✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have coldplay ever done drugs?

mburn

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychadelic!!!!:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

But seriously though, I think he's only on the natural highs - adrenaline, theobromine (chocolate), dopamine (happy brain buzz), and that's normal!:laugh3: (when you think of it, a lot of natural foods and substances give us boosts in mood and such - it's just when things are refined that they get dangerous, mostly. Smoke is carcinogenic and leads to emphasema, so better to just get the "runner's high"..

Anywhohow, I'm betting the titles relate to world issues too.;)

this thread is hilarious...anyway, I know for a fact that Guy smokes weed, I have seen him doing it, plus that same night Chris said they were all smoking it, except for him...now if I were to say Chris was on any sort of drugs it would be crack, have you seen him humping the piano stool?!! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

lol...really, I'm honestly laughing out loud!!

Whoever said they wouldn't mind him using mushrooms, I have to admit that would be funny as hell. ANyone who has ever used them or seen a friend using them knows what I mean.

"Whoa, Man!! look at all the colours!! Everything's all yellow!" Hmmm...I always thought that song was about platonic love, but maybe it is about drugs!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Hasn't he always been nervous under pressure? He's just... naturally wired, that dude!

But I feel the same way Alyssa does. I wouldn't be bothered if he did end up smoking weed or something. I'd assume he'd be intelligent enough to handle it right and not let it go any further ("gateway" drug, la dee da).

Anyway, I wouldn't trip about it, that just seems to be his personality.

and as a member of one of the world's biggest bands, he's gonna have easy access to these things.

I know a lot of people that are not members of one of the world's biggest bands,and they have access to things that you can't even imagine.....

I don't think that Chris would use drugs; he's got a daughter and a son!

I know that it probably doesn't seem like valid argument, but i doubt that many people would actually believe him if he came out and said, "i smoke pot on a regular basis," or something stupid like that anyway... cos he wouldn't and doesn't.

case closed... stop being mean about him

Are Will or Johnny on drugs? Have they ever been?

It's practicly there infront of us that people like Thom Yorke have been on drugs like *ahem* Shrooms or cannabis, does Thom Yorke still use drugs? listen to the words on 'Faust ARP' from In Rainbows:

"An elephant that's in the room

Is tumbling, tumbling, tumbling

In duplicate and triplicate

and plastic bags

in duplicate ans triplicate

dead from the neck up"

Also 'A Bucket For A Crown' :

1. A 'bucket' is a slang term for smoking cannabis through a hash pipe.

2. a bucket for a crown might be a metephor for using drugs to gain a higher state.

3. what does he mean by this?...

"listening to a session by Noel Gallagher"

The metephor of the name 'Gallagher' has became one of a violent nature since Oasis came about, and 'Noel Gallagher' is well known for his drug use (even though he doesn't do drugs any more) So if bucket for a crown is about drugs, then he's basically saying he repeated Noel Gallagher and took drugs.

Songwriters often write about drugs but use metephors to describe and hide what they are really talking about, (this is also what Noel Gallagher used to do, which brings us back to the line in 'A Bucket For A Crown'.

Also 'A Bucket For A Crown' :

1. A 'bucket' is a slang term for smoking cannabis through a hash pipe.

2. a bucket for a crown might be a metephor for using drugs to gain a higher state.

3. what does he mean by this?...

"listening to a session by Noel Gallagher"

The metephor of the name 'Gallagher' has became one of a violent nature since Oasis came about, and 'Noel Gallagher' is well known for his drug use (even though he doesn't do drugs any more) So if bucket for a crown is about drugs, then he's basically saying he repeated Noel Gallagher and took drugs.

Songwriters often write about drugs but use metephors to describe and hide what they are really talking about, (this is also what Noel Gallagher used to do, which brings us back to the line in 'A Bucket For A Crown'.

So what about "Fix You", "Speed Of Sound" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head"??

Should we be looking at those in a whole new light??:P

And could "The Scientist" be about a drug creator??:rolleyes:

So what about "Fix You", "Speed Of Sound" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head"??

Should we be looking at those in a whole new light??:P

i know that's meant as a joke, but unfortunately this is what some people seem to do now, actually. :dozey:

seriously, i'll never ever get what's wrong with the new songtitles for so many people...

a title doesn't say anything about a song!! it's the music and the lyrics what it's really about, and none of us has a clue about that yet. so it's just fuckin' ridiculous and it's really starting to get on my nerves.

because this is how rumours are made - negative rumours, to be precise. and that's just sad.

i know that's meant as a joke, but unfortunately this is what some people seem to do now, actually. :dozey:

seriously, i'll never ever get what's wrong with the new songtitles for so many people...

a title doesn't say anything about a song!! it's the music and the lyrics what it's really about, and none of us has a clue about that yet. so it's just fuckin' ridiculous and it's really starting to get on my nerves.

because this is how rumours are made - negative rumours, to be precise. and that's just sad.

You're right, I'm only having a laugh, personally. Don't freak out!!:P

I don't think anyone's intentionally being mean here. I find this thread funny, and there's nothing wrong with asking the question, but I think Spike, that you are reading too much into the lyrics. Bucket For A Crown is about Chris trying to handle his role as a celebrity. If you listen to the words in that context, they make alot of sense. Including the fact that he's always idolized the guys in Oasis. Just my opinion.