✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

^I think that track was promising in terms of songwriting. The lyrics weren't terrible, and I feel like the piano mid-song and near the outro is better than Everglow almost, it feels really improvised and raw. Definitely could have been a great Coldplay collab with a bit more production

Did you guys hear Homesick by Dua Lipa with Chris Martin? I hope if they add a track it's not this one. :) It's ok, just too simplistic for Coldplay.

I like it, but yeah I agree it's a little simplistic. It's pretty much exactly what a cross between Everglow and Wish I Was Here would sound like lol. Especially the opening piano riff. The first time I'd heard it I thought I'd stumbled upon an alternate version of Everglow by mistake :P

I can't imagine them adding it to the EP though. If we're getting any new material added to the tracklist it will probably be an as-yet-unheard track. Maybe a cover?

• Like 1

Im kind of sad about the EP because after the EP we probably won't hear anything new from the boys for a long time.. and probably a very long time... not only do they take forever in the studio but this time with the extended touring, I'm pretty sure they will take a long break too.. This EP better kick butt.

• Like 6

Owww, interesting idea.

Shakira has apparently also recently released a new album (I'm not following this stuff but I saw an ad for it in Munich yesterday)

Première of that collab on the GC Festival in Hamburg maybe?

Première of that collab on the GC Festival in Hamburg maybe?

Please no, unless it's just the live debut. Not that I'm against them premiering a potential collaboration there, but that would mean that Kaleidoscope EP doesn't come out until that. And without Kaleidoscope EP I see no hope for a setlist change.

I like it, but yeah I agree it's a little simplistic. It's pretty much exactly what a cross between Everglow and Wish I Was Here would sound like lol. Especially the opening piano riff. The first time I'd heard it I thought I'd stumbled upon an alternate version of Everglow by mistake :p

I can't imagine them adding it to the EP though. If we're getting any new material added to the tracklist it will probably be an as-yet-unheard track. Maybe a cover?

Ms. Lipa........ we all wish we were there with him, love ! : unamused:

If they do a collab with Shakira that would be the last Coldplay song I would ever listen to in my life. That's possibly the lowest they can get. I want songs like Chinese Sleep Chant, Square One or Spies. Come on Coldplay, you can do waaaay better than Shakira and Beyoncé...

If they do a collab with Shakira that would be the last Coldplay song I would ever listen to in my life. That's possibly the lowest they can get. I want songs like Chinese Sleep Chant, Square One or Spies. Come on Coldplay, you can do waaaay better than Shakira and Beyoncé...

really, lower than Chainsmokers?

i can understand not liking the styles of music that Shakira or Beyonce make and therefore not wanting a collab, but at least they have talent. :rolleyes:

really, lower than Chainsmokers?

i can understand not liking the styles of music that Shakira or Beyonce make and therefore not wanting a collab, but at least they have talent. :rolleyes:

I forgot about Chainsmokers... But Shakira is not Coldplay type and it's definitely not mine too.

• Like 1