✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Coldplay, Ellie Goulding and Mark Ronson among artists tipped for success in 2015 by government

Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Rita Ora, Mark Ronson and Emili Sande have been tipped for success by the government as it is revealed that the UK’s Creative Industries are now worth £76.9 billion per year to the UK economy.

This contribution is an all-time high and equates to £8.8 million per hour, or £146,000 every minute. It means the UK's Creative Industries, which includes the music, film and television industries, will play a key role in the government's long-term economic plan.

"2015 looks set to be another bumper year for UK creative talent," a government press release read. "There is already a huge number of highly anticipated offerings from every sector of the UK’s creative community."

The government highlighted a number of UK artists expected to release hugely-succesful albums in 2015: Ellie Goulding, with her follow-up album to 2012’s 'Halcyon', Coldplay with their seventh studio album 'A Head Full of Dreams', Mark Ronson with his fourth album 'Uptown Special', and both Emeli Sandé and Rita Ora with their second albums.

Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, said: "The UK’s Creative Industries are recognised as world leaders around the globe and today’s figures show that they continue to grow from strength to strength. Government is determined to continue its support for this most dynamic of sectors as part of our long-term economic plan. The tax reliefs we’ve got in place and are extending to Children’s TV and orchestras have been instrumental in attracting inward investment, and are part of broad package of measures designed to ensure the continued success of the Creative Industries."

Other 2015 releases on the the government's radar include the latest Bond film, Spectre, the next instalment of Game Of Thrones, the eagerly awaited conclusion to the Arkham videogame trilogy Batman: Arkham Knight and the publication of the first illustrated editions of the Harry Potter series of novels.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/82255?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=albumsyoumighthavemissed#uFTmQokSVgTsq1zc.99

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The New Xyloband remote control! Reminiscent of the film, 'Click'. "Now time to rewind that Coldplay concert" ;) <a href="http://t.co/7VUVGmsjJ1">pic.twitter.com/7VUVGmsjJ1</a></p>— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/557340685935058945">January 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="750"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Waaa this is kewl :wacko:

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The New Xyloband remote control! Reminiscent of the film, 'Click'. "Now time to rewind that Coldplay concert" ;) <a href="http://t.co/7VUVGmsjJ1">pic.twitter.com/7VUVGmsjJ1</a></p>— Coldplaying (@coldplaying) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/557340685935058945">January 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AWESOME! \m/

Ohmygod i just found the best most random thing :awesome:

coldplay_on_a_magic_flying_turtle_copy.jpg

Coldplay on a magic flying turtle :cheesy:

The best is the description on the website though:

Coldplay on a giant flying tortoise

Coldplay on a giant flying tortoise was created for the up and coming Youtube series “Death Metal Clarinet Brotherhood Battle Band”. In the second video “Death Metal Clarinet Brotherhood Battle Band: 2 The Quest for the Silver Reed” coldplay helps Ben and Daniel locate where the Silver Reed is buried. This meme is notable because the rratio of Coldplay to tortoise to awesomeness is just what the internet needs.

x

:lol:

Coldplay on a giant flying tortoise was created for the up and coming Youtube series “Death Metal Clarinet Brotherhood Battle Band”. In the second video “Death Metal Clarinet Brotherhood Battle Band: 2 The Quest for the Silver Reed” coldplay helps Ben and Daniel locate where the Silver Reed is buried. This meme is notable because the rratio of Coldplay to tortoise to awesomeness is just what the internet needs.

x

"the rratio of Coldplay to tortoise to awesomeness is just what the internet needs."

I agree.

x

This comes close to my favourite internet picture:

Ill-just-leave-this-here.-Imgur.jpg

Guys, I need some help, ever since I started listening to Keane, I started to feel that Coldplay is losing it for me. But I don't want to think that, I think that Coldplay is extremely talented and always pushing the boundaries of the music industry. It's just that when I found out that they might be doing another song with Rhianna, I feel betrayed. I loved all of Coldplay's albums, including Mylo Xyloto which I didn't like as much as their other stuff but still like. If there's anything I can do, please, don't hesitate to tell me. :)

ed sheeran on coldplay and their influence:

B8JGRnrCAAEgynr.jpg:large

isn't it amazing how influences work? coldplay following U2 the same way Ed is now following coldplay.

here is the interview. @8:50

[video=youtube;_zxR7JzkG5E]

Wouldn't it be cool if Coldplay could've done music for the old Spyro games? But then again we wouldn't have had Stewart Copeland perform the soundtrack for Spyro to begin with. The closest Coldplay song that sounds a little bit like Spyro to me is Rainy Day.

I'm not sure how that would have made sense, as Coldplay had just formed when the first Spyro game was released.