✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Offical "The Killers" Thread

Kettercat

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it weird that my favorite songs by The Killers are the B-Sides to Hot Fuss?

-Ballad of Michael Valentine :dazzled:

-Glamorous Indie Rock n Roll :dazzled:

-Under the Gun :dazzled:

Also, OBVIOUSLY All These Things That I've Done :dazzled:

Hell that whole album is great!

Didn't like their third one though. Day and Age, was it? That one was disappointing :cry:

I once told my officemate to listen to Tranquilize because I like this song, too. After that, she played it repeatedly each day, everyday for weeks, in the office and on speakers. [it only stopped when she changed her song of the day/week/month to The Scientist] :sick::sick: So yeah, i guess that song is something, too.

Is it weird that my favorite songs by The Killers are the B-Sides to Hot Fuss?

-Ballad of Michael Valentine :dazzled:

-Glamorous Indie Rock n Roll :dazzled:

-Under the Gun :dazzled:

Also, OBVIOUSLY All These Things That I've Done :dazzled:

Hell that whole album is great!

Didn't like their third one though. Day and Age, was it? That one was disappointing :cry:

I LOVE Sawdust, so many great songs. :wacky: I like the ones you mentioned, and I also love Sweet Talk. Sweet Talk's probably my favorite Killers song. :wacky:

I didn't think Day and Age was bad, but I thought it was kind of mediocre compared to Sam's Town and Hot Fuss (and even Sawdust). That being said, I love Dustland Fairytale, Human, and Spaceman. :dazzled: In fact, A Dustland Fairytale is my top played Killers song. :surprised:

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Fuss - An ingenious first half (up to "All These Things...") followed by second half of pure garbage. The Strokes-y "Change Your Mind" is the only exception for me.

Sam's Town - My favorite Killers album, though I admit that it does have some filler as well ("Why I Do I Keep Counting," "My List"). "Sam's Town," "Read My Mind" and "When You Were Young" are obvious standouts here.

Day & Age - Can't say I love this one. "Human" is brilliant, and I fully enjoy "Spaceman," "Joy Ride" and "Losing Touch," but overall...let's just say it's not on my list. :P

Sawdust - Haven't really listened enough to comment, though I do love Sweet Talk. Oh, and that Joy Division cover is bloody terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Without Coldplay (I know strange thought) this would be my favorite Band :D

They have a lot of very great songs, their new christmas Song "Christmas Ball" was really awesome. But still waiting for some really new stuff.

My favorite songs are: Mr. Brightside, Bones, Human, Jenny was a friend of mine, When you were young.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's supposedly coming out this summer.... I read an interview that they hope it will be out before they play the V festival in August but there is no "release date" yet. They are doing a bunch of festivals overseas and 1 in the states in July and August so I would assume that it will be out in the next 3-4 months.