✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

That's a good point about the album artwork and pre-order. Even for an EP, we should know both of those way before the actual release date.

Crackpot Theory: Chris wrote a bunch more songs, so now they're rush-recording to turn the EP into a fully-fledged album :joy:

I wish that was true but I doubt it... :D

i would love that, but you're right - if it was true, we would know about it because Chris probably would have told someone randomly in a conversation :joy:

• Like 3

It will remain an EP but they could add 1 or 2 more songs. I remember an interview during their Japan stop last april where Chris said that Tokyo inspired him cuz he's written a brand new song that very day...

• Like 7

We'll get an announcement from them, even if its just a social media post with artwork.

This is why they changed the date, imo.

Out this Friday: Arcade Fire single, Radiohead single (possible b-side announcement), new Alt-j album, Dua Lipa's album, a U2 Joshua Tree Deluxe Reissue.....

Compare that to June 30th, where the biggest releases are Calvin Harris and TLC, and the commercial reasoning is pretty obvious.

Let's just hope they decide to add more to it since they are making us wait longer :)

• Like 4

We'll get an announcement from them, even if its just a social media post with artwork.

This is why they changed the date, imo.

Out this Friday: Arcade Fire single, Radiohead single (possible b-side announcement), new Alt-j album, Dua Lipa's album, a U2 Joshua Tree Deluxe Reissue.....

Compare that to June 30th, where the biggest releases are Calvin Harris and TLC, and the commercial reasoning is pretty obvious.

Let's just hope they decide to add more to it since they are making us wait longer :)

I guess they learned a lesson from releasing AHFOD too close to the release of Adele's 25.

Honestly, I feel like it could be a suprise release like Something Just Like This. If this is their plan, then they wanted people to become skeptical of when it will actually be released. Therefore, it'll be more like a suprise.

Still though, if its going to be released on June 30th or even August 8th like the Amazon preorder suggested, 2 of the songs are going to be 5-6 months old. They will be stale. If they go through with delaying the release, unless they add songs, it would be a poor marketing plan. But I guess that's nothing unexpected from the band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite thing we've ever done? Wow, that's a bold statement indeed. Could just be saying that to try to cover the fact it's delayed hahaha. Chris says that about every new album.

Has Phil ever said what his favorite bit of Coldplay music was before this? I guess I have never considered his taste.

Taking longer than they thought really doesn't mean anything. They could be adding tracks (please please I hope so!) or they could be just having a tough time recording Miracles II....

Or ALIENS is actually a 15-minute ambient space epic.

• Like 2