✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live at the Natural History Museum London 25 Nov 2019

Captain Crieff

Oh yeah, like that, definitely (although they said bring the credit card, not ID so I assume they'll just check credit cards) but I mean they aren't going to check via ID if you live in the UK. that'd be crazy lol

No but I think the ticketing link will only be available to UK based IP addresses as with the registration form, or to UK billing addresses only, otherwise they wouldn't have made such a big deal about UK only fans. Anyway, hopefully we'll know when they send the details out on Friday.

• Like 1

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t think they’re going to check if you’re from the UK or not because radio stations that aren’t from the UK are giving out free tickets and a trip to London. It’s not like they’re going to check where the contest winners are from and deny them entry into the concert.

At Sentebale we had special winners tickets that we had to collect from the entry point. They had my name on a winners list. It could happen. Seems amazingly crazy to me to book flights and hotels for a gig that you don't even definitely know that you can get tickets for or get into, that's supposedly for fans in a country you don't live in.

At Sentebale we had special winners tickets that we had to collect from the entry point. They had my name on a winners list. It could happen. Seems amazingly crazy to me to book flights and hotels for a gig that you don't even definitely know that you can get tickets for or get into, that's supposedly for fans in a country you don't live in.

I wouldn't do this for the AHFOD tour, but I love the songs on this album and this era will only see very few opportunities to see them live (and by the time of the next era and tour most of these songs won't be played live again). I guess they might do one show for the entirety of Europe some day but no one knows when or if that's gonna happen. So I since London is reachable for me (if not easily), I'll try to get it.

And yes, a huge fan obviously :)

• Like 1

Ah good, I'm not the only one going crazy and thinking about flying to London, even though I don't have tickets. All my principles about not wanting to fly because of the environment suddenly seem less important. I kind of hate myself for that.

But actually, now I'm reading all this, it makes me hesitate to do this.

I agree that the fact that we know the band won't tour this album extensively just makes you want to bé there! And try everything to make it work. But at the same time, I think @rachpid has a point. They want this to be a UK only show, so why should we bend the rules?

(Answer: we want it SO BADLY, I know).

I'm trying the radio contests as well, but it's really frustrating. I tried to call when I heard Coldplay on the radio earlier, but the phonenumber doesn't even work. Supposedly because "too many people are calling at the same time", but now, an hour later, I still can't reach the studio. :(

Just booked hotel and flights from Cologne without having a ticket. :laughing:

The next coldplay(ing) adventure of a lifetime...

Wow, how many people are booking their trips without tickets?

I'm eagerly waiting, can't afford a return trip to London without seeing Coldplay imho. I have participated in the contest of Studio Brussel (Belgium). I really want to go, but my luck with tickets and giveaways are always soooooo low haha.

Will there be some sort of "We don't have tickets but are in London now"-meetup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently they require a Jordan ID to see the show in Jordan. Hopefully its not the same with the UK :sob:

[MEDIA=twitter]1196905078227185667[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/Coldplayevery/status/1196905078227185667?s=20

I saw that and came here to post the same thing. I'm so scared now ! On the other hand, four different countries run contests via their local radio stations so I hope it's not gonna be as strict.

Also, I dunno if you heard, but the Jordanian ticket sale was an utter disaster and no one was able to get any tickets.

I'm fucking scared right now, help me

• Like 1

Wow, that’s really strange that they would require a national ID? I lived in London for three years and didn’t get an ID during that time and know friends who’ve lived there longer and still don’t have one. If proof of residence is needed then an ID isn’t really the best ways to prove that.

• Like 1

For those who entered the competition on the Belgian radio Studio Brussel, they changed the text on their website since it first appeared. They will call you tomorrow between 6 am and 9 am and then you will need to be in Brussels at the studio for the competition at 9am on Friday. So don't turn off your phone tomorrow.

I know the odds are small, but if two coldplaying members are chosen, can't we just rig the competition and both go? :innocent:

• Like 1

For those who entered the competition on the Belgian radio Studio Brussel, they changed the text on their website since it first appeared. They will call you tomorrow between 6 am and 9 am and then you will need to be in Brussels at the studio for the competition at 9am on Friday. So don't turn off your phone tomorrow.

I know the odds are small, but if two coldplaying members are chosen, can't we just rig the competition and both go? :innocent:

That's what I was thinking aswell hahaha

Damn so that means waking up at 6am tomorrow.

• Like 1

Right! And at the very least maybe a few of us can meet up for a drink or a walk. New friends are always good ;)

Or why not write to Guy directly on his instagram account, tell him what you intend to do and ask the band for at least a 'greet and meet' after the show outside. That's of course not as good as the concert, but at least the trip will not be completely in vain.

I would love to fly to London but I have no time for that on a Monday. Soo sad!

• Like 2

Got a call from Studio Brussel (radio station in Belgium) yesterday. They were holding a contest to win a trip to London on monday, and go see the concert. You just had to tell them why you were the perfect person to go haha.

In the call they were telling me they were touched by my story and were interested in inviting me to play a "final" against someone else this friday. They went over a couple of questions like "Can you come to the studio on friday?" and "Are you available to go to the concert?". (This was all off the air btw)

At the end of the conversation, the woman said "We're maybe going to call you tomorrow morning, live on the radio to invite you to play the final against someone else. But it may be possible that you won't get a call".

It's now thursday morning and two other people were called. I'm confused and kinda bummed why they called me yesterday to give me a sparkle of hope. If you're reading this and you were called, congratulations! Now I'm going to listen to Daddy and cry all day x)

Love

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

Got a call from Studio Brussel (radio station in Belgium) yesterday. They were holding a contest to win a trip to London on monday, and go see the concert. You just had to tell them why you were the perfect person to go haha.

In the call they were telling me they were touched by my story and were interested in inviting me to play a "final" against someone else this friday. They went over a couple of questions like "Can you come to the studio on friday?" and "Are you available to go to the concert?". (This was all off the air btw)

At the end of the conversation, the woman said "We're maybe going to call you tomorrow morning, live on the radio to invite you to play the final against someone else. But it may be possible that you won't get a call".

It's now thursday morning and two other people were called. I'm confused and kinda bummed why they called me yesterday to give me a sparkle of hope. If you're reading this and you were called, congratulations! Now I'm going to listen to Daddy and cry all day x)

Love

:broken_heart:

... and instead, they called someone who is trying to win to surprise his dad...

• Like 2

Love

That's not very nice of them! Then again, Studio Brussel is run by a bunch of no clue idiots these days.

In the past during the AROBTTH -> VLV era, I've organized a few of these competitions myself for small scale Coldplay gigs for Belgian and Dutch fans. We also always asked to submit a motivation. Fortunately, we were always allocated 20-40 tickets, so way more than the two tickets they're giving away. That did make it easier. Anyway, if you'd get a thousand submissions, they always followed the same pattern:

- 20 to 30 answers from people you could immediately see are real die hard fans. They put the effort in, write a personal story that's longer than one sentence. These immediately stand out. One or two could make you cry.

- About 200 answers that are entirely made up of Coldplay song titles. E.g. "I looked at the sky full of stars and they were all yellow. If I don't go to this concert, all my teardrops will be waterfalls..."

- All the rest are either variations on "I am the biggest fan" or "I want to surprise X because he/she is the biggest fan".

• Like 1