✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up To Become The Next Single From A Head Full of Dreams

stephen

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone curious, this is what the single edit will be like, indeed with a LOT missing unfortunately. The first guitar solo is about half as long, the second solo is missing, and there's an awkward transition after the first chorus. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEpMhKiYS50

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEpMhKiYS50

But the guitar solos are the best part! Now there's only 1/4 guitar solos left:/

But the guitar solos are the best part! Now there's only 1/4 guitar solos left:/

Yeah they pulled the same thing with Hurts Like Heaven, where the guitar solos got a LOT shorter. I don't get it considering how Oasis got away with songs like Champagne Supernova without hideously short radio edits.

That said, I'm still super excited that the band is getting behind Up&Up this way. It's obviously not the most "mainstream" piece of music on the album, but you can tell they care about it the most. If I'm not mistaken, this may also be the first album closer to be a single, and we all know how good the album closers are!

• Like 2

I hate the current mainstream and one day vow to make it implode.

Up&Up (hopefully) will sound good though, sad that some guitar solos only last so long. It's better to have guitar solos and well written lyrics (on this song anyways) than all that shit on the Top 40.

If only one day Radio X could take over the reigns for the most popular stations, they play songs like Don't Look Back In Anger and Paranoid Android:heart:

Apparently Up&Up will be released as a second single in America on May 10th, has Hymn For The Weekend not been officially released yet? That would explain why it didn't do too well in the charts, maybe it's going to be a summer release, it's not my favourite song from AHFOD but it really does sound like a hit.

so HFTW failed to chart? this is confusing

Apparently it's still not released as a single? I don't get it, it seems like releasing it with (or close) to the music video would be the better commercial choice. Combined with not performing it during the halftime show, I guess they don't want it to be successful or something lol.

Apparently it's still not released as a single? I don't get it, it seems like releasing it with (or close) to the music video would be the better commercial choice. Combined with not performing it during the halftime show, I guess they don't want it to be successful or something lol.

Interesting. I think that says a lot about what they're trying to accomplish with this era, honestly. It's pretty fair to say AOAL is going to be the single people remember off the album, but it's also fair to say the band doesn't want quite the attention for songs like with previous albums. Having Up&Up as a single doesn't prove that, but it does seem to show they want to spread the message of 'love' over yet another hit.

• Like 4

Okay so I bring this up way too often, but I really can't help it.

Will this be the single with an EP?? I think if they were going to release any B-sides at all, it would make sense to put them with Up&Up since it is one of the more meaningful, lush, and alternative rock tracks on the album. I guess I just have been waiting since December for some announcement about additional AHFOD era tracks and have been bummed about having nothing yet.

GS is an album that I really like, but when you add the uniqueness of Ghost Story, the darkness of All Your Friends, the reverb of O Part 2, and even the awesome piano of Atlas--that whole era becomes much more rich and full of experimentation.

With AHFOD, the album taken as a whole isn't giving me enough to munch on. Yeah, they kinda delve into disco, hip-hop, synthpop, new wave, britpop, but it is all too sparse and short lived. I wanna hear B-sides with a real dance edge, or a real electronic experimentation, or even just with a real ROCK sound again.

• Like 4

Okay so I bring this up way too often, but I really can't help it.

Will this be the single with an EP?? I think if they were going to release any B-sides at all, it would make sense to put them with Up&Up since it is one of the more meaningful, lush, and alternative rock tracks on the album. I guess I just have been waiting since December for some announcement about additional AHFOD era tracks and have been bummed about having nothing yet.

GS is an album that I really like, but when you add the uniqueness of Ghost Story, the darkness of All Your Friends, the reverb of O Part 2, and even the awesome piano of Atlas--that whole era becomes much more rich and full of experimentation.

With AHFOD, the album taken as a whole isn't giving me enough to munch on. Yeah, they kinda delve into disco, hip-hop, synthpop, new wave, britpop, but it is all too sparse and short lived. I wanna hear B-sides with a real dance edge, or a real electronic experimentation, or even just with a real ROCK sound again.

since it was on the Japanese release and also produced by Stargate, I consider Miracles part of the AHFoD era. fits in nicely between Colour Spectrum and Up&Up

Wow, there are some weird and harsh cuts in this radio edit. There's even complete silence at 1:23, as if they split up the track in their editor and forgot to connect the parts.

And at 3:47 something strange happening too...