✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Offical "The Killers" Thread

Kettercat

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Killers' next album will have a more guitar-heavy sound, according to drummer Ronnie Vannucci.

Speaking to NME, Vannucci – who makes music as Big Talk – hinted that The Killers' new sound would differ from 2008's Stuart Price-helmed 'Day & Age' album.

He said: "The next album is going to have more guitars. It’s about fucking time!"

Vannucci also confirmed that the band were set to hit the studio. "In October we’re going to start recording in Nashville," he said. "It’s up in the air who's going to produce it, I can’t officially say." He continued:

We have some people in mind, but I don’t want to piss people off and say who it is. All last month we’ve been writing some great Killers songs, it’s really happening. I’m really looking forward to doing this next record, it’s going to sound fucking great.

Vannucci, who is set to play some UK solo shows later this month as Big Talk, said that he was nervous about hitting the stage without his bandmates.

"I always get nerves, no matter what instruments I play, but it's necessary, it's vital," he said. "It makes your voice go high, it's nice."

He promised the shows would be value for money. "We're going have a good fucking time, it's going to be a ball." Vannucci added: "We're going to have lots of fun - we're going to a whisky distillery for a day!"

Asked about the success of Big Talk, Vannucci said: "Maybe [it's successful] because it's rock'n'roll. When you hear records by some of these guys it seems like they are more worried about their hair than the tunes and having a good time. It’s an honest record, it’s pure. It feels like I’m not trying to say anything big and it's the right time for a record like that."

These are really great news! :D

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/the-killers/59120

More guitars are good news in a time when bands are moving farther away from guitars and more toward synths. The Killers themselves seemed to be heading that direction with Day & Age, so if they really want to revisit their rockier roots, this is a positive step. I still liked Day & Age (not loved), but good news anyway, especially since I never took a liking to Brandon Flowers solo.

• 2 months later...

They just gave a different spin to an already existing country song (this is country right?)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAdpMszGjk]Cowboy's Christmas Ball -Micheal Martin Murphey - YouTube[/ame]

it's not that I'm saying it's a completely different genre

Dammit! Im trying to find some good Killers songs. I only have like 8 in my music library, but I dont want to read through this whole thread =/ Any suggestions?

My faves and the ones I have are "Sweet Talk", " Uncle Johnny", "Smile Like You Mean It", "Somebody Told Me", "Mr. Brightside", "All These Things Ive Done", "Human" and "Everything Will Be Alright"