✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have coldplay ever done drugs?

mburn

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if theyd still kick them out. i think theyd try really hard to help whoever did it and give them several chances before they got there.

and pot isnt a hard drug. its just something thats really prevalent in that environment, and i bet theyve all done a little. and i dont blame them for that. but anything worse and it gets upsetting and irresponsible. frankly, i dont think we have to worry much about it, thankfully.

now if guy and jonny would only quit cigarettes...i believe will did, right? i worry about how that will catch up to them more than about hard drugs.

I've been wondering the same thing, I mean, would they really kick out a member of the band if someone did drugs? I don't know.

And I'm really hoping none of them does drugs.

I mean, shure they are rockstars, but come on, it's okey to get high sometimes, but if they get stuck in it, that's really bad.

And they have kids (not Johnny tho).

And yes I'm pretty shure that if someone does drugs it's Guy (god we're accusing him...;) but I mean they've said that if Guy would be in the band he would be in prison...)

But lets just hope none of them does drugs, and if someone did, they would help him to get out of it.

• 8 months later...

HAS CHRIS MARTIN STARTED TAKING DRUGS?

Is Chris Martin on drugs? I heard that his marriage is falling apart (which could be because his use of drugs and looking at the new songs he's been writing, the titles suggest he's been taking cannabis (I asked someone about this) I also heard that he's finding it hard to cope under the pressure and as a member of one of the world's biggest bands, he's gonna have easy access to these things.

I know you might say he would never do that, but that's what I thought until I heard the title 'Leftrightleftrightleft' , it hints that the writer is someone who's jumpy and that's a common side effect of drugs. In my opinion, I think he just doesn't want to dissapoint fans so much that he's moved to drugs. It's what happened to Damon Albarn when writing the album 'BLUR'.

Well, let's be realistic. It is possible. (I know that's going to piss some fans off, but anything's possible.) THe pressures of success can lead to drug use, especially if you have easy access. I think everyone famous has dabbled with drugs from time to time.

But you shouldn't assume by his weird titles that he's a drug user. Chris is by nature a hyper (jumpy?) person, and he's always been a fan of weird titles. Also, he's working with Brian Eno, who is the king of weird titles. It could just be Eno's influence. As far as his marriage, any marriage faces pressure and obstacles, especially one that's always under scrutiny like his.

Considering Coldplay's strong anti-drug policy, if he was using druge, the other guys would have an intervention for him. I wouldn't worry.

I don't think so. Numero uno: they always exaggerate the status of his marriage to Gwyneth. I heard Chris and her basically made a deal not go out together to big events and such that would attract loads of media. And because of this all the press are saying is that their marriage is decaying merely because they haven't been able to catch them together. But the media is always very fast to exaggerate and jump to conclusions. 2nd, Building an album has always been a lot of stressful work.. for coldplay and every other artist out their. I don't think this particular album is any more stressful than the last couple. 3rd, I have a completely different outlook on "leftrightleftrightleft" I think it's a reference to the army marching chant that follows the title. I expect it will be a politically driven song wihc makes me a tad nervous. I hate mixing politics and music. Anyway, there is a song called poppy fields but I'm not about to assume that Chris is on opium either. He's a vegetarian and a non-alcoholic...and although it is possible, the idea of Chris being a pothead doesn't seem very likely to me.

Considering Coldplay's strong anti-drug policy, if he was using druge, the other guys would have an intervention for him. I wouldn't worry.

Coldplay's rules from the very start was to fire any member who used hard drugs, but what about soft drugs like cannabis? I think Chris Martin might have been on drugs.

By 'jumpy' I mean very panicy and nervous, which is a common side effects of drugs, even soft drugs.

I thought Fran Healy from Travis would never be the sort of guy to take drugs, but even he ended up getting hypnotized to put hjim off the thought. The more successful you are, the easier access you have, they can literally be put right infront of you or given to you free when you're famous.

Like I said, I wouldn't rule out anything. But Chris is naturally hyper.

It's a pretty well-known fact that Guy smokes pot, so who knows? All I'm saying is you can't really tell by his titles or what the press says about him.

I hope not...he's crazy enough without them,lol.:laugh3:

It's come up on here a couple of times, I'm not exactly sure which theads. And I heard it from a 'semi-reliable' source.

I'm not a pot-smoker, but I think in small doses it's fairly harmless. I hope they don't mess with the hard stuff. It's lethal to celebrities...and everyone else.

well unfortunatelly he wouldn't be the first musician that do it... atlhough it will make me be sad... :( i find sad that an artist must take things like that to be creative, i would prefer that they broke and joing again when they feel better to do another great album (even if it would take them 10 years or so).

may be drugs frees you at first but can slave you for life.. :(

do i have to remind you that a lot of people thinks that Yellow, is about drugs :uhoh:

but i think that there's no point to discuss that things, just being based on the song titles (that i think can change yet...) we haven't heard the songs, or have the lyrics yet... :thinking:

and btw to someone here that is :( because there will be a poltical song, is pretty known that they have a political song on each album :thinking:

In my opinion, Chris and Will are the only ones in the band who DON'T look like they are on or where on something. I don't think anything higher than pot though. Hasn't Chris said him and Gwen are vegetarians and rarely even drink? I heard the somewhere. They have accomplished being a very successfully band and I don't think shooting up would have helped them do that ;)

As possible as it is, I doubt it.

In countless interviews and information about Coldplay, Chris has been quoted many times for saying things against drug use.

Also, the song titles (ie. Yes!) that have exclamation marks on the end may have been put there by Prospekt - not by the band/Chris. Who knows?

But I think it's a bit far-fetched to assume someone is on drugs just because of the song titles they have created.