director (I don't remember his name) work is also quite impressive. It's going to be an interesting video imo :)

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Unbelievable! After watching these, I'm a whole lot more excited for the music video (I already was)!

This is the best music video that Coldplay have ever made. I wanna share with you some of my thoughts about it.

For me, it shows the current situation in the Middle East.

The first thing which suggests that is this boat overcrowded with people. Then, two boys who look like they lost their home.

The beach with a wall symbolises the people who don't want to let the refugees into their countries. They see this wall, they see this problem, but they pretend like nothing is happening. In the video there are a few "collages" showing a war with people doing normal things (a man on a bicycle, a girl doing gymnastics). Likewise, the fact that this overcrowded boat is placed in a bath seems to be intentional. All of these collages show that it doesn't matter where you live, you are a part of this... etireness. You can't just close your eyes. I think that this video also goes with Politik.

Most of the lyrics have nothing to do with my interpretation, except this part:

And you can say what is, or fight for it

Close your mind or take a risk

You can say it’s mine and clench your fist

Or see each sunrise as a gift

Maybe the wall was considered to relate to Donald Trump, but I looked at it more from European's perspective.

The weirdest thing is that I didn't see any recent interview in which Coldplay would talk about politics, refugees etc. (maybe I missed something).

It seemed like a jigsaw, it made me happy :)

• Like 5

This is the best music video that Coldplay have ever made. I wanna share with you some of my thoughts about it.

For me, it shows the current situation in the Middle East.

The first thing which suggests that is this boat overcrowded with people. Then, two boys who look like they lost their home.

The beach with a wall symbolises the people who don't want to let the refugees into their countries. They see this wall, they see this problem, but they pretend like nothing is happening. In the video there are a few "collages" showing a war with people doing normal things (a man on a bicycle, a girl doing gymnastics). Likewise, the fact that this overcrowded boat is placed in a bath seems to be intentional. All of these collages show that it doesn't matter where you live, you are a part of this... etireness. You can't just close your eyes. I think that this video also goes with Politik.

Most of the lyrics have nothing to do with my interpretation, except this part:

And you can say what is, or fight for it

Close your mind or take a risk

You can say it’s mine and clench your fist

Or see each sunrise as a gift

Maybe the wall was considered to relate to Donald Trump, but I looked at it more from European's perspective.

The weirdest thing is that I didn't see any recent interview in which Coldplay would talk about politics, refugees etc. (maybe I missed something).

It seemed like a jigsaw, it made me happy :)

I can't really give an concrete example, but Chris mentioned refugees and generally bad things going on in the world quite a few times actually. And aren't they also part of this campaign where they're selling some of their stuff to raise money for refugees?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app