✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have coldplay ever done drugs?

mburn

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live above the influence.

Yeah. Smoke and get high to give you a head start up there.

Any drugs in moderation arn't bad, self control is the key.

Meth is terrible for you, even in moderation.

I totally agree too.:cool:

Yup!:cool:

:cool:

Bright where you are Mark?

Really?, why's that then, I know plenty of people who use drugs in moderation, I have myself, if people have no self control and develop issues with them it's their own fault not the substances.

Have you ever taken a higher level biology class? Is your father a doctor? Do you know how these 'recreational' drugs actually work?

I'm not saying that everyone who uses is going to drop dead, mind you, but the chance is always there. How often do you use, and since when have you been doing it?

I have to say that seeing them live was definitely a mind-blowing 'high' in itself - I don't think I could have felt any better than I did already that night. It does sound incredibly cliched but if you really get into the music, it's better and more effective than any kind of drug. I don't know of course, having never taken anything stronger than a glass of cider (:laugh3:) but in my opinion, drugs seem to have negative effects the majority of the time so I'm not going to try it. And also, the band definitely do NOT seem too keen on drugs, having already decided when they formed to kick out anyone found to be using hard drugs - seems to give a rather clear message, don't you think? However, I'm not judging anyone, just giving my two cents worth, as they say :).

Have you ever taken a higher level biology class? Is your father a doctor? Do you know how these 'recreational' drugs actually work?

I'm not saying that everyone who uses is going to drop dead, mind you, but the chance is always there. How often do you use, and since when have you been doing it?

I'm quite aware how drugs work,people should have the choice to do them, the chance of dying is there from many other things than drugs, if people can manage how they use them I've no problem with their use.

• 1 year later...

Coldplay and Pills?

Alright now don't get all upset and jump on me for even suggesting it.. But with the way coldplays image is transforming.. at least it seems.. with the sneak peek video.. and the exhibition room stuff.. what kind of influence do you think they might be on.. If anything! Im just looking to see what kind of debate may come up..

Iv never taken a pill in my life or done anything worst then the typical Canadian pot smoker has done... But I know friends who have popped pills and come up with colorfull dreams/ images and ideas... We know its heavily debted into the music scene..

With Chris being a father and family man, Im not suggesting hes some sort of addict so dont pounce on me.. im just curious to think what if anything he/they may do to inspire and create.

The real question is, what the heck kind of pills are you on that made you ask such a stupid question? On top of the fact that they obviously aren't on anything, why would WE know what drugs they take if they were to take any?! What response were you expecting, for someone to go, "Well, I was waiting to meet Coldplay outside the Beehive and Chris came out and started talking to me, he was so nice! Then he casually started popping pills right in front of me. They were small, blue, and circular. Hope that answers your question!"

NO.

You don't need drugs to be creative.

To kinda get this thread back on topic, this from Wikipedia, which has a source attached to it:

'...the band determined they would fire anyone who used hard drugs.'

So that would probably mean they'd have to fire each other.

Additionally, one does not need drugs to create mildly experimental music. If that were the case, Radiohead would have been off their faces in 1999 :laugh3:

The band would NEVER EVER do anything like that. Its one of the rules of their band and their state of mind would never conceed to such influences, their strong.

That said, there are comparisons between the pink video they posted and sort of pop representations of being high. I think its more that they were obscuring any sounds in that video and wanted the video to show they are on a high with creativity

Anyway, can't wait for the album. Another piece of the Coldplay Jigsaw puzzle is SO exciting