✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

I really like The Race. I was wishing band to release it when we first hear it in ahfod movie. Several versions leaked afterwards. Early version sounds great but it's just a demo. GS and Ahfod versions are good especially the "This heart is a volcano" parts but they don't sound quite right to me. Chorus doesn't feel decent( I mean "I won't fall" part). Newest version is the most closer one to be a proper release. But i feel like it lost the dark mood of The Race. If band released that one i would be happy. But it still has that demo vibe (probably because it's not mastered).

We first heard whatever it takes part and we were very impressed by the song. After hearing rest of the song i can understand why band didn't release it. Especially after hearing EL version of Wedding Bells. Wedding Bells was a great demo but EL version is an amazing song in every way. It sounds upgraded like 3 levels. I think The Race needs the same upgrade to be a masterpiece. Why i called masterpiece? Because song has that potential.

• Like 2

I'm lost with all The Races versions, I'm not sure I heard all of them. The last I heard had a different chorus (not the Kaleidoscope one) and I didn't like it that much. Last part "whatever it takes..." was great though. 

Wedding Bells was single material imo, together with FOP (2018 version) and Spanish Rain. It's hard to believe they just scrapped them without thinking of a proper release one day. Frankly I don't care that much of Moon Music right now, I'd prefer we got these songs released instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xyloband_99 said:

I really like The Race. I was wishing band to release it when we first hear it in ahfod movie. Several versions leaked afterwards. Early version sounds great but it's just a demo. GS and Ahfod versions are good especially the "This heart is a volcano" parts but they don't sound quite right to me. Chorus doesn't feel decent( I mean "I won't fall" part). Newest version is the most closer one to be a proper release. But i feel like it lost the dark mood of The Race. If band released that one i would be happy. But it still has that demo vibe (probably because it's not mastered).

We first heard whatever it takes part and we were very impressed by the song. After hearing rest of the song i can understand why band didn't release it. Especially after hearing EL version of Wedding Bells. Wedding Bells was a great demo but EL version is an amazing song in every way. It sounds upgraded like 3 levels. I think The Race needs the same upgrade to be a masterpiece. Why i called masterpiece? Because song has that potential.

The GS version that got released recently is good too probably the 2nd best version of that song imo. I think the band is struggling with the chorus they changed it with each version 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hopefully The Race gets released one day, with the "Whatever it takes" part. I don't like the versions that don't have it, I don't think the song is as good without it.

Edited by Jonan
  • Like 1

The Race has been such an obsession in the fan base that I worry nobody is gonna be completley satisfied with given the number of leaks over the years. 

Unpopularly, I don't really like the song leaks so far. It's a weird mix of genres, the lyrics are borderline nonsensical and while there's a lot of great individual musical ideas, I think each one would be better in a different song. My personal opinion is the parts of the song that have a disco-tinge "I'm on fire," the string section and the Mary Clayton feature could get updated into an cool new song. 

49 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

That would happen with or without the leaks to be honest. The most controversial opinion you can have in the Coldplay fandom is liking Coldplay.

There are people who complain about everything, sure.
But I try to look at it this way: if they're still around it's because they secretly like what they listen to... 😁

With the latest news from Their Art work Designer, saying that she's working on the art work of LP11, are we going to get the musical sooner than expected or is it going to be "Coldplay"?

17 minutes ago, Galal said:

With the latest news from Their Art work Designer, saying that she's working on the art work of LP11, are we going to get the musical sooner than expected or is it going to be "Coldplay"?

Woah what did she say?

I've been thinking that MM has been pushed back so much so that there isn't such a big gap for the musical, I still think we're at least 2 years away from that though.

Though hopefully LP11/the musical will be easier to gage when it's coming out, it's harder to hide a movies release date.

2 minutes ago, JPA24 said:

Woah what did she say?

I've been thinking that MM has been pushed back so much so that there isn't such a big gap for the musical, I still think we're at least 2 years away from that though.

Though hopefully LP11/the musical will be easier to gage when it's coming out, it's harder to hide a movies release date.

She's working on the next one already.. That could be the musical and it can be self titled album, i feel they might not release the movie with the album maybe they will release them separately.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Galal said:

She's working on the next one already.. That could be the musical and it can be self titled album, i feel they might not release the movie with the album maybe they will release them separately.

Maybe, I reckon the album would come out with the movie though, at least a short while after at worst.

I really hope they don't do "Coldplay" before it though, it would be a weird flow if they did.

Surely some leakers must know something about the movie, it can't be easy to keep a whole movie being made underwraps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JPA24 said:

Maybe, I reckon the album would come out with the movie though, at least a short while after at worst.

I really hope they don't do "Coldplay" before it though, it would be a weird flow if they did.

Surely some leakers must know something about the movie, it can't be easy to keep a whole movie being made underwraps.

Hopefully the delay of Moon Music bought them time to have a progress on the movie i think musically it's almost done most of these MOTS era were written during the pandemic.

It's possible the soundtrack for MOTS3 is done, they're just waiting on the actual film production to wrap up. At least, I hope so. Otherwise we'll be waiting a long time. 

On another note, I hope MM has some nice ambient pieces. Those were some of the highlights of MOTS. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ant ICE said:

Guy in interview said they Still finishing the album. Might not get anything this month or May now. 😞 

We’ll definitely still be getting a single this month or in May.

20 minutes ago, Xylobryte7 said:

We’ll definitely still be getting a single this month or in May.

My mistake! Guy said Bits and Pieces of it. So it should be on the way! 

10 minutes ago, Ant ICE said:

My mistake! Guy said Bits and Pieces of it. So it should be on the way! 

No worries! He’s definitely probably right the album won’t be out till September lol

I don't see why is it a problem that they didn't finish the album yet? They have 5 months before the release they just need the singles to be 100% done the rest can still be reworked..not drastically obviously.

• Like 1

Yes, so this definetely Is the case, single in may album in september, i was hoping for billie elish scenario.... To drop the album without singles in may

Edited by Tarkovsky2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xylobryte7 said:

No worries! He’s definitely probably right the album won’t be out till September lol

Thinking about September feels right. It feels like this is 99% the case right now. If it was in May? First Single would have mostly dropped in early March at least.