✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music πŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

5 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm not willing to get too negative yet. Based on what I've heard from the updated Good Feelings snippet, it sounds like a very fun summer pop single with good production value and a very catchy hook. Like a way more classy and rich sounding single compared to what we got on My Universe and Higher Power.Β 

That said, the Camilla Cabello rumor seems to be pretty much confirmed on social media and she's about to drop a new album so it would make sense for a song with her to get released pretty soon for marketing reasons. I'll join the chorus that I think Camilla is a very mid if not low-level pop star. I usually prefer when she actually sings in spanish, so maybe that could happen. The snippet of Jupiter, which could get changed drastically, also had a real cringe empowerment pop vibe to it that isn't my cup of tea but just my opinion.

I'm all here for LGTBQIA+ support in music and I'm glad Coldplay does that globally, but I also think effective art needs to communicate powerful messages and take a firm stand and be clear. Just saying "you love who you love." feels like the message you'd expect in like 2010. I'm also skeptical because POTP is pretty vague. These days trans folks especially need love and defense, so it'd be cool if the song addressed that.Β 

Watered down support is a problem industry-wide. There are some artists that are very vocal about their LGBTQ+ support (Imagine Dragons for example), but Coldplay has been kinda tepid in comparison. I do appreciate their efforts (and I of course appreciate getting a pride flag during POTP at one of the concerts) but I do hope that they put in more thoughtful lyrics/messages if they want to go that route.Β 

Edited by PersonofthePride
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, m4racide said:

We know. If they did they wouldn't have worked with Marshmello or The Chainsmokers on the basis of their songs being criminally terrible.

Crazy that the Marshmello collab (UFO II) turned out actually really good. I like it way better than their released one with The ChainsmokersΒ 

39 minutes ago, PersonofthePride said:

Watered down support is a problem industry-wide. There are some artists that are very vocal about their LGBTQ+ support (Imagine Dragons for example), but Coldplay has been kinda tepid in comparison. I do appreciate their efforts (and I of course appreciate getting a pride flag during POTP at one of the concerts) but I do hope that they put in more thoughtful lyrics/messages if they want to go that route.Β 

I think it's because Coldplay want to please every inch of their fanbaseΒ 

4 hours ago, Benjod25 said:

I think it's because Coldplay want to please every inch of their fanbaseΒ 

From the way Chris has talked in the past few years on interviews I wouldn't say they are necessarily trying to please their fan base, just wanting to spread love and freedom instead of finger-pointing. It makes them sound like hippies? Sure! But while we experience the togetherness and joyfulness of their concerts only 2-6 times per tour, the band have felt it 132 times in MOTS era alone, I would probably be a peaceful hippie in their place too.

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Xylobryte7 said:

Their teases are worse than radio silence sometimes lol

I don't think the tweets posted by Phil are really teasers to be honest. This type of overthinking reminds me of Taylor Swift fans.

Β 

Edited by gustavothehuman

4 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

From the way Chris has talked in the past few years on interviews I wouldn't say they are necessarily trying to please their fan base, just wanting to spread love and freedom instead of finger-pointing. It makes them sound like hippies? Sure! But while we experience the togetherness and joyfulness of their concerts only 2-6 times per tour, the band have felt it 132 times in MOTS era alone, I would probably be a peaceful hippie in their place too.

Β 

A good example, in my opinion, is the supposed influence in the POTP lyrics by the Black Lives Matter and LGBT movements, which could not be more harmless (the lyrics I mean). ItΒ΄s great to talk/sing through metaphores, but this is not the case, because almost all the lyrics were written 14 years ago.

3 minutes ago, edupoint said:

A good example, in my opinion, is the supposed influence in the POTP lyrics by the Black Lives Matter and LGBT movements, which could not be more harmless (the lyrics I mean). ItΒ΄s great to talk/sing through metaphores, but this is not the case, because almost all the lyrics were written 14 years ago.

Trouble in Town and Arabesque are both better statements on racism if ya ask me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jonan said:

https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1776039117559881959

Normal person: Evolution
Me: All I Can Think About Is You (Official Lyric Video)
Plot twist: It's the actual tracklist 😭

I think in this cryptic message the word evolution is definitely included in the meaning, but it's not the whole meaning. It is unclear if it's trying to give hope that new music has gone through a lot of work and progress and is lunching soon. Or it's describing the new album, which is an evolution and change from previous records, has a lot diversity and innovativeness in it and discoveres new territories, but still sticks to their roots in someways.

But yeah, could as well be a new song title Evolution as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SwirlingChaos said:

Moon Music Official Tracklist
Β 

1. Just Genes
2. Look Out It's COVID!
3. Guppy
4. Lizard Skizard
5. Everybody Don't Do The Dinosaur
6. Monke Business
7. Aight Imma Head Out

Lizard Skizard sounds like a bangerΒ 

• Haha 1

Just so I know which of the Music of the Spheres leaks I can listen to: do we have an idea which songs will be on Moon Music and which songs are likely to remain demos?