✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Did any1 catch which song from the EP they performed at that soundcheck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just scoured instagram and twitter to see if anyone did-- Members of Coldplay France got there early recorded Paradise and AHFOD being soundchecked from the stadium entrance, but didn't post anything new. Are there any Coldplayer Francais(e) here that knows why?

Also, this whole amazon thing is bogus. SJLT will absolutely be on the EP because of how successful its been. If Coldplay wants a broad reach then they must

include it as selling point. And I really think this was just a typo or some bot that screwed up the tracklisting/dates and all that. Definitely not official.

I wrote this on reddit the other day:

I could be wrong here, but I genuinely believe the EP was pushed back for two reasons: 1. Dua Lipa released her album on June 2. I somehow picture the boys agreeing to push the Kaleidoscope release back so Dua Lipa had less competition on release day, given Chris collaborated with her. A kind gesture perhaps. 2. Secondly I think maybe they are assessing their options with a dual release or extended EP with live in Tokyo tracks included.

Just my two cents.

That being said the release of this app and the fact that everything points to a release two weeks from this Friday/weekend makes me think an official statement may be coming thu/fri this week. I mean it makes sense to release details one or two weeks out from the release, unless their planning on dropping it with no lead up. That being said this app makes me think the live version of hypnotised is coming to their shows pretty soon/hence more ramp up of KEP marketing. All said and done, I actually love the tense feeling of waiting for new music. I think the fact that they changed the date and never listed a collab on the original track release just goes to show the EP was never final. Hoping for a few more songs <3

• Like 5

I could be wrong here, but I genuinely believe the EP was pushed back for two reasons: 1. Dua Lipa released her album on June 2. I somehow picture the boys agreeing to push the Kaleidoscope release back so Dua Lipa had less competition on release day, given Chris collaborated with her. A kind gesture perhaps. 2. Secondly I think maybe they are assessing their options with a dual release or extended EP with live in Tokyo tracks included.

Just my two cents.

That being said the release of this app and the fact that everything points to a release two weeks from this Friday/weekend makes me think an official statement may be coming thu/fri this week. I mean it makes sense to release details one or two weeks out from the release, unless their planning on dropping it with no lead up. That being said this app makes me think the live version of hypnotised is coming to their shows pretty soon/hence more ramp up of KEP marketing. All said and done, I actually love the tense feeling of waiting for new music. I think the fact that they changed the date and never listed a collab on the original track release just goes to show the EP was never final. Hoping for a few more songs <3

All makes sense, IMO.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

^^Agreed. That does make sense. Still confusing though. These are technically B-sides? Yet the excitement around them feels more like this is a new album or project. With GS Target Deluxe edition, there was like no lead up or excitement around those extra tracks, but now Coldplay seems to be really excited about writing new music. Still, I am confused because EP's never are all that profitable anyways, unless there are a BUNCH of new tracks. I don't know anybody with 10 bucks on itunes who decides to buy an EP with 5 tracks instead of an album with 12 tracks (not including us, of course). So if they are pushing it back for commercial reasons they must have faith it will make $$$$.

I love the wait too, but man, I've been speculating longer about this EP than AHFOD it feels like! Which could lead to disappointment if the 2 unheard tracks are crappy.

I agree that announcing the EP artwork along with the App or even a teaser of the tracks would be a good move on their part to stir some excitement up in the music media.

And by the way. I had a dream last night that I woke up and saw this on Facebook. Went something just like this:

"EP OUT NEXT WEEK: We're sorry for the delay. We had so much fun making Kaleidoscope EP that we wanted to add some more tracks that we've been mastering for a long time! We hope you enjoy"

1. All I Can Think About Is You

2. Something Just Like This (Rock Version)

3. Miracles 2

4. A.L.I.E.N.S. (feat. Brian Eno)

5. Car Kids

6. Spanish Rain

7. Famous Old Painters

8. Hypnotised

AHFOD Deluxe Edition--Bonus Tracks out in August

1. A Head Full Of Dreams (Demo)

2. Hymn For The Weekend (Acoustic)

3. Legends (Adventure Of A Lifetime Demo)

4. Army of One (Acoustic)

5. Up & Up (Live at Glastonbury)

EDIT: Sorry for the Fan Fiction Splurge.

• Like 5

3. Miracles 2

5. Car Kids

6. Spanish Rain

7. Famous Old Painters

8. Hypnotised

I'm sorry, but this tracklist is obviously fake. The essential track of the Era is missing,

I Ran Away (Live in Frankfurt 2017)

:p

• Like 5

Just my two cents.

I think this is a good possibility. Another thing to note is that they just filmed the video for SJLT, and Chris said that it will be out in a few weeks. I don't see the point in releasing a music video for a song that is 4 months old (which technically already has a video to go with it) unless it's to promote it on the EP (which we know it is going to be on). So I think we will definitely see it release within a few weeks time. And although I think it is not likely, it would be great to have a different version of the song on the EP. More like the live version, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Also, more songs would be great because we have already heard more than half if you include AICTAIY (although I don't think there will be anymore added). I want a Kaleidoscope II or an extended version like at the live shows. After all this is the "KALEIDOSCOPE" EP lol. For some reason I am picturing A.L.I.E.N.S. to be like a 7 minute song with a long intro, with spacey vibes from Brian Eno. One can dream! :p He's credited for the song, so I have high hopes for that one! Also, I agree with others; this feels like the build up to an album. I have a feeling all will be revealed soon guys, so hang in there! I mean, we first heard about this in November. Now here we are just a few weeks away. We got this! :cool:

• Like 2

I think this is a good possibility. Another thing to note is that they just filmed the video for SJLT, and Chris said that it will be out in a few weeks. I don't see the point in releasing a music video for a song that is 4 months old (which technically already has a video to go with it) unless it's to promote it on the EP (which we know it is going to be on). So I think we will definitely see it release within a few weeks time. And although I think it is not likely, it would be great to have a different version of the song on the EP. More like the live version, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Also, more songs would be great because we have already heard more than half if you include AICTAIY (although I don't think there will be anymore added). I want a Kaleidoscope II or an extended version like at the live shows. After all this is the "KALEIDOSCOPE" EP lol. For some reason I am picturing A.L.I.E.N.S. to be like a 7 minute song with a long intro, with spacey vibes from Brian Eno. One can dream![emoji14]He's credited for the song, so I have high hopes for that one! Also, I agree with others; this feels like the build up to an album. I have a feeling all will be revealed soon guys, so hang in there! I mean, we first heard about this in November. Now here we are just a few weeks away. We got this! :cool:

I think Brian Eno doesn't do that. Remember what he said when he first start working with Coldplay. He said your song are very long. I want it too but i think it's impossible.

I think Brian Eno doesn't do that. Remember what he said when he first start working with Coldplay. He said your song are very long. I want it too but i think it's impossible.

Yeah, I don't think they would ever do a song that long again. And I hadn't heard that he had said that before. Kind of hypocritical when he has things like this

(although I know its ambient and a little different). I would just love for them to have at least one really long song where they jam out, but unfortunately you are right. I don't see that ever happening.

Yeah, I don't think they would ever do a song that long again. And I hadn't heard that he had said that before. Kind of hypocritical when he has things like this

(although I know its ambient and a little different). I would just love for them to have at least one really long song where they jam out, but unfortunately you are right. I don't see that ever happening.

I remember he said "your songs are long you always try the same tricks" or something like that i'm not sure. Also that 21 minute song :O. What type of long song is that wow :D If Coldplay do a song like that i'm sure they forget lyrics, ballads, riffs etc. when they play it live :D

• Like 1

I remember he said "your songs are long you always try the same tricks" or something like that i'm not sure. Also that 21 minute song :O. What type of long song is that wow :D If Coldplay do a song like that i'm sure they forget lyrics, ballads, riffs etc. when they play it live :D

Haha yeah, it's ambient music, so it's a bit different but still. Something like that would be too long to play live lol.

• Like 1

Just my two cents.

That does make a lot of sense. And I too like the build up period towards a new single, EP or album. It's much better than knowing they've just released some material and won't be doing so for another couple of years.

^^Agreed. That does make sense. Still confusing though. These are technically B-sides? Yet the excitement around them feels more like this is a new album or project. With GS Target Deluxe edition, there was like no lead up or excitement around those extra tracks, but now Coldplay seems to be really excited about writing new music. Still, I am confused because EP's never are all that profitable anyways, unless there are a BUNCH of new tracks. I don't know anybody with 10 bucks on itunes who decides to buy an EP with 5 tracks instead of an album with 12 tracks (not including us, of course). So if they are pushing it back for commercial reasons they must have faith it will make $$$$.

I love the wait too, but man, I've been speculating longer about this EP than AHFOD it feels like! Which could lead to disappointment if the 2 unheard tracks are crappy.

I agree that announcing the EP artwork along with the App or even a teaser of the tracks would be a good move on their part to stir some excitement up in the music media.

And by the way. I had a dream last night that I woke up and saw this on Facebook. Went something just like this:

"EP OUT NEXT WEEK: We're sorry for the delay. We had so much fun making Kaleidoscope EP that we wanted to add some more tracks that we've been mastering for a long time! We hope you enjoy"

3. Miracles 2

5. Car Kids

6. Spanish Rain

7. Famous Old Painters

8. Hypnotised

EDIT: Sorry for the Fan Fiction Splurge.

Oh man! I so want this to be true. But more likely, I've got two words. HIDDEN TRACKS!

This makes sence, however, as we know Coldplay, they usually don't make any sense in what they do. E.g. not playing Fun while Tove Lo is opening for you, playing In My Place and Don't Panic as 'request songs', doing these big shows with all the light effects while the sun is still up until ten! Therefore I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for extra EP songs. (I would really love it though and I think we deserve it as wel hehe)

Just my two cents.

• Like 2