✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

Gwyneth Paltrow on her daughter and 'sensitive thug'[/url]

By Shannon, CBB Senior Contributor

gwyneth_paltrow_1.jpg Actress Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday. The 35-year-old mentioned her daughter Apple Blythe Alison, 4 next month, and son Moses, 2, saying that Apple has very feminine aspects about her and Moses is a 'sensitive thug.'

It's a very good age difference, but boys and girls are very fundamentally different, aren't they? So there are some interesting things going on in the house.

They just play so differently. She's quiet and imaginative and very verbal. She likes to sit with her things and build houses and hotels for her dolls. My son will just come and trash the hell out of anything she's doing. And if he can inflict pain on her while he’s trashing, then even better. Then she gets furious and says he's 'antagonizing' her. We call him our 'sensitive thug.' It's a line from a Jay-Z song and it fits him perfectly.

She's kind of started to give it back to him, but in a very female, under-the-radar way.

Dad is Coldplay's Chris Martin.

Source: The Late Show with David Letterman via Just Jared

http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/04/gwyneth-paltr-3.html#more

Haha, Apple sounds a fair bit like Chrissy :lol: and Moses the sensitive thug, cute :cheesy:

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the Iron Man movie...I don't normally think Gwyneth is incredibly attractive, but I must admit that she was looking especially beautiful in this movie. She did a very good job acting-wise I thought. Oh yeah, and it was a pretty cool movie, too.

I loved Iron Man, was so cool. I have a thing for RDJ though :embarassed:

She was very sexy in this movie I agree, it's nice to see her play a more feminine role. Her movies over the past few years have always been strong/exceptionally gifted/bitchy types. She suited Pepper Potts very well I thought.

Gwyneth Paltrow on her daughter and 'sensitive thug'[/url]

By Shannon, CBB Senior Contributor

gwyneth_paltrow_1.jpg Actress Gwyneth Paltrow appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday. The 35-year-old mentioned her daughter Apple Blythe Alison, 4 next month, and son Moses, 2, saying that Apple has very feminine aspects about her and Moses is a 'sensitive thug.'

It's a very good age difference, but boys and girls are very fundamentally different, aren't they? So there are some interesting things going on in the house.

They just play so differently. She's quiet and imaginative and very verbal. She likes to sit with her things and build houses and hotels for her dolls. My son will just come and trash the hell out of anything she's doing. And if he can inflict pain on her while he’s trashing, then even better. Then she gets furious and says he's 'antagonizing' her. We call him our 'sensitive thug.' It's a line from a Jay-Z song and it fits him perfectly.

She's kind of started to give it back to him, but in a very female, under-the-radar way.

Dad is Coldplay's Chris Martin.

Source: The Late Show with David Letterman via Just Jared

http://www.celebrity-babies.com/2008/04/gwyneth-paltr-3.html#more

OMG so funny!lol...it reminds me so much of my 2 nephews!

she(noa) is 7 and he(lapo) is 3..lol and it's really the same when they play!---you casn see her very calm and still playing with her dolls, and creating sofas or beds with little objects in order to buil a little doll house and, as soon as lapo sees that, delicate as an elefant, he comes over and breaks everything down!lol...she gets mad for that all the time!lol....

Some quotes about Chris from Gwyneth in the new GQ (nothing major, but interesting none the less)

They talk about Coldplay's new album coming out and the interviewer brings up Chris' perfectionism and says he must get a little twitchy.

"Oh I'll say, I'm not allowed to talk about him and kill me for saying this but I've been around a lot of very talented people and a lot of people who work very hard and I've never seen anything like it. Nowhere even near. I've never seen anyone put every atom and molecule of themselves into something"

Is that the cross a perfectionist has to bear?

"To some people you would say, 'Wow that was a great film,' or 'That was a great book-how are you going to raise the bar?' But if you regard your last work as shit where do you go from there?"

No wonder the album is about death

"It's a lot about death, but it's a lot about life"

Also they ask her about Simon Pegg being Apple's godfather and what that entails and she says

"He brings her birthday presents and when they get together they really talk. He's hilarious. When he was over the other day he pretended to break Chris' neck and she burst into tears"

That sounds terrible, like Bad Santa.

"No! It was really funny though, not to her. My point was: he was so devastated he'd upset her..."

She also says that Chris in Extras was hilarious.

Whole thing is here

Some quotes about Chris from Gwyneth in the new GQ (nothing major, but interesting none the less)

They talk about Coldplay's new album coming out and the interviewer brings up Chris' perfectionism and says he must get a little twitchy.

"Oh I'll say, I'm not allowed to talk about him and kill me for saying this but I've been around a lot of very talented people and a lot of people who work very hard and I've never seen anything like it. Nowhere even near. I've never seen anyone put every atom and molecule of themselves into something"

Is that the cross a perfectionist has to bear?

"To some people you would say, 'Wow that was a great film,' or 'That was a great book-how are you going to raise the bar?' But if you regard your last work as shit where do you go from there?"

No wonder the album is about death

"It's a lot about death, but it's a lot about life"

Also they ask her about Simon Pegg being Apple's godfather and what that entails and she says

"He brings her birthday presents and when they get together they really talk. He's hilarious. When he was over the other day he pretended to break Chris' neck and she burst into tears"

That sounds terrible, like Bad Santa.

"No! It was really funny though, not to her. My point was: he was so devastated he'd upset her..."

She also says that Chris in Extras was hilarious.

Whole thing is here

Thanks Mimixxx!!

simon pretended to break chris's neck and apple was scared? i find that hilarious and adorable at the same time. i'd kind of love to see that scene. well, i'd kind of just like to see chris and simon being hilarious together, because they're like two of my favorite people ever. poor apple, though!

thanks for all this, mimi!!