✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

11 hours ago, Kaleidoscope said:

I have the song saved in my drive when I got the file. But I don't think it's leaked man. It's within the labels.

Was Robots/The Rocket one of the songs? Or did that song get scrapped? 

3 minutes ago, SwirlingChaos said:

What is The Rocket?

My memory is fuzzy on this, but it was a working song title I think, I saw a post a long back ago about it on X from one of the Coldplay fan accounts (Spotify account, Coldplayxtra, Coldplay Charts) etc. I don’t remember at all though, it’s been so long.

3 hours ago, SwirlingChaos said:

Fun fact: Robots is inspired by Arabesque Act III

I haven't listened to the leak, do you mean the heavy guitars at the ending of Arabesque demo?

1 hour ago, Galal said:

I haven't listened to the leak, do you mean the heavy guitars at the ending of Arabesque demo?

The heavy guitars are really good and catchy on Robots but the song in itself lack Will's big drums to be the banger that Chris has described! So, I hope the leaked version is just a demo!

Edited by clark595
  • Thanks 1

I do remember The Rocket being talked about but not much more than that. And yes Robot leaked and is clearly very unfinished. Quite frankly, the version released as part of the leaks is just a bit crap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ant ICE said:

Where can I find this 3rd version? 😮 

It was part of the recent leaks so it's out there. Really not that different, just a 3 minute acoustic guitar jam session which is fun but not essential. 

I'm really really hopeful Robots is released one day. I actually think it has potential to be a top-tier Coldplay song if they finish the drum and bass parts and of course add more details, maybe a guitar solo to the mix. Dare I say the demo that came out really is actually "metal" in genre given the more intricate and interesting guitar riffs and tempo whereas POTP is more of a general rock song. 

Yeah that would be a dream collab. 

One thing that's very underrated about Coldplay is their bizarre tendency to collaborate with different artists from wildly different genres. I can't think of any other musical act that does it the extent they do, though Daft Punk certainly pushed collabs to a level of perfection on RAM. 

My favorite example is probably Kaleidiscope EP having a Big Sean feature transition into a Brian Eno feature transition into a Chainsmokers feature. Wack. Or maybe the fact that Princess of China samples Sigur Ros, is Brian Eno-produced and has Rihanna on vocals. 

I know Chris said they won't do another big collab after BTS but I think he's full of it. I wonder who Moon Music will end up featuring. 

3 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Yeah that would be a dream collab. 

One thing that's very underrated about Coldplay is their bizarre tendency to collaborate with different artists from wildly different genres. I can't think of any other musical act that does it the extent they do, though Daft Punk certainly pushed collabs to a level of perfection on RAM. 

My favorite example is probably Kaleidiscope EP having a Big Sean feature transition into a Brian Eno feature transition into a Chainsmokers feature. Wack. Or maybe the fact that Princess of China samples Sigur Ros, is Brian Eno-produced and has Rihanna on vocals. 

I know Chris said they won't do another big collab after BTS but I think he's full of it. I wonder who Moon Music will end up featuring. 

At this rate they'll revive David Bowie to force him to perform guest vocals on Lhuna.

• Like 1