✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Gwyneth...

Katharina

I still stand by the argument that Green Eyes is about Jonny. It doesn't seem like a "romantic love" song at all.

I thought the same, but then watched this one [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJQJbiYrd4]Coldplay - Sessions at MusicMax 2003 Australia, Sydney Opera House - Part 4 - YouTube[/ame] (about 3:15). He says, it's not about the right person, that's why he doesn't sing it. Obviously, Jonny is a right person to sing a song about :)

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Eyes is about Jonny AND an American friend.

As for Shiver, I do believe it's that Emma person, because the song was written very early, and it does seem to correspond to the story (if it's true): from what I read, he was really into her when he wasn't famous yet, but she wasn't (which corresponds to the lyrics), and then a few years later they met again and that's when they spent the night together (again, from what I read). To me it seems like a plausible story. Whether it's true or not...

Not to argue, but we just have a difference of opinion, Shiver was Not for Emma. Chris watched Neighbors, and he was smitten with Natalie Imbruglia who played "Beth" he or The oracle wrote about it, if I can't find it, I know someone on here that will.:lol:

About Shiver:

Shiver was written two years before its actual release. Accordingly, Chris Martin wrote the song while thinking of Australian singer-songwriter Natalie Imbruglia, the woman he was linked to, but later denied it. Some accounts have claimed, however, that Imbruglia was indeed not Martin's inspiration in writing the song. Instead, he appeared to have been inspired with girlfriends in his teenage days and early 20s. Martin actually wrote the song in a "glum" day, when he felt he would never find the right woman for him. He described it as something of a "stalking song", admitting he wrote it for a specific woman. In addition, Martin wrote the song while listening to music of Buckley, and had claimed it is their "most blatant rip-off song".

So it is and it isn't about Natalie Imbruglia :lol:

About Shiver:

Shiver was written two years before its actual release. Accordingly, Chris Martin wrote the song while thinking of Australian singer-songwriter Natalie Imbruglia, the woman he was linked to, but later denied it. Some accounts have claimed, however, that Imbruglia was indeed not Martin's inspiration in writing the song. Instead, he appeared to have been inspired with girlfriends in his teenage days and early 20s. Martin actually wrote the song in a "glum" day, when he felt he would never find the right woman for him. He described it as something of a "stalking song", admitting he wrote it for a specific woman. In addition, Martin wrote the song while listening to music of Buckley, and had claimed it is their "most blatant rip-off song".

:DChris doesn't know if he is coming or going.... I think we all listen to the songs and come to our own conclusions about each one, who they are for, and what they mean:lol: Like Green Eyes was written for me:P

^:surprised: Oh, I had never heard of that story, now I understand better what you were saying :D Yeah, could be about her then. For some reason I thought he had written it way before.

As Tash points out, you and I BOTH could be right:lol:

the singers always write at the time. it's called inspiration. time of this story is very similar to shiver.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13773

Although this arrogant Emma hen luxury thinks she is ​​Madonna so men must be at his feet. she's the famous for an interview and more about the private affair of Chris. I kindly call bitch or slut.

anyway Chris has dedicated much part of his songs to his wife Gwyneth Paltrow

before it was a fangirl agree famous but a fangirl

Yellow, Clocks most passionate love songs then.

About Shiver:

reminds me of an interview, with Chris that watching on the French TV Channel where he was talking about how he was inspired to A message.

he wrote it naked.

I think there Interview coldpaying, and was the period X & Y .

About Shiver:

As Tash points out, you and I BOTH could be right:lol:

ah-HA! :P

Girls and if we go back to something real and not dreams of fangirls about Chris lol

a descent article where they talk about the couple real and very discrete. in general they are very bad with the old articles. daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2168680/Chris-Martin-surprises-wife-Gwyneth-Paltrow-kiss-Coldplay-concert.html

there will always be ugly comments

I think there are more important things to concern ourselves with than celebrities kissing. Grow up people.

Divorce in 5 4 3 2..........

:DChris doesn't know if he is coming or going.... I think we all listen to the songs and come to our own conclusions about each one, who they are for, and what they mean:lol: Like Green Eyes was written for me:P

Wait. I'm pretty sure that Green Eyes was for me, Tracey. I'm sorry. :P:D

^ No, me!

Although this arrogant Emma hen luxury thinks she is ​​Madonna so men must be at his feet. she's the famous for an interview and more about the private affair of Chris. I kindly call bitch or slut.

fancy-chicken.png

Ha. I wish...although "close friend of the band" sounds way better than "crazy fan."

Better watch what we say...can you imagine if they get ahold of some of the "other" threads? :shocked2: I know coldplaying has been mentioned before - they know fan sites are the place to go for the most reliable information - really, we hear about it or experience it first most of the time :lol:

Sorry, I'm back home in beautiful Southern California. I really wanted to try to get to Atlanta, but I do have a husband and kids at home. A *very* understanding husband. :heart: Ok, my luck with the band has just been almost eerie. I even wrote it out, in a letter format, so I could actually put down my thoughts because everything that has happened in the last 3 years has just been crazy. As far as I know, we were the only Oxfam group, so far, who has met any of the band. Also, as far as I know, Miami is the only show since this tour started in April that Chris has come out after. And I was there for both. I'm telling you, it's almost creepy lucky. And the interactions I've had with Chris in a public setting have been pretty bizarre, too. (NOT that i've had any private interactions, but I've been the center of attention in front of audiences twice. Weird) Maybe I SHOULD go out and play the lottery. I don't know...

Dianne do not feel losing your identity, and become a true grazy you not being a fanatic fan but a normal fan. ;)

I assure you will not like my statue to the band. People often tell me you're a fanatic for those who think I lost my identity for celebrities. or it's one groupie on the net, and said this is the first time that it exists.

So because the only contact I had with the band is Debs and I think she saw the same torment as me depressed, and not in a good mood here. So called to me my close friend of the band But it's the only who understands me .

But Debs will not say anything because is the official Oracle of the band (so that which helps the fans to their problems and also has low, human) and it's a employee of the band.

I hope she gets better.

^ No, me!fancy-chicken.png

I was talking to Emma Hollands only.

Then I do not want become the dog of real celebrities.

and I'm not talking about Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow If people see only great celebrities, I see only they have the same mindset as me.

maybe because Apple and Moses are so important in their lives.

Don't worry Lory :nice: The "^ No, me!" was meant for the above post. I was joking along with the others saying that the song Green Eyes was written for me. Just because I have green eyes.

The picture was only to accompany your remark about hen of luxury, because such a term does not exist. It still makes me laugh each time I stumble upon it :laugh3:

The picture was only to accompany your remark about hen of luxury, because such a term does not exist. It still makes me laugh each time I stumble upon it :laugh3:

I love that pic :lol:

"hen of luxury" is the word-to-word translation of an expression that exists in French ("poule de luxe"). Lory, if you want to use this expression, I advise you to say "high-maintenance wife/girlfriend/woman" or maybe "diva" instead :)

Or keep using it, I love that pic :laugh3:

"hen of luxury" is the word-to-word translation of an expression that exists in French ("poule de luxe"). Lory, if you want to use this expression, I advise you to say "high-maintenance wife/girlfriend/woman" or maybe "diva" instead :)

yes exactly, what I meant. poule de luxe en français expression . :)

Women who want the luxury and husband/boyfriend/man are being ripped off by them.

love is not materialism, I'm sorry to say. and can not be bought. it's free.

and now I feel a little uncomfortable for this man because I do not know him and want friendship to me on facebook and I said yes . but I honestly do not know. is me who must give money to him or the opposite? or he has a very sad life and have one of those girls that I have spoken before?

in the meantime I hope that's his real name and in the video, I will tell him to leave and find a woman that does not benefit :nod:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOFABXxxGA4]Chris Martin - Paper Loving - YouTube[/ame]

Ah! Poule de luxe! Why didn't I think of that? :lol: