✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

19 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Personally I don't think they'll be gone forever. I do believe that 202x will be the year they split up, although I'm beginning to doubt that year will be 2025, even though they are capable of making an album in less than a year as they did with A Head Full of Dreams. Maybe 2026, perhaps 27 at a push. However, give them ten years after that and they'll probably make a comeback album (whether it'll be like The Who's comeback album or more like New Order's is unknown to me, it could be crap made to cash in on their popularity or it could be good as the time off could give them an opportunity to come up with some new ideas. We're still waiting for Radiohead to release another album together, even though the individual members are still releasing their own music, such as The Smile's album. Of course I don't doubt that they'd release occasional singles or collaborate with others during their time off, but we'll have to wait and see.

There is no such thing as "the year they will split up". Chris said with all the words that they will keep touring.

46 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

There is no such thing as "the year they will split up". Chris said with all the words that they will keep touring.

He also said that they will still make new music and make collaborations but not full albums 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 3:55 AM, Jonan said:

Two other songs I would like to hear on this album are:
https://twitter.com/coldplayspain/status/847432954091524096
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpn1bCygM4Q/

I've been obsessed with the first one for years now...

Oooh nice, don't think I've ever heard these! I was always obsessed with 'If She Comes Back' and 'A View From The Top' but ISCB is very Rush Of Blood and AVFTT is very X&Y and they've moved on a lot since, sound wise.

• Like 1

My guess with future albums is after Moon Music promotion era (thinking the rumoured September release is likely) they might extend the tour to the beginning of 2025. I'm mainly thinking this because they didn't really extensively tour the US with MOTS (think they've only played 13 shows in the US in total throughout the whole tour), so there might be a US leg added in early 2025. then maybe another film / documentary of the whole tour released at the end of 2025. I'd imagine the musical will be out closer to 2026 (might even be the second half) and as for the acoustic self titled album, late 2027 at the earliest but could easily be 2028.

Phil teased a second Asian leg after the band performed in Thailand and French media reported that they would do six shows at Stade de France if it wasn't for the Olympics. The tour will be going well into 2025 and I wouldn't be surprised if a few 2026 dates are scheduled.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

As for the United States, I think the 17 concerts were already too much and I hope Moon Music's TV and radio promo is more centered around Europe. But then again, being nice even towards people who hate them is part of the band's image.

39 minutes ago, BlueMonkey said:

they might extend the tour to the beginning of 2025. I'm mainly thinking this because they didn't really extensively tour the US with MOTS (think they've only played 13 shows in the US in total throughout the whole tour), so there might be a US leg added in early 2025. 

They can´t play stadiums in the middle of the winter... So if you´re right, it won´t be in the US.

Edited by edupoint
I forgot to finish the sentence

1 hour ago, BlueMonkey said:

My guess with future albums is after Moon Music promotion era (thinking the rumoured September release is likely) they might extend the tour to the beginning of 2025. I'm mainly thinking this because they didn't really extensively tour the US with MOTS (think they've only played 13 shows in the US in total throughout the whole tour), so there might be a US leg added in early 2025. then maybe another film / documentary of the whole tour released at the end of 2025. I'd imagine the musical will be out closer to 2026 (might even be the second half) and as for the acoustic self titled album, late 2027 at the earliest but could easily be 2028.

I was told 3 years ago that the MOTSWT would last until the end of 2025... so I'd definitely be shocked if they didn't follow that path, given how far they've gone already. 

The "acoustic final album" I think is still slated for 2025, but I'm not a source or anything, so take my words with a mountain of salt. They've finished most of the songs on it, or atleast finalized what they want to be on it. I quite honestly imagine that with MM/MOTSII that it's a setup for the musical, so they keep delaying it to make sure there's not a large gap between them.

21 minutes ago, m4racide said:

The "acoustic final album" I think is still slated for 2025, but I'm not a source or anything, so take my words with a mountain of salt. They've finished most of the songs on it, or atleast finalized what they want to be on it. I quite honestly imagine that with MM/MOTSII that it's a setup for the musical, so they keep delaying it to make sure there's not a large gap between them.

So we could be looking at a 

MM - SEP 2024 

Musical - March 2025

Final album - November 2025 

We still don't know what FFTF2024 is supposed to mean right? I remember a tweet from Phil that looked like confirmation that the 2024 timeline is still correct on that one, but can't find it again.

I also don't remember if FFTF2024 could be the musical or not, but in that case writers strike could have delayed it to FFTF2025.

Or it could just be nothing music related, but more in line of the Neon Moon 1 and 2 ocean cleanup devices.

2 hours ago, Hamster_Pants said:

I’m honestly shocked they didn’t say anything today with the eclipse here in the US. Not even a cryptic tweet.

Why would they? Coldplay are British as far as I can remember 😅

22 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Why would they? Coldplay are British as far as I can remember 😅

Apparently Phil didn't know there was an eclipse today lol

How much do you recon they're going to drag the rollout out for? 

They could go with the AHFOD/EL approach and release the album a month after its announcement. Or they could go with the MOTS1 approach and drag it out for 6 fucking months. I suspect it'll be the latter, but it all depends on what their strategy is with regards to promoting new material on tour. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

How much do you recon they're going to drag the rollout out for? 

They could go with the AHFOD/EL approach and release the album a month after its announcement. Or they could go with the MOTS1 approach and drag it out for 6 fucking months. I suspect it'll be the latter, but it all depends on what their strategy is with regards to promoting new material on tour. 

They'll never drop the album and just keep teasing us with emojis.

• Haha 2

So do we know what songs will be on Moon music? I'm assuming:

Good Feelings

Jupiter

The Only One (?)

Moon Music (no one has heard this? And its likely an interlude?)

Aeterna will hopefully still be a B-Side

A Wave?

Robots? (Or is this scrapped now?)

I'd love The Astronaut and The Race to make the album or at least B-Sides but I doubt it.