✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Describe you home City, Town, or village or discrict !!

bart

MANCHESTER

Manchester is a great place to live. The people there take pride in the fact they come from Manchester. When going to Manchester there are a couple of things that would be very aparent to you.

The peoples love for football, in Manchester there are two football teams. One called Manchester United and one called Manchester City. There are other lower leauge teams that surroung the City. But mainly if you live their you are either a Blue or a Red. Being a fan of another team can get you stick from the locals. You would be better of saying you don´t support a team. Unless you was born in another City.

Another thing about Manchester is the impact the palce has made on the Music Scene. Birthplace of Northen Soul, Some say Indie. Also the home of the lengedary night club the Haçendia. Unforentley due to the drugs and gang culture the place is now closed. If anyone had been there they will forever hold a memory for what was the Birthplace for many world renouded bands.

The Likes of a Certain Ratio, Joy Division, Sex Pistols, New Order, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Oaisis and many others will forver hold a leagcy. Some people say this was also the Birthpalce were coldplay were discoverd. At the battle of the bands

The people of Manchester tend to be very friendly and outgoing. And they have a great deal of Civic Pride. Manchester is a plcace what could be described as very comspoltion bosting one of the biggest gay sceens in Europe with its many bars and clubs by Canal Street. One a year depending on the Local Authroties. There is annual Mardi Gras hundreds or thousands if not near a million people attend this popular gay event.

Since the IRA bomb that nearly destroyed the City Center of Manchester in June 1996. The place has seen a lot of new buildings and jobs created boosting a New found wealth, this was celbrated in style in the Year 2002. When Manchester proudly hosted the Commenwaelth games were Atehlets and spectors from all corners of the globes made their pomage to Manchester. The Center peice for all of this, is now known as the City Of Manchester Stadium. Which when the games had finsished was converted into a football ground and now is the Home of Manchester City Football Club, a state to the Art 48 000 Capitcity staduim. Locally nicked named the Blue Camp. This was the curtain raiser for the first Game Manchester City played there was against Barcelona who play their Home Games at the Nou Camp. Manchester people have a ironic way of idenfiying things but I guess this is a fitting tribute to what is a spactular place.

Make sure you visit Manchester U will love it. Below are a few of the sites that Manchester has to offer.

city_of_manchester_stadium_203.jpg

This is the City of Manchester Stadium.

UK-ENG-Manchester-AORourke5.jpg

This is City Center Manchester, Over looking Piccadily garderns if you look hard enough you can see the place where I go drinking sometimes. JD Weatherspoons´. :)

030105-1142-28_std.jpg OLD TREAFFORD

This is the Ground where Manchester United hold their home games.!!.

23081-Alderley_Edge_053.jpg

& this is alderley edge. A beauty spot just outside of Manchester.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

describe what you mean by 'hometown'?

is it the place/city where i live now? or where my parents are and where i've lived a lot? or the place where i was born and where i grew up?

Whatever you feel home is. I was born in a differnt city,but Manchester is my adopted home !

Essex: an interesting county, famous for: Blur, Phil Collins, Phil Jupitus, Depeche Mode, Alison Moyet and Jade from big brother ( :cry: ).

There's lost to do as the county is home to Lakeside shopping centre (wohoo!) and a zillion pubs. The people are friendly (sometimes) Were all football crazy and are proud in the local football teams. We are also not far from London which is a good thing ( :D ) There are some nice beaches to visit (well there's Southend and Walton on the Naze) :cool:

My town is boring, there's not much to do. :snore:

Pensby, Wirral.

Small (I prefer quaint :rolleyes: ), quiet (some would say dull), friendly, reliable. Home of Pensby High School which was previously attended by me and also The Coral :)

Ten minutes from the wonderful Liverpool:D

I'm in Montreal. It's a big city. Very pretty. Here is a picture. Enjoy!

montreal.jpg

It is also home to the Olympic Stadium where the Montreal Expos have lost many a game. Come and visit. It shall be fun. :D

**See that building with that yellow sign on the top?? I live 5 blocks away from that!! :)

I live in São Caetano do Sul, which is about 10 minutes away from São Paulo Capital. Small city, a bit more than 150.000 habitants and it was colonized by italians.

It is considered the best city to live in São Paulo State and Brazil as well, because we have the best social-economic level. This means, school for everybody, hospitals everywhere (I have 3 near my apartament, one of them across the street), violence is small (but it seems to be growing, since the city became popular). The city has the money, but doesn´t know where to spend :/ Here´s a view from my window.

IMGP0499.JPG

Uhm..I live in Melbourne, which is the capital of Victoria. Hmm..I don't actually live in the city..I like about half an hour away. I only really go into the city to go to the football or to go shopping or do to something else lol...Melbourne is actually the most livable city in the world, along with two other cities (I forget which ones)..well thats what I read anyway *shrug* I'm not good at explaining about my city. I just know i'm lucky to live here because it's really a safe city and has awesome beaches :D

melbourne.jpg

melbourne.jpg

WELLI IVE ON A TOWN NEAR THE CAPITAL, SANTIAGO DE CHILE........ UH I SHOWED A PIC A WHILE BACK... AND WELL I THINK EVERYONE KNOW IT BY NOW! MY TOWN IS SMALL, I MEAN IT'S BIG IN SIZE, SMALL IN POPULATION....... IT'S STILL LIKE "RURAL".. THO EVERYONE MUST PASS FROM THERE IF THEY WANT TO GO TO THE CITY AND SO......... AND THERE WE HAVE MANY HILLS, CAUSE IT'S LIKE LIVING ON A HOLE, AND I'VE GOT TO THE TOP OF MOST OF THEM! :D

YEAH, WE HAVE HORSES AND COWS AND TREES!!!!! AND I LOVE IT! :smug: :D

Uhm..I live in Melbourne, which is the capital of Victoria. Hmm..I don't actually live in the city..I like about half an hour away. I only really go into the city to go to the football or to go shopping or do to something else lol...Melbourne is actually the most livable city in the world, along with two other cities (I forget which ones)..well thats what I read anyway *shrug* I'm not good at explaining about my city. I just know i'm lucky to live here because it's really a safe city and has awesome beaches

Melbourne looks gorgeous girlstar, youre so lucky!

Mmm...I live in Náměšť nad Oslavou, it's a small town in south Moravia...200km east of our capital city Prag. In a small village not far from Náměšť lives Patrik Eliáš's family(i hope you know him - Patrik is one of the best czech hockey players in NHL :smug: ).

My town has wonderful nature, very famous is our castle and bridge( the most famous bridge after Charles bridge in Prag :dozey: :P ).

In summer many tourists come here to see our summer festival - "Folkové prázdniny" - many singers and bands come to our town to sing in the castle - and not only Czechs - we had here last year "Hoover the Dog" - band from Wales; "Fluxus" from Belgium; Glen Hansard( he came alone - without his irish band The Frames, I love him :P, he'll come this summer again :blush: :D ) ...

And 4 km from Náměšť is an army airport(with nice soldiers :wink3: ).

That's all... :P :lol:

Cambridge is a beautiful town about 45 minutes north of London. It has beautiful architecture in the centre, including the infamous Kings College Chapel, and there are hardly any industrial buildings because the University is so strict! :stunned: it also has loadsa shops, cinema etc and so many greens dotted around the town it's not even funny! lol very good in summer though. Whilst walking through the centre you are more likely to hear french, spanish, italian, japanese, chinese or any other language being spoken rather than english all year round because there are some many foreign students living in Cambridge, it is very cosmopolitan! :P the inhabitants of the town are mostly people who used to go to the university or people who came to learn english who settled here, i know hardly any people whose parents live here cos they were born and raised here! it is very safe and a great place to grow up because of the mixture of people you meet and get to know here. :D