🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

3 hours ago, Scorthes said:

Am I the only one to think the instrumental opening of the Glasto set is the opening of the new album ?

According to the set list it's a song called "Forever Held", so it's not the song "Moon Music", the presumable opening track to the album.

Setlist.png

Edited by Lunarida
  • Like 2

My complaints of We Pray:
- Chris shouldn't be in the song. His voice and energy DOES NOT suit the song.
- The lalala must be a staple in all of Moon Music, and that is NOT a good thing.

Also, Chris' singing energy is deteriorating, he is actually getting old.

It's sad that I keep complaining, but this band just cannot present something that can make me like them anymore..

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2

5 minutes ago, Kindnesss said:

- The lalala must be a staple in all of Moon Music, and that is NOT a good thing.

It's sad that I keep complaining, but this band just cannot present something that can make me like them anymore..

Funny you guys always complain as if the band is always doing the same thing over and over again and then don't enjoy anything different they do. Don't appreciate ANYTHING they do? 

I think if they would still release outdated productions for white people, I'm sure y'all would still be unsatisfied. I know, I hate Biutyful, I hate Angel Moon but musical taste is subjective and more deep. It's fine if We Pray doesn't resonate with you. But dissing Chris's voice because it doesn't fit your personal energy preference feels a bit dismissive. 

Evolution is natural for all bands. I know artists can't stay at their peak forever but I don't think you could actually sell out 100+ stadium shows around the world after only 24 years of a career, huh? And hey, musicians age, voices change, the world have changed! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Kindnesss said:

Wtf his perfomance vocaly today was one of the bests of the tour.. arabesque was so good, i dont know where are you coming for real

4 hours ago, Kindnesss said:

Yes, take the coldplay singer out of the coldplay song.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, COLOURSPECTRUM said:

Funny you guys always complain as if the band is always doing the same thing over and over again and then don't enjoy anything different they do. Don't appreciate ANYTHING they do? 

I think if they would still release outdated productions for white people, I'm sure y'all would still be unsatisfied. I know, I hate Biutyful, I hate Angel Moon but musical taste is subjective and more deep. It's fine if We Pray doesn't resonate with you. But dissing Chris's voice because it doesn't fit your personal energy preference feels a bit dismissive. 

Evolution is natural for all bands. I know artists can't stay at their peak forever but I don't think you could actually sell out 100+ stadium shows around the world after only 24 years of a career, huh? And hey, musicians age, voices change, the world have changed! 

Honestly, this fandom is just complaining about everything all the time. Like even if the released A rush of blood to the head II people would blow up because it still isn't the exact same. But if they stay the same people complain that they don't change.

I really like We Pray. It's a damn sight better than My Universe and honestly a lot better than FLIFIL too. It feels like something Damon Albarn would write, so I just hope Max doesn't un-Gorillaz it too much in the studio. 

Are the lyrics about Palestine? Would explain the late inclusion on the tracklist if so. Either way I'm thrilled to hear a Coldplay song with actual, interesting meaning behind the lyrics for once. 

6 hours ago, Jonan said:

He's a 47-year-old man jumping all over the place and singing at the top of his lungs for two hours... Cut him some slack! 🙂

Singing for two hours is a stretch. Might be 45 minutes nowadays.

It seems like We Pray is a step into the right direction and would not be out of place on Everyday Life. 

Kindnesss makes some harsh but valid points though.

Edited by VCF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

It got uploaded to the other site

It just sounds like a Yellow intro to me. Same chord progression and everything. Doubt it’ll be on MM. 

I don't know... As it's called "Forever Held" on the setlist, maybe it has a life on its own 🙂

I think I really like 'We Pray'. And I know for sure it's a surprise for me ! Very different for the rest. Maybe we'll get a mix of MOTS x Viva x EL. We pray !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Are the lyrics about Palestine? Would explain the late inclusion on the tracklist if so. Either way I'm thrilled to hear a Coldplay song with actual, interesting meaning behind the lyrics for once. 

What makes you think it's about Palestine?

I think it's just about humans 

5 hours ago, WaddleBurr said:

Honestly, this fandom is just complaining about everything all the time. Like even if the released A rush of blood to the head II people would blow up because it still isn't the exact same. But if they stay the same people complain that they don't change.

I know right, I admit that I'm not always the biggest fan of their newer stuff, I adore the VIVA-era stuff etc., sometimes I prefer to listen to older stuff, sometimes I prefer to listen to newer stuff. From time to time it changes a lot, but I respect every single thing they do and have done. No matter what, Coldplay will forever be the greatest band of all time for me. 

Nothing is just as we would like it to be, so we'll just have to respect the fact that their decisions are to make more pop-based music these days (respect and let it be, which is the most important thing if you're still a fan IMO) and let them do whatever they want to do, now they are simply (one of) the biggest stadium act(s). Throughout their long career they have evolved themselves to what they have become now as a band. That's what makes them grand. The most important thing (at least to me) is that this band is still going after all those years. Their sincere friendship is what makes them stronger than ever. 

• Like 1

Sounds like Moon Music is going to be another mish-mash album like MotS, which I'm not really a fan of. 

With that said, I'm liking both songs I've heard so far (We Pray and FLIFIL) which is a big plus as My Universe and Higher Power was meh to me.

I'm not sure if I agree but I definitely share the concern given they've done a lot of mishmash sounds since Everyday Life. 

FLIFIL is a very basic Coldplay pop song and All My Love seems like a pretty basic Coldplay ballad. Those two seem to fit on an album together. I think We Pray works as the more "serious" song on the album because it still features contributions from the full band and has some nice strings. The opener Forever Held could be the Moon Music opening song and we know One World will also include strings, so I'm thinking maybe the record is really string and ambient leaning, lovely more chill pop songs with the occasional song that maybe goes in a different direction for a few moments -- Good Feelings, We Pray, maybe on more rockier song. 

Overall I remain optimistic about Moon Music following Glasto. My favorite bit was the Marten Garrex Cover and I honestly wouldn't be upset if that was a transition track on Moon Music.

• Like 1