✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

26 minutes ago, Tarkovsky2 said:

The new mix of Good feelings i believe is fake

I trust the sources that say it's real. Also, I really hope it doesn't leak. It will be out reportedly very soon and it would be great if most of us here would get this final mix as a surprise on release day.

Edited by Jonan

10 minutes ago, ColdBry said:

Good Feelings is not coming out very soon afaik, one guy said supposedly the album will came sooner than expected but I doubt it

So the first single will be Jupiter? Sorry, I mixed them up then. Apologies.

Chris said at one point the album would probably only consist of 9 songs, but that could change. I’m guessing if that’s the case then it’ll follow the MOTS formula of having lots of interludes (Moon Music title track probably being one)

Unknown songs (as mentioned by the band themselves)
Moon Music - most likely an interlude
Man in the Moon
Weekday
Miserere
Angels Song
2 Aliens - leftover from MOTS

Leaked/performed songs
Jupiter - likely first single. Snippet has leaked
Good Feelings - demo has leaked
UFO - demo has leaked
Robots - demo has leaked
The Only One - demo has leaked
One World - performed live

Unlikely to make the album (but still a distant possibility)
Aeterna - demo has leaked
A Wave - demo has leaked
The Astronaut (Coldplay version) - snippet has leaked

Obviously there are people here who know a lot more than I do who will probably correct me on a lot of this.

• Thanks 2

Leaked/performed songs
Jupiter - likely first single. Snippet has leaked; I hope the verses be different than the chorus style, I don ´t like it too much. 
Good Feelings - demo has leaked; too repetitive, catchy but not in the Coldplay style I love.
UFO - demo has leaked; the verses reminds me all the time to Fun... Not a great song, is it?
Robots - demo has leaked; it´s like the heavy guitar riffs don´t match the skeleton of the song...
The Only One - demo has leaked; it´s impossible they don´t see how similar it is to Birds...
One World - performed live; It looks like it´s gonna be a beautiful tune, although the verse´s lyrics better improve the last ones.

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Chris said at one point the album would probably only consist of 9 songs, but that could change. I’m guessing if that’s the case then it’ll follow the MOTS formula of having lots of interludes (Moon Music title track probably being one)

Unknown songs (as mentioned by the band themselves)
Moon Music - most likely an interlude
Man in the Moon
Weekday
Miserere
Angels Song
2 Aliens - leftover from MOTS

Leaked/performed songs
Jupiter - likely first single. Snippet has leaked
Good Feelings - demo has leaked
UFO - demo has leaked
Robots - demo has leaked
The Only One - demo has leaked
One World - performed live

Unlikely to make the album (but still a distant possibility)
Aeterna - demo has leaked
A Wave - demo has leaked

Obviously there are people here who know a lot more than I do who will probably correct me on a lot of this.

Hello My Friend I'm new to the community and I say that Good Feelings will be included because I've already seen a photo with Chris and in the background and the music there and Aeterna so it's not even mentioned.

43 minutes ago, Felipe Magnus 42 said:

Hello My Friend I'm new to the community and I say that Good Feelings will be included because I've already seen a photo with Chris and in the background and the music there and Aeterna so it's not even mentioned.

Well, plans can change, and they do change. Probably Good Feelings will be one of the MM tracks, but to see it on a list months ago doesn´t make it sure.

1 hour ago, edupoint said:

Well, plans can change, and they do change. Probably Good Feelings will be one of the MM tracks, but to see it on a list months ago doesn´t make it sure.

The problem is that it leaked recently so maybe they'll remake it

5 hours ago, edupoint said:

Leaked/performed songs
Jupiter - likely first single. Snippet has leaked; I hope the verses be different than the chorus style, I don ´t like it too much. 
Good Feelings - demo has leaked; too repetitive, catchy but not in the Coldplay style I love.
UFO - demo has leaked; the verses reminds me all the time to Fun... Not a great song, is it?
Robots - demo has leaked; it´s like the heavy guitar riffs don´t match the skeleton of the song...
The Only One - demo has leaked; it´s impossible they don´t see how similar it is to Birds...
One World - performed live; It looks like it´s gonna be a beautiful tune, although the verse´s lyrics better improve the last ones.

Well aren't you Mr Positive. Bloody hell 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Didn't they perform their version live at some point last year? I think it was on SNL maybe, but i might be confusing it with another song

I'm not willing to get too negative yet. Based on what I've heard from the updated Good Feelings snippet, it sounds like a very fun summer pop single with good production value and a very catchy hook. Like a way more classy and rich sounding single compared to what we got on My Universe and Higher Power. 

That said, the Camilla Cabello rumor seems to be pretty much confirmed on social media and she's about to drop a new album so it would make sense for a song with her to get released pretty soon for marketing reasons. I'll join the chorus that I think Camilla is a very mid if not low-level pop star. I usually prefer when she actually sings in spanish, so maybe that could happen. The snippet of Jupiter, which could get changed drastically, also had a real cringe empowerment pop vibe to it that isn't my cup of tea but just my opinion.

I'm all here for LGTBQIA+ support in music and I'm glad Coldplay does that globally, but I also think effective art needs to communicate powerful messages and take a firm stand and be clear. Just saying "you love who you love." feels like the message you'd expect in like 2010. I'm also skeptical because POTP is pretty vague. These days trans folks especially need love and defense, so it'd be cool if the song addressed that. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, driftaguy said:

Well aren't you Mr Positive. Bloody hell 

You´re right and I´m sorry, but i´ve said many times I didn´t like at all MOTS, except Coloratura and POTP. It´s not only the surrender to those easy poppy sounds and poor lyrics, also I don´t really find em inspired, actually. So yes, everything that continues to follow that direction won´t meet my preferences, and I don´t find nothing as good as Coloratura for now. But of course, just my opinion!

9 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

I don't think Jupiter is the lead if it has a feature on it. All their leads have been solo tracks.

Isn’t that girl racist? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm not willing to get too negative yet. Based on what I've heard from the updated Good Feelings snippet, it sounds like a very fun summer pop single with good production value and a very catchy hook. Like a way more classy and rich sounding single compared to what we got on My Universe and Higher Power. 

That said, the Camilla Cabello rumor seems to be pretty much confirmed on social media and she's about to drop a new album so it would make sense for a song with her to get released pretty soon for marketing reasons. I'll join the chorus that I think Camilla is a very mid if not low-level pop star. I usually prefer when she actually sings in spanish, so maybe that could happen. The snippet of Jupiter, which could get changed drastically, also had a real cringe empowerment pop vibe to it that isn't my cup of tea but just my opinion.

I'm all here for LGTBQIA+ support in music and I'm glad Coldplay does that globally, but I also think effective art needs to communicate powerful messages and take a firm stand and be clear. Just saying "you love who you love." feels like the message you'd expect in like 2010. I'm also skeptical because POTP is pretty vague. These days trans folks especially need love and defense, so it'd be cool if the song addressed that. 

The Camila Cabello rumours on social media started over the leaked snippet and one of her "insiders" used the fake tracklist published a few pages ago on this thread, take them with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Ant ICE said:

Isn’t that girl racist? 

I heard about some stuff taken from when she was like, 10-15 years old. I won't put my hand in the fire for her but I do think she changed. Either way, Coldplay probably don't make background checks.

Edited by gustavothehuman

18 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Either way, Coldplay probably don't make background checks.

We know. If they did they wouldn't have worked with Marshmello or The Chainsmokers on the basis of their songs being criminally terrible.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2