✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Los Unidades

jainharshul96

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris said he would never go solo- so my guess is Los Unidades is some sort of compromise where the songs are fully up to Chris, but Will, Guy and Jonny have a far diminished role, but still play some part.

Coldplay- still Coldplay with full band approval and participation.

Los Unidades- Chris releasing his pop dreams with the attempt to not associate with the Coldplay brand.

• Like 8

So Los Unidades could just be the band they use to release Chris' dream music while remaining true to Coldplay music under that name.

THIS. Now Chris can release all the shitty music with all the artists he wants. And Coldplay can focus on producing true Coldplay songs.

• Like 1

I don't want to be entitled and all but this feels a bit wrong to me. I can't fully explain it but as I said it sort of feels like a bait and switch. And even then they leave a lot of information out of the picture. What's the point of Los Unidades, why trademark Car Kids, why are they selling it as a new band? I feel like they could have known exactly how hyped people were going to be, and in general it seems like many fans are disappointed right now. Have to admit I got a bit too hyped up.

• Like 4

Very strange indeed.. Unnecessary in a way...

Seems very strange the whole new band name still, if this was just Chris and other artists for charity (as it appears to be) why would they go about putting it under a new band name under all of their names and refer to the new "band" in the post?

Chris said he would never go solo- so my guess is Los Unidades is some sort of compromise where the songs are fully up to Chris, but Will, Guy and Jonny have a far diminished role, but still play some part.

Coldplay- still Coldplay with full band approval and participation.

Los Unidades- Chris releasing his pop dreams with the attempt to not associate with the Coldplay brand.

This seems like the likely explanation to me. Gives Chris the creative freedom without a load of headlines about him "going solo" to do some different work with other artists and allows for the boys to drop in on a song if they want too without it having to be a "new Coldplay song"

I had got my hopes up for the B-Sides album though :weary_face:

• Like 3

I don't want to be entitled and all but this feels a bit wrong to me. I can't fully explain it but as I said it sort of feels like a bait and switch. And even then they leave a lot of information out of the picture. What's the point of Los Unidades, why trademark Car Kids, why are they selling it as a new band? I feel like they could have known exactly how hyped people were going to be, and in general it seems like many fans are disappointed right now. Have to admit I got a bit too hyped up.

This. But I actually believe this was more Parlophone's doing than our boys. The guys clearly wanted to disassociate the Coldplay name from this song so that they can separate the two genres but probably Parlophone went like "Huh? How are we gonna sell copies then?", hence the hype (and the unsubtle subtle anagram of COLDPLAY2018 was just too much. :P )

• Like 1