✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Los Unidades

jainharshul96

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine all the creative process behind all this.

Chris comes in.

Chris: "Hey guys! I've got the most amazing idea! What if we create another band?"

Will: "Are you crazy?"

Guy: "What've you been smoking man?"

Chris: "No, no! Listen man, it's the best idea ever! It's gonna be called Los Unidades."

Jonny: "I've tolerated ur shit for 20 years Chris. This time I'm really gonna punch you in the face."

*Jonny punches Chris*

Chris: "No man, u got it all wrong. Coldplay still exists, but we create a Mariachi band. You guys up to?"

*Coldplay leaves the room*

Chris: *plays Fix You*

rGth3DU.png

Jonny should've really punched Chris.

• Like 1

Dang it....... Damn it!!!..... Was really hyping this up in my head full of dreams that Los Unidades would be the trippy side of Coldplay they've never shared. All those songs with odd time signatures, weird beats, minute long guitar riffs and such... Kinda sad to have build this all up for more pop centered music :S

• Like 3

From the band website... well, I mean the Coldplay one

Good evening. It’s just been announced that Chris has curated ‘Global Citizen EP 1’, an EP of 4 brand new tracks, which will be released on November 30 through Parlophone Records (and Atlantic Records in the US).

The EP features artists including Pharrell Williams, Stormzy, David Guetta, Stargate, Cassper Nyovest, Jozzy, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Los Unidades and more.

Proceeds of the EP will support Global Citizen’s campaigns and advocacy efforts to end extreme poverty as well as its work in areas such as gender equality, education, water and sanitation. The project has been spearheaded by Chris, who also curates Global Citizen’s annual live music festivals.

The EP’s lead track ‘E-Lo’ is available today across all digital platforms and as an immediate download when you pre-order the EP. The song features Los Unidades, Pharrell Williams and Jozzy and is accompanied by a Nelson Mandela inspired lyric video – to mark what would have been the South African leader’s centenary year.

• Like 5

"Coldplay have surprise-released a new song under the name Los Unidades. “E-Lo,” featuring Pharrell and Jozzy, leads Global Citizen EP 1, a new four-track release also featuring Stormzy, David Guetta, Stargate, Cassper Nyovest, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, and more. Listen to “E-Lo” below. The EP ties in with the “Mandela 100” Global Citizen festival next month, headlined by a joint Chris Martin and Pharrell set, alongside performances from Beyoncé, JAY-Z, and more.

While Los Unidades’ identity has not yet been confirmed, the band members registered the name as a trademark, as fan account ColdplayXtra points out. In addition, the “E-Lo” writers include Coldplay’s Chris Martin, Will Champion, Jonny Buckland, and Guy Berryman, according to the song credits on TIDAL.

Coldplay manager Dave Holmes, who co-curated the festival with Martin, said in a press release, “It was a real honour to help further the Global Citizen movement by putting together this release alongside Chris and Parlophone. We’ve ended up with so many incredible performers, and we’re all extremely proud of the finished EP. May it be the first of many.”

Coldplay’s Kaleidoscope EP came out this year, following 2015’s A Head Full of Dreams."

https://pitchfork.com/news/coldplay-release-new-song-as-los-unidades-featuring-pharrell-listen/