✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Los Unidades

jainharshul96

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE NO.

Also, I can't think of a festival (except a few small ones in Belgium) where this kind of music would fit in.

And let's not forget that this envolves a lot of collaborations so it probably wouldn't work outside of Global Citizen.

I'm starting to think that this really isn't as big of a deal as Parlophone made it seem. At least when it comes to Coldplay's future.

Whether they're Coldplay or this Los Unidades i thought the guys had a policy of not releasing anything unless all 5 of them.had voted for it unanimously? For Christ's sake this gets through and not "The Race", "Left, right, left, right, left" , "Car Kids"etc. Guy and Will ok to throw a spanner in the works of some of these songs and not "e i e i o (Old MacDonald had a farm)"

• Like 1

Blimey, being away from this forum for a while I forgot how much people jump the gun here. Let's wait and see what the music sounds like on Friday yeah? It's for charity so it's awfully entitles for some of us here to be crying about how Los Unidades shouldn't have happened. I bet not everyone liked Lhuna when that came out but it was for a good cause.

I really do think Los Unidades is just a pseudonym for the release of this stuff, to still have an association but to not be too tied down to the Coldplay Brand

• Like 6

Then perhaps they shouldn't muck about with anagrams spelling out Coldplay 2018 and hinting at unreleased music in their name "unsold ideas" and Parlaphone weighing in about signing a new group. Just keep the 2 things completely separate!

yes but they probably also want to sell a few copies

• Like 1

My guess is that this the EP is one of two or more charity fund raising EPs for Global Citizen. I haven't seen anyone pick up on it yet but Voodoo is an unreleased track from A Head Full Of Dreams so I suspect the idea of these EP songs being unreleased isn't incorrect after all.

I'm guessing that that the EPs could be a mix of old and new, with the next EP potentially containing Life Is Beautiful and Car Kids if we're lucky. The first EP has somewhat of an African vibe with the Mandela references, the next one could be more Spanish potentially with the 'band name' and if it features Life Is Beautiful.

• Like 3

Th

Then perhaps they shouldn't muck about with anagrams spelling out Coldplay 2018 and hinting at unreleased music in their name "unsold ideas" and Parlaphone weighing in about signing a new group. Just keep the 2 things completely separate!

That's all Parlophone's fault. I think if this was just announced without any hype, people wouldn't be as upset. But we hyped ourselves up with the hopes of hearing new and possibly old unreleased material.

• Like 1

Blimey, being away from this forum for a while I forgot how much people jump the gun here. Let's wait and see what the music sounds like on Friday yeah? It's for charity so it's awfully entitles for some of us here to be crying about how Los Unidades shouldn't have happened. I bet not everyone liked Lhuna when that came out but it was for a good cause.

Well we've heard 25% of the E.P. already. And given the featured artists on the other 3 songs, I'd expect more of the same.

Having said that, I think the song is ok, but it wasn't intended to be a Coldplay release but rather a Chris Martin collab release. I think we should judge this output separate from Coldplay.

If Coldplay release music like this, then all hell breaks loose, imo.

• Like 2

I'm so confused!!!

It kinda looks like a SJLT song to me and maybe the other new songs too. Chris collaborating with other artists and involving a bit the rest of the band in this songs. I don't think they will stick with that name though and I don't think they will stop making conventional LPs and EPs. As for the song, I'm not sure if I like it, it's getting too repetitive and simplistic, but I can't think of it as a Coldplay song!

• Like 1

I just listened to this song and I think it would fit perfectly playing in the background of some beach bar :D

That's ... all I can think of.

Yeah. Was just about to say that I think that for what the song is, it's pretty good. I've had it on repeat for the past few hours while I'm programming my coursework.

It's a really chill and fun song to have in the background when you wanna focus IMO.

• Like 3