✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

uhhh hmmm...

so i was just looking at the announcement on the official website which still says June 2 in the subtitle but:

"Good morning. The band have just revealed the June 30 release of their five-track Kaleidoscope EP, together with a brand new song from the EP, Hypnotised."

now in the first paragraph it says June 30 release??? is this a typo that has always been there and i'm only just now noticing it??

Oh noooooo !

And that would be the day of our Coldplay concert in Frankfurt @Nie....

• Like 1

It's definitely been edited!

Yup. I checked Waybackmachine and their latest snapshot from April 19 still mentions the June 2 releasedate, so it has been edited anywhere between April 19 and Coldplayisawesome's discovery earlier today.

Also, can anyone fill me in on that rumoured collab? I've been out of the loop for a while

• Like 1

Yup. I checked Waybackmachine and their latest snapshot from April 19 still mentions the June 2 releasedate, so it has been edited anywhere between April 19 and Coldplayisawesome's discovery earlier today.

Also, can anyone fill me in on that rumoured collab? I've been out of the loop for a while

As far as I know the only info we have on that is that C & J were in an interview, the interviewer asked if there would be a collab on the EP and Chris said maybe or that they weren't sure because they had a song they still needed to finish. I think he mentioned it being Miracles 2

Yeah, it's weird that they would actually change it and not say something. Especially since the subtitle for the announcement still says June 2, makes me think maybe the change wasn't supposed to be published yet if it is true [emoji12]

Hmmm. The announcements on facebook and instagram now say "in June" where they used to say June 2

Maybe they're rush-recording a new song? It's weird there hasn't been anything official about it. I would say someone spilled the beans and published it too early, or it's some sort of weird typo/old release date.

Please, don't let this be a thing of them pushing back the release date to get that collab they wanted on the EP . . . :cold_sweat:

• Like 1

Realistically they would be pushing it back to master a song before they start their European leg. I'd be really shocked if they added another song to the EP (and so so happy) but I feel like this likely due to the collaboration and their ability to finalize everything before putting it out.

If this is real, I'd expect an announcement soon AND perhaps the release of another promotional single next month--its been a while now since Hypnotised and SJLT dropped.

I'm only a bit afraid how this will impact the start of the second EU leg, since it wouldn't make sense to play nearly the exact set as last year. I really NEED to hear AICTAIY and Hypnotised and one of the other new songs live. Since a 2 June release would make sense: release new songs and start touring 4 days later whilst playing them live for the first time to the audience. Now I'm a bit afraid the setlist won't be changed.

• Like 1

I'm only a bit afraid how this will impact the start of the second EU leg, since it wouldn't make sense to play nearly the exact set as last year. I really NEED to hear AICTAIY and Hypnotised and one of the other new songs live. Since a 2 June release would make sense: release new songs and start touring 4 days later whilst playing them live for the first time to the audience. Now I'm a bit afraid the setlist won't be changed.

Yeah, same here. They might play the songs or else choose not to reveal all the tracks live before the EP is out.

In case they wanna play them right from the start, I really wish the EP came out (or was leaked :P) before the tour start, wanna hear the studio versions before the lives....

• Like 2

As far as I know the only info we have on that is that C & J were in an interview, the interviewer asked if there would be a collab on the EP and Chris said maybe or that they weren't sure because they had a song they still needed to finish. I think he mentioned it being Miracles 2

Yes, that is what he said.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

What are the chances of something happening today or tomorrow? Now that the website has pretty much confirmed the June 30 pushback. I'm probably getting too ahead of myself, but would it be too much to think perhaps tracklisting released officially (Apple Music) and perhaps artwork/studio version of AICTAIY? The reason I think this is that I believe more songs will be added, similar to Prospekts March EP.

If not, which is highly likely! new Foster the People and Phoenix is dropping later today. This should keep me going.

• Like 1

What are the chances of something happening today or tomorrow? Now that the website has pretty much confirmed the June 30 pushback. I'm probably getting too ahead of myself, but would it be too much to think perhaps tracklisting released officially (Apple Music) and perhaps artwork/studio version of AICTAIY? The reason I think this is that I believe more songs will be added, similar to Prospekts March EP.

If not, which is highly likely! new Foster the People and Phoenix is dropping later today. This should keep me going.

my guess is maybe beginning of next week? since it'll be a month before the original release date

knowing CP though it'll be today or tomorrow while I'm busy at work [emoji12]

• Like 1