✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

"What if you should decide that you don't want me there by your side ?" Someone decided just that and kindly informed me of it via text message. :(

As opposed to the first time this relationship broke up, I am much calmer right now. Still crying all the time, of course, but I find that the tears sometimes just begin to dry up after a few minutes. Maybe because I saw it coming, maybe because I finally accepted that this relationship is not worth it all the pain and ending it now is healthier than holding on to it and it ending in a divorce a couple years later, or it ending when both of us are older and feel like we have wasted the best years of our lives.

Or maybe I am still in denial that it is really over now, sometimes I feel I have not yet realized it yet.

There are still many moments in which I wish that we could go on even if the relationship is hurtful, because when you lose someone you love any pain is acceptable to not have to lose this person (and I realize this is what Ink is all about: "...and the pain's alright, just want a way of keeping you inside").

Listening to Ghost Stories right now and the album slowly starts to grow on me, even though I don't really like the overall electronic soundscape. But I find that the pain in my head somehow resonates with these hard electronic drumbeats, and they take a bit away of the pain...call it therapeutic listening.

All I want at the moment is to go back to my home. It is really hard to stay in this country at the moment where I came with so many hopes and where I got so much heartbreak. This is nothing against the country and against the nice people here (and I know I will miss it very much after I left), but I can't wait till next weekend when I finally leave for good. Walking this streets i just think i can never feel happiness in this place again, because they have too much significance. I want to go back home to my family and the life I used to know before all that happened.

• Like 2

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What if you should decide that you don't want me there by your side ?" Someone decided just that and kindly informed me of it via text message. :(

As opposed to the first time this relationship broke up, I am much calmer right now. Still crying all the time, of course, but I find that the tears sometimes just begin to dry up after a few minutes. Maybe because I saw it coming, maybe because I finally accepted that this relationship is not worth it all the pain and ending it now is healthier than holding on to it and it ending in a divorce a couple years later, or it ending when both of us are older and feel like we have wasted the best years of our lives.

Or maybe I am still in denial that it is really over now, sometimes I feel I have not yet realized it yet.

There are still many moments in which I wish that we could go on even if the relationship is hurtful, because when you lose someone you love any pain is acceptable to not have to lose this person (and I realize this is what Ink is all about: "...and the pain's alright, just want a way of keeping you inside").

Listening to Ghost Stories right now and the album slowly starts to grow on me, even though I don't really like the overall electronic soundscape. But I find that the pain in my head somehow resonates with these hard electronic drumbeats, and they take a bit away of the pain...call it therapeutic listening.

All I want at the moment is to go back to my home. It is really hard to stay in this country at the moment where I came with so many hopes and where I got so much heartbreak. This is nothing against the country and against the nice people here (and I know I will miss it very much after I left), but I can't wait till next weekend when I finally leave for good. Walking this streets i just think i can never feel happiness in this place again, because they have too much significance. I want to go back home to my family and the life I used to know before all that happened.

I feel sorry for what has happened but as you said, it's good that's it's over now. It'll take some time to let yourself go. If you feel that you want to leave this place, do it. I think that the best way to forget is taking your free time up with doing a lot of things instead of sitting and rethinking everything over and over again.

I wish all the best for you.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain again :( I hope you can find peace back in your home country with your family, I think there's no better place to go. And what you say about GS is totally true, that album has the magic power to heal the pain... let it touch your heart and you'll feel better.

I wish you all the best, and remember that in Coldplaying you can always count on people who will help you if you need it :)

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear that[emoji53]

But at least you got a clear cut now, you'll see it's better than being in a painful relationship that is doomed to end one day.

Remember that the pain will only be temporary.

"The sun must set to rise."

I'm glad you get to move back to the place where you feel at home and like you can find happiness.

I hope Coldplay's music will help you through this a little and remember you can always come here if you need someone to talk to.

Wish you all the best[emoji173]

• Like 1

Braking up with a text message...

OK, this guy has absolutely crossed a line.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but he sure doesn't deserve any tears and pain.

Letting go probably is the good thing to do (but not easy, I know).

And since you are going back to Europe, holding on to a relationship that is already "on loose ends" while you are going to be so far away from each other is very hard to keep.

Being with your family and friends will make it easier to let go and to forget and to be happy again.

And you know, here is always someone to listen if you need it. :hug:

Oh this is getting me emotional again, I've been on a roller coaster today too.

Crying about the silliest things. Even hearing Atlas on TV made them roll.

It must be one of those days...

• Like 3

I'm sorry to hear that. :( You knew something was broken and you tried to fix it any way you could... but sometimes it's best to let it fly away. :( I understand if the pain is too much and you need to head back home. You're family is there and you've also got some friends here at Coldplaying... as well as 4 British lads who you got to see live three times during your stay in the U.S. :)

Just remember, it may feel like midnight, but the dawn will always follow the darkness.

• Like 2

I'm sure the future will be brighter. Try to focus on the good memories you have from a country that has given a lot of wishes coming true. Life is hard but at the same time is so beautiful. As everyone has said here we're here to support each other and if we don't have the best advice at least we can take some of our time to read our thoughts.

Good things are coming your way. Cry for the last time because of that man who doesn't deserve you, you're a wonderful girl and a wonderful coldplayer. Then focus on the future where you'll come back to your home country with your loved ones

I send you a big virtual hug and my best wishes :)

Braking up with a text message...

OK, this guy has absolutely crossed a line.

I'm sorry if this sounds rude but he sure doesn't deserve any tears and pain.

Letting go probably is the good thing to do (but not easy, I know).

And since you are going back to Europe, holding on to a relationship that is already "on loose ends" while you are going to be so far away from each other is very hard to keep.

Being with your family and friends will make it easier to let go and to forget and to be happy again.

And you know, here is always someone to listen if you need it. :hug:

Oh this is getting me emotional again, I've been on a roller coaster today too.

Crying about the silliest things. Even hearing Atlas on TV made them roll.

It must be one of those days...

I'm with you, Nie, about this guy. This was for the best in the end. It still hurts now though. But leave here l, I Ran Away, thinking of all the good Coldplay memories. We are your friends, and will be with you when you need us, wherever you are. Still, I will miss knowing you were here in the U.S. Right now, the comfort of home and everything familiar will do you good. You will get through this. Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"If you ever feel neglected ,if you think that all is lost...I'll be counting up my deamons,yeeeeah.. Hope that everything's lost!"

It's not lost,it's just a break before the dawn and new projects for your life. Like when you hold a breath and dive in. And then the force pushes you up again and you jump to the surface of the sea.

Just hold on until that happens... Try to enjoy your trip,your come back to your family.

Experiences and pains fill you with wisdom,growth and happiness.

"Leave your broken window open and in the light just streams..."

I wish you a head full of dreams!

Of course,if you want to talk,"Let's talk,let's talk..." PM or something,anytime.

• Like 2

I give you a virtual hug :hug: (that's the best I can do from here). Sorry to hear about this, especially for you because I think you don't deserve to feel so much pain for the kind and passionate person you are. Sadly this kind of things happen too much often, but time will heal everything

I give you a virtual hug :hug: (that's the best I can do from here). Sorry to hear about this, especially for you because I think you don't deserve to feel so much pain for the kind and passionate person you are. Sadly this kind of things happen too much often, but time will heal everything

''But time is on your side, it's on your side now''

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

You may have noticed that I have not posted on this site in around 5 months. This isn't the main part of the post but I may as well get it out of the way... this probably won't be the last time this happens. I typically have periods where I get really interested in something for a while, be it 2 weeks or a year, and then take a break from it almost entirely before re visiting it again. Anyone like me do this too? I've noticed most of you haven't gone for this long as I have tho... (so long for that one post I made in that one game I made, yeahhh I kinda lied about that LOL. Don't ever trust that.) I also probably won't be on as much, just saying...

Came back partially because it's been around a year since I've joined, but there's more to it...

On to the main point of the post, and the main point why I'm posting it here in this thread... something relatively recently happened in my life that completely made things come crashing down for me. The first half of my summer was amazing. I went and did something I always wanted to do for a while now, took 3 week vacation, it was super amazing. Loved every single bit of it. Got to listen to my favorite songs almost every step of the way. :) Then came the night of August 4th, a little over a week after I got back from vacation (which I always hate too).

This sad event happened 3 days earlier, on the morning of August 1st. The weekend before was rough for her. She fell ill rather quickly, the only explanation they had was that she was old. On the evening before this happened she was in good hands and great care, she had a nice sleep. The next morning I don't know much about, exactly when it happened or what... all I know, is that there came a time where someone layed beside her. Looked into her eyes... started to cry... and for the final time... kissed her goodbye. Not long after waking up, she fell asleep once again, and in great comfort. But this time, her eyes wouldn't open again. She had peacefully passed away. :'(

I learned of this news once again on the night of August 4th. It took me two hours to even begin reading the post after noticing the "after a rough weekend" part of it. At first I was in shock and didn't know what to think at all. A light thunderstorm passed overhead just as I began reading it, fittingly enough. I went to bed not too long afterward, finally started to cry myself to sleep. The next day was pure despair, I felt lonely and sad alllll day, it was one of the worst days I'd ever had. I'd frequently have crying spells. I couldn't handle without it. Anything I was interested in before this point had gone away, I simply did not have the energy to do it. So I pretty much just listened to sad music at my computer all day... I know, doesn't sound like much of a day but it's all I had the energy for. One of the projects I was working on I put down till yesterday, and I've now dedicated it to her (by the way, it is something Coldplay related :)) For the next week or so I'd fall asleep to the same sad song I am listening to right now as I read this post. The next day when I woke up and remembered and heard the song playing. I once again burst into tears, apparently so much that my mom came in and helped me. I had to force myself to stop because if it felt like I did it any more, my eyes would catch on fire. I've never once had that happen to me before. That must have really been good for me because I didn't feel as consistently bad that day as I did the previous day, still pretty miserable though. For these two days it was mostly cloudy, thundering on the 5th, not much the following day, very fitting for that time in my life though. Eventually I did feel much better, and I was enjoying myself a little more. Started focusing on the fun times with her, which actually was two times on vacation last month for like half an hour each time. I didn't get to know her well. But I loved (and still do love) her beyond any amount of words could even remotely begin to explain. Sometimes I feel she's my long lost sister. So anyway I did start to get better...... until the morning of the 17th rolled around. It happened again. Another one I love passed away and the cycle repeated itself, perhaps not as badly since I've already had it happen to me once soon before. I eventually picked myself back up again and am now feeling much better then I used to, although now to look back on this makes me a little sadder, yet happy for them that their suffering has came to an end.

To close, I'd like to thank all of you in here so far for being such nice people. I've read the comments and you all seem very compassionate of people who've gone through troubles. I realize this is a community where no one should be put down and we all respect each other, this thread I've noticed is dedicated for helping each other out :) Sorry if this seems over-dramatic. I just really feel the need to talk, for some reason it makes me feel better the more I write it. Because I loved both of them far beyond any amount of words could begin to remotely explain.

RIP Maya. You and the other one I love forever hold a very deep spot inside my heart and soul. I now take comfort in the fact that I know that the both of you are suffering no more. And one day, I know we'll meet again, somehow, someway.

Thank you anyone who's taken the time to read this far. I appreciate it.

• Like 10

Hello everyone.

You may have noticed that I have not posted on this site in around 5 months. This isn't the main part of the post but I may as well get it out of the way... this probably won't be the last time this happens. I typically have periods where I get really interested in something for a while, be it 2 weeks or a year, and then take a break from it almost entirely before re visiting it again. Anyone like me do this too? I've noticed most of you haven't gone for this long as I have tho... (so long for that one post I made in that one game I made, yeahhh I kinda lied about that LOL. Don't ever trust that.) I also probably won't be on as much, just saying...

Came back partially because it's been around a year since I've joined, but there's more to it...

On to the main point of the post, and the main point why I'm posting it here in this thread... something relatively recently happened in my life that completely made things come crashing down for me. The first half of my summer was amazing. I went and did something I always wanted to do for a while now, took 3 week vacation, it was super amazing. Loved every single bit of it. Got to listen to my favorite songs almost every step of the way. :) Then came the night of August 4th, a little over a week after I got back from vacation (which I always hate too).

This sad event happened 3 days earlier, on the morning of August 1st. The weekend before was rough for her. She fell ill rather quickly, the only explanation they had was that she was old. On the evening before this happened she was in good hands and great care, she had a nice sleep. The next morning I don't know much about, exactly when it happened or what... all I know, is that there came a time where someone layed beside her. Looked into her eyes... started to cry... and for the final time... kissed her goodbye. Not long after waking up, she fell asleep once again, and in great comfort. But this time, her eyes wouldn't open again. She had peacefully passed away. :'(

I learned of this news once again on the night of August 4th. It took me two hours to even begin reading the post after noticing the "after a rough weekend" part of it. At first I was in shock and didn't know what to think at all. A light thunderstorm passed overhead just as I began reading it, fittingly enough. I went to bed not too long afterward, finally started to cry myself to sleep. The next day was pure despair, I felt lonely and sad alllll day, it was one of the worst days I'd ever had. I'd frequently have crying spells. I couldn't handle without it. Anything I was interested in before this point had gone away, I simply did not have the energy to do it. So I pretty much just listened to sad music at my computer all day... I know, doesn't sound like much of a day but it's all I had the energy for. One of the projects I was working on I put down till yesterday, and I've now dedicated it to her (by the way, it is something Coldplay related :)) For the next week or so I'd fall asleep to the same sad song I am listening to right now as I read this post. The next day when I woke up and remembered and heard the song playing. I once again burst into tears, apparently so much that my mom came in and helped me. I had to force myself to stop because if it felt like I did it any more, my eyes would catch on fire. I've never once had that happen to me before. That must have really been good for me because I didn't feel as consistently bad that day as I did the previous day, still pretty miserable though. For these two days it was mostly cloudy, thundering on the 5th, not much the following day, very fitting for that time in my life though. Eventually I did feel much better, and I was enjoying myself a little more. Started focusing on the fun times with her, which actually was two times on vacation last month for like half an hour each time. I didn't get to know her well. But I loved (and still do love) her beyond any amount of words could even remotely begin to explain. Sometimes I feel she's my long lost sister. So anyway I did start to get better...... until the morning of the 17th rolled around. It happened again. Another one I love passed away and the cycle repeated itself, perhaps not as badly since I've already had it happen to me once soon before. I eventually picked myself back up again and am now feeling much better then I used to, although now to look back on this makes me a little sadder, yet happy for them that their suffering has came to an end.

To close, I'd like to thank all of you in here so far for being such nice people. I've read the comments and you all seem very compassionate of people who've gone through troubles. I realize this is a community where no one should be put down and we all respect each other, this thread I've noticed is dedicated for helping each other out :) Sorry if this seems over-dramatic. I just really feel the need to talk, for some reason it makes me feel better the more I write it. Because I loved both of them far beyond any amount of words could begin to remotely explain.

RIP Maya. You and the other one I love forever hold a very deep spot inside my heart and soul. I now take comfort in the fact that I know that the both of you are suffering no more. And one day, I know we'll meet again, somehow, someway.

Hey I remember you! :) I took a long break too for far less serious reasons... but now I'm back and looking to stick around indefinitely. Seeing the band live for the first time really reignited my love for them after months of letting family problems and academics replace all the time I had previously spent listening to music and posting on forums.

Please don't worry about talking about how you feel... Coldplaying is like a family, especially in this thread. I am so glad that just talking about your pain is helping you heal from what you've been going through. I am so glad to see you around here again and no matter how much time you want to spend here, just know that there are people here that you can count on to be there for you. :)

• Like 5

Hello everyone.

Hey, welcome back!

I still remember you stopped posting on here shortly after I joined[emoji6]

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was lucky that something like this never happened to me so far but I imagine loosing two people in a short amount of time must be really hard. But as you wrote, it's important to focus on the good times you had.

Sometimes it just feels really good to put everything in words and let it out. We're always here to listen[emoji4]

• Like 4

Of course it'll be difficult, but at the same time it'll be an amazing adventure. You don't have to worry about it, just enjoy every moment. Some advice I want to share with you:

Be responsible

Be friendly

Take any opportunity to be part of something funny, important for your degree, or unique

Meet new friends

Cry if you miss your family, the first days are going to be hard but you'll get used to it

There's nothing to be afraid of. Life has incredible adventures for you and if something bad ever happens you can count on us but above all you can count on your family, they'll be forever there to help you. Feel proud of this huge step you're about to take, I send you my best wishes :)

this is true :) you know, @42Escapist as time goes by, you'll definitely enjoy your time at uni.! Best wishes from your fellow coldplayer!

• Like 3

Today, it's been 5 years since I lost my Mum, and Coldplay's music and this lovely place and lovely people really have got me through the worst times of my life. I keep thinking "Fly on" and "The light that you left me will everglow", as well as "See each sunrise as a gift".

[emoji172] [emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169]

xxxx

I haven't read through posts on this thread for a long time but will try to soon x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 7

Hello everyone.

Oh,this sounds so overwhelming. My grandpa passed away on August 4 th,just like your close person and just in the middle of my great vacations

I can imagine how you feel. The death and loss really scares me of course,but my faith helps me. I can't say anything else about death except belief that our love ones still live. I believe in heaven and like O says: "Into smoke I'm turned and rise..."

I admire people who don't believe but still live and survive deaths of love ones staying strong and brave. I don't know how they manage to do that because faith is the only answer to death for me.

I hope you'll find your answers,strenght and peace.

If you need to talk or share some thoughts,we are here. PM or anything.

Hold on,Coldplay is with you!

• Like 3

Today, it's been 5 years since I lost my Mum, and Coldplay's music and this lovely place and lovely people really have got me through the worst times of my life. I keep thinking "Fly on" and "The light that you left me will everglow", as well as "See each sunrise as a gift".

[emoji172] [emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169]

xxxx

Happy to hear you've already healed from that tragic moment of your life :) This is exactly why i love Coldplay. Coldplay songs are somewhat medicines of any kind of miserable thing we bear in this world. "oh they say people come, say people go, this particular diamond was extra special and though you might be gone, and the world may not know still I see you, celestial". Anyway, i hope you're having a great day there! :) From Philippines with love

• Like 4

Happy to hear you've already healed from that tragic moment of your life :) This is exactly why i love Coldplay. Coldplay songs are somewhat medicines of any kind of miserable thing we bear in this world. "oh they say people come, say people go, this particular diamond was extra special and though you might be gone, and the world may not know still I see you, celestial". Anyway, i hope you're having a great day there! :) From Philippines with love

Yes those lyrics too! I wouldn't say I've fully healed, as sometimes you can't ever fully heal from some things, but thank you, that means a lot x

• Like 4