✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

To repeat what I said on the lyrics thread, I've made a new thread for general discussion about the leaks whilst we wait for the original thread to be reopened,a assuming it actually happens.

• Like 1

So this is old news and I know I'm beating a dead horse here but as more time goes on the more insane the whole "three albums then retiring in 2025" thing feels. 

Like a Coldplay album takes 3 years to produce at the best of times, and Chris thought he could produce three in quick succession whilst pulling off a huge world stadium tour at the same time?

What makes it more insane is the fact that the second upcoming album is planned to be the soundtrack to a film. Those things are expensive and take time to produce, let alone distribute to cinemas or streaming services or what have you. So I'm expecting we'll be waiting quite a while for that. 

Which means by the time the self titled album comes out it'll be close to 2030, which is plenty of time for Chris and the boys to reconsider the whole retirement thing. Don't forget AHFOD was going to be the last Coldplay album, until it wasn't. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Benjod25 said:

Well Brian Eno is apparently back so 

The real question is how many songs is he going to feature on? That could make or break the record. 

I'll be disappointed if he only shows up for One World and fucks off. 

Also, it's kind of funny that the best I'm hoping for right now is an inconsistent, incohesive mess of an album. 

2 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I'll be disappointed if he only shows up for One World and fucks off. 

That's my fear and I guess it's gonna be like this 

Btw, how do you know he's working in One World? Or is it an assumption? 

3 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Just an assumption. It's the most Eno-ish song that's come out so far

I agree. My guess is he´ll be giving a little input here and there, but not more than 3-4 songs.

6 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

So this is old news and I know I'm beating a dead horse here but as more time goes on the more insane the whole "three albums then retiring in 2025" thing feels. 

How many albums were gonna be their last one? Don´t believe what Chris says, even if he really means it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edupoint said:

How many albums were gonna be their last one? Don´t believe what Chris says, even if he really means it.

He didn't say they will retire he just said they will stop making albums and a catalogue of 12 albums is very reasonable number. They are in their mid 40s now by the time the self titled album comes out they will be in their 50s it makes perfect sense imo

12 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

The big question is whether it will be 9 songs or 9 songs + emojis. I have to imagine they'll continue doing the emoji tracks. 

Throwing out a wild guess for funsies

Hide contents

1. 🌙 - "Moon Music" 60 second intro, distinct sounding from MOTS, more deep and raw. 

2. Man in the Moon - 6 minute rock opus with some jammy sections feat. Nile Rogers. 

3. Jupiter feat Camilla Cabelo - 4:30 pop song, some funky parts featuing Nile Rogers but overall a cheesy pop song. 

4. Good Feelings - 4 minute pop song, Nile Rogers, extended intro with radio edit single. 

5. Angel Song - 3:30 slow piano ballad with Will on vocals. 

6. 🌑 - "Eclipse" - 60 second extenions of Angel Song that gets off key as it goes

7. ??? - 5 minute "dark" song on the album, heavier guitars, more serious lyrics.

8. ??? - 4 minute folks/acoustic song with Chris on guitar singing about how we only got one planet. 

9. ??? - 5 minute euphoric disco/pop song with Nile Rogers about humanity being cool. 

10.  🌕 "Full Moon" or "Moonlight" - 1:30 second ambient transition with uplifting synths and guitars. 

11. One World - 6 minute epic string outro

If One World is the closer, I have to imagine the theme of the album will be around how we only have one planet and the moon reminds us of how small we really are and the feelings we associate with it: Love, longing, beauty, sometimes fear during an eclipse. But ya know, I'm sure I'm giving the band too much credit here. In reality, it'll probably be a mish mash of random genres and songs. I'd like to think they'd stick with a disco, rock and nu-wave sound here to keep things instrumentally connected. The fact Nile Rogers is apparently helping on multiple songs makes me encouraged that guitars are a big part so I hope it's a more serious and mature album that also knows how to jam and have fun on the singles without feeling too ridiculous. Like Everyday Life but more focused and light. 

I can get behind this 😃

Well, if the acceptable standard is going to be the Rolling Stones, they might as well retire. 

2 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

I don't believe the whole 12 albums thing to be honest. I think they might just take a long ass break like the Rolling Stones did between A Bigger Bang (2005) and Hackney Diamonds (2023).

17 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Like a Coldplay album takes 3 years to produce at the best of times, and Chris thought he could produce three in quick succession whilst pulling off a huge world stadium tour at the same time?

What makes it more insane is the fact that the second upcoming album is planned to be the soundtrack to a film. Those things are expensive and take time to produce, let alone distribute to cinemas or streaming services or what have you. So I'm expecting we'll be waiting quite a while for that. 

Which means by the time the self titled album comes out it'll be close to 2030, which is plenty of time for Chris and the boys to reconsider the whole retirement thing. Don't forget AHFOD was going to be the last Coldplay album, until it wasn't. 

this is interesting. i think an underrated thing that people haven't considered is that the writers strike in america has definitely delayed the timeline, and my theory is that has bought time to dedicate more attention on moon music. i think chris said publicly somewhere that moon music was meant to be some short thing. 

the animated musical (which also btw i suspect is going to be distributed through illumination as phil shouted out an illumination pic recently and these things sometimes mean something) being delayed by 2 years because of the whole writers guild thing is my theory anyway. i do think the last album will come around before 2027 tbh, i remember phil saying in a coldplayxtra interview that chris has written most of the songs for the last album already, and that interview was back in 2021

• Like 1

Personally I don't think they'll be gone forever. I do believe that 202x will be the year they split up, although I'm beginning to doubt that year will be 2025, even though they are capable of making an album in less than a year as they did with A Head Full of Dreams. Maybe 2026, perhaps 27 at a push. However, give them ten years after that and they'll probably make a comeback album (whether it'll be like The Who's comeback album or more like New Order's is unknown to me, it could be crap made to cash in on their popularity or it could be good as the time off could give them an opportunity to come up with some new ideas. We're still waiting for Radiohead to release another album together, even though the individual members are still releasing their own music, such as The Smile's album. Of course I don't doubt that they'd release occasional singles or collaborate with others during their time off, but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

Personally I don't think they'll be gone forever. I do believe that 202x will be the year they split up, although I'm beginning to doubt that year will be 2025, even though they are capable of making an album in less than a year as they did with A Head Full of Dreams. Maybe 2026, perhaps 27 at a push. However, give them ten years after that and they'll probably make a comeback album (whether it'll be like The Who's comeback album or more like New Order's is unknown to me, it could be crap made to cash in on their popularity or it could be good as the time off could give them an opportunity to come up with some new ideas. We're still waiting for Radiohead to release another album together, even though the individual members are still releasing their own music, such as The Smile's album. Of course I don't doubt that they'd release occasional singles or collaborate with others during their time off, but we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think they will split and i don't think the other band members would launch a solo career they are too shy for that and Chris publicly said that he won't work solo they will stay as a band(hopefully) and will still make music but not long LPs maybe short EPs or Collaboration. They will keep touring together as well 

Edited by Galal
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Personally I don't think they'll be gone forever. I do believe that 202x will be the year they split up, although I'm beginning to doubt that year will be 2025, even though they are capable of making an album in less than a year as they did with A Head Full of Dreams.

It’s worth noting that part of the reason why AHFOD (and to an extent MOTS) were released so quickly is because neither GS or EL were supported by a world tour. 

7 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

It’s worth noting that part of the reason why AHFOD (and to an extent MOTS) were released so quickly is because neither GS or EL were supported by a world tour. 

MOTS was being written as far back as 2017, Everyday Life which was called The Wedding Album and The Wedding Band was a side project the band decided to get out first because the band wanted to be pioneers in being the first energy sustainable band live 

7 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Also Chris is full of shit at the best of times, and if Coldplay actually follows through with their retirement (and I’m dubious) he’ll definitely start putting out solo albums afterwards.

And yes they won't be making albums after LP12 it's not just Chris saying it 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Benjod25 said:

It's also other members which means there is weight to it

I understand, but after they stop for three years, we´ll see what´s going on in their heads.