✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have coldplay ever done drugs?

mburn

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot how much people here over think things.:rolleyes: I am a songwriter, and when I title a song, I don't think of the way I'm feeling. I that's the way people wrote songs there would be a lot of songs out there named "Sleepy..." and "I Could Really Go For a Cheeseburger Right Now!" Usually a title either comes from the song's lyrics or just because you think it would look cool. Chris probably came up with the title "Yes!" just because he thought it seemed like a fun/interesting/cool song title, not because he was feeling excited and twitchy.

I forgot how much people here over think things.:rolleyes: I am a songwriter, and when I title a song, I don't think of the way I'm feeling. I that's the way people wrote songs there would be a lot of songs out there named "Sleepy..." and "I Could Really Go For a Cheeseburger Right Now!" Usually a title either comes from the song's lyrics or just because you think it would look cool. Chris probably came up with the title "Yes!" just because he thought it seemed like a fun/interesting/cool song title, not because he was feeling excited and twitchy.

Good point. I like using punctuation and numbers in my song titles. It makes them more 'three-dimentional' imo.

Are Will or Johnny on drugs? Have they ever been?

It's practicly there infront of us that people like Thom Yorke have been on drugs like *ahem* Shrooms or cannabis, does Thom Yorke still use drugs? listen to the words on 'Faust ARP' from In Rainbows:

"An elephant that's in the room

Is tumbling, tumbling, tumbling

In duplicate and triplicate

and plastic bags

in duplicate ans triplicate

dead from the neck up"

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:I missed that post......this thread is awesome!!!

Even if this was true, I highly doubt that smoking pot would tear his life apart or ruin his marriage.

And his marriage isn't ruined, by the way. Celeb magazines regularly report the immeint demise of Celeb marriages. It sells units, unsubstantiated or not. Simple as that.

And the new song titles just suggests a new period in the band's creative process. I'm pretty sure you're going off the deep end here.

I think maybe Spike is the one smokin the wacky weed. Everyone knows how those stoners love to go on long rants about their "observations". :P

Just cause my songs are called:

MAGIC MUSHROOMS!!!

CANNABIS!!!

CHARLIE!!!

SMACK..........CRACKLE AND POP!!!!!!!!

Doesn't mean a thing lol!

oh man. i clicked on this thread a few days ago worried that chris was like, caught using something hard or something like that. instead i had a good laugh.

frankly, he just doesnt seem the type to me. not that i can say i really know him or anything, but he's crazy enough as he is! and then there's the "no hard drugs" band policy, which i think theyre probably all very serious about, and the fact that in an interview, chris stated that pot does nothing for him and he doesnt get the hype. actually, he said that chocolate does more for him. here's the exerpt:

capturedr2.jpg

(from a july 2005 interview in rolling stone magazine; perhaps the best chris interview ever IMO)

"Is Chris Martin on drugs? I heard that his marriage is falling apart (which could be because his use of drugs and looking at the new songs he's been writing, the titles suggest he's been taking cannabis (I asked someone about this)"

I don't believe either of those stories.

It seems as though there are SOME people who WANT that marriage to fail. I guess if Gwyneth had been a homewrecker who commits orphans like a certain skeleton psycho who shall remain nameless, the media would be canonizing her.

But because she's a lady, and Chris doesn't act like Pete Doherty or Liam Gallagher, they're bad people to the press.

I wish people would just get off Chris and Gwyn's backs.