✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

1 hour ago, Galal said:

I don't see why is it a problem that they didn't finish the album yet? They have 5 months before the release they just need the singles to be 100% done the rest can still be reworked..not drastically obviously.

They didn't finish Vol 1 until June 2021 lol

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

On one hand it's frustrating because we've been waiting so long, on the other hand I'd rather a delay than a U2 Pop scenario. 

They really gotta stop announcing albums so far in advance. 

What's the U2 Pop scenario?

They agreed to book a big stadium tour and lock in a hard release date before the album was finished. They were working on it until the 11th hour (Bono was literally re-recording vocals at the mastering desk the night before the album was sent to pressing). In the end they released an album that no-one in U2 is happy with, because they consider it unfinished. But everything had already been booked, they couldn't delay the album any further. 

• Wow 2

2 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Even reading the Wikipedia page is a wild story - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_(U2_album)

As a huge U2 fan, I have to say that the situation would be very different. U2 played during that tour some great shows, but there were others with half attendance in some stadiums, or too many mistakes (particularly at the first shows). Coldplay is nowadays somewhere you got to be, and something cool to show your followers, and all the tour has sold out without effort, and any more legs they will add anywhere in the world will get the same result.

Not Shure about a promotional single, maybe a lead one, but now my expectations are very low, rumours indicated that a single will came out in late april/early may but we are almost at the half of month... So I don't know what to think.

I think I said this already but there is no reason to release anything before the Friday preceding Big Weekend. As for the "rumours", they are nothing but fans making delusional theories.

Edited by gustavothehuman

we made an interesting observation on the discord:

According to the Atlantic Music press release there were over 120,000 submissions for One World. Even though they plan on crediting everyone on the DIGITAL booklet; can you imagine the scenes if they decided to print the linear notes for the song??

If we averaged it to 15 characters thats over 1.5 million characters and about 600 pages at the minimum if you cram everything u possibly could. They should start planting more trees per ticket so they can release the album alongside a novel sized booklet of just names.

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

I think I said this already but there is no reason to release anything before the Friday preceding Big Weekend. As for the "rumours", they are nothing but fans making delusional theories.

It be nice though?

6 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

we made an interesting observation on the discord:

According to the Atlantic Music press release there were over 120,000 submissions for One World. Even though they plan on crediting everyone on the DIGITAL booklet; can you imagine the scenes if they decided to print the linear notes for the song??

If we averaged it to 15 characters thats over 1.5 million characters and about 600 pages at the minimum if you cram everything u possibly could. They should start planting more trees per ticket so they can release the album alongside a novel sized booklet of just names.

The CD version of Everyday Life was in a hardback book. If they just make the book a lot bigger they can do something similar...

41 minutes ago, Admirice said:

Seriously as far as I know, I've only known some songs that has Jon Hopkins. Songs like A Wave and Neon Forest.

What's Neon Forest? Has that one leaked?

6 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

What's Neon Forest? Has that one leaked?

It's listed in the credits in the Live at River Plate broadcast - the current assumption is that its the ambient intro for Yellow used on the MOTS tour. It would be a bit strange if it makes Moon Music though what would its context be?

Just now, GamingForeverAUS said:

It's listed in the credits in the Live at River Plate broadcast - the current assumption is that its the ambient intro for Yellow used on the MOTS tour. It would be a bit strange if it makes Moon Music though what would its context be?

Neon Forest is not the Ambient intro before Yellow. The intro only used a Bass Sound from NF. NEON FOREST would be a song in MM with Jon Hopkins's classic Ambient flavour. The intro is long and Chris would sing when the drums explode in the middle of the song.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Admirice said:

Neon Forest is not the Ambient intro before Yellow. The intro only used a Bass Sound from NF. NEON FOREST would be a song in MM with Jon Hopkins's classic Ambient flavour. The intro is long and Chris would sing when the drums explode in the middle of the song.

From what I know it should be a shoegaze song. Is it true?

11 minutes ago, mnemonic said:

From what I know it should be a shoegaze song. Is it true?

You might call it a shoegaze song. But Shoegaze is rather focusing on guitar creating soundwalls. We are talking about Jon Hopkins with his electronic Ambient soundwaves haha. You can listen to some of his latest works, a lot like the song.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

Do you know if there is any chance for Earthling to get released? @Admirice

It might get released but idk if they will keep the high pitched VOX. I mean it is a good song, would be a waste if they don't release it.

• Like 2