✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have coldplay ever done drugs?

mburn

I've ranted about this in other threads...you don't bother digging into an electrician or a plumber's private life, but since we buy celebrities' album/movies etc., we feel like we own them. They're doing a job like everyone else and deserve to do it in peace.

With all tht public pressure, I think I WOULD turn to drugs,lol.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever seen the documentary film by Grant Lee about Radiohead? (Meeting People Is Easy). It deals with this type of stuff, just showing how the media influence affected them and caused alot of stress/tension. And just shows the type of BS questions that they are asked.

This isn't from the documentary but I LOVE the way Thom handles this interview.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6cOfiZjxTd8

oh man. i clicked on this thread a few days ago worried that chris was like, caught using something hard or something like that. instead i had a good laugh.

frankly, he just doesnt seem the type to me. not that i can say i really know him or anything, but he's crazy enough as he is! and then there's the "no hard drugs" band policy, which i think theyre probably all very serious about, and the fact that in an interview, chris stated that pot does nothing for him and he doesnt get the hype. actually, he said that chocolate does more for him. here's the exerpt:

capturedr2.jpg

(from a july 2005 interview in rolling stone magazine; perhaps the best chris interview ever IMO)

So Chris has taken drugs?...

This thread is going places now...

Is Chris Martin on drugs? I heard that his marriage is falling apart (which could be because his use of drugs and looking at the new songs he's been writing, the titles suggest he's been taking cannabis (I asked someone about this) I also heard that he's finding it hard to cope under the pressure and as a member of one of the world's biggest bands, he's gonna have easy access to these things.

I know you might say he would never do that, but that's what I thought until I heard the title 'Leftrightleftrightleft' , it hints that the writer is someone who's jumpy and that's a common side effect of drugs. In my opinion, I think he just doesn't want to dissapoint fans so much that he's moved to drugs. It's what happened to Damon Albarn when writing the album 'BLUR'.

Or maybe he don't know which direction he should take..

in his life

in his music

in his lyrics..

yopu cannot say that just because i tittle of a song..

that's ridicolus

"Is Chris Martin on drugs? I heard that his marriage is falling apart (which could be because his use of drugs and looking at the new songs he's been writing, the titles suggest he's been taking cannabis (I asked someone about this)"

I don't believe either of those stories.

It seems as though there are SOME people who WANT that marriage to fail. I guess if Gwyneth had been a homewrecker who commits orphans like a certain skeleton psycho who shall remain nameless, the media would be canonizing her.

But because she's a lady, and Chris doesn't act like Pete Doherty or Liam Gallagher, they're bad people to the press.

I wish people would just get off Chris and Gwyn's backs.

TOTTALY AGREE ;)

• 2 years later...

Coldplay on drugs?

I'm not entirely sure if this is appropriate.

But i was wondering if anyone had experienced any profound feelings or thoughts while listening to Coldplay or maybe seeing them live at a show.

The first time I saw Coldplay live I had taken some mushrooms.

When it eventually kicked in, the band had begun the first song.

By the end of the show I had experienced the beginning and ending of everything that ever was and was ever going to be.

I was able to see the band's sound. Every chord was a different color.

It was the most amazing show I had ever seen. Granted seeing coldplay would have been equally amazing without any kind of drug as well. Later that night i listened to "The Escapist" on my ipod and I left my body. I then journeyed into outer space. This post is not encouraging drug use, I am simply informing about my experience and wanted to share.

If you've felt something cool while listening to coldplay I wanna know!

One love!

oh god

the scary thing is......

I write like that all the time^

and I dont even do shrooms

but yeah i always wondered what'd it'd be like to listen to coldplay or attend their concert while rolling

........i couldnt imagine how amazing it'd be since i alaways say that no high could ever possibly compare to their concerts

why on earth did you take drugs? They mess up your mind, and fuck up your life, you get addicted and ruin your whole life.

You do not need crappy mushrooms to appreciate the music.

It's just pointless, and no matter what you say, drugs are addictive. No doubt about it, I am against smoking and drug abuse and I think it is entirely wrong to abuse such a substance.

But, i guess it's your choice, and if that's the only time you've used them, then fair enough.

But, I know how you feel when listening to coldplay music, it transports you into a different place.

Rock on!

why on earth did you take drugs? They mess up your mind, and fuck up your life, you get addicted and ruin your whole life.

You do not need crappy mushrooms to appreciate the music.

It's just pointless, and no matter what you say, drugs are addictive. No doubt about it, I am against smoking and drug abuse and I think it is entirely wrong to abuse such a substance.

But, i guess it's your choice, and if that's the only time you've used them, then fair enough.

But, I know how you feel when listening to coldplay music, it transports you into a different place.

Rock on!

:smoking:

jks, but you are right, Coldplay is my drug, I don't need anything else

Some dude was smoking pot in front of me at the concert and it p*ssed me off. The smell of that sh*t sticks to my clothes and hair even if I'm 50 feet away from it. Plus he was dancing in the isle so he blocked my view a bit, until the usher forced him back to his seat.

The music and the performance are all you should need to experience any "profound feelings or thoughts". Drugs are completely unnecessary.

That's my 2 cents.