✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Funny you brought this up. I was just going to post that I loved the version of Clocks in LeftRightLeftRightLeft I was shocked to hear on Pandora today. Seriously, Chris's singing and emotional emphasis and little twists are so much better than the (recorded) version we're hearing these days. Although I can't claim to feel that it seemed lip-synced when I saw them last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LeftRightLeftRightLeft version of Clocks is my second favorite after the one from Toronto in 2006. Chris' voice is spectacular and better than the recorded version. I must say, Clocks at Glastonbury did not seem lip-synced either and since I was there I didn't really care whether or not it was actually being sung live. The live performances are always a spectacle no matter what.

• Like 1

New question: in the 7/23 show, I sat on a wheelchair platform just right of the b-stage and the mixing booth. A lighting and (I think speaker) pole were just behind us. My biggest disappointment by far was not the rain, but the sound distortion. The piano on the main stage and Johhny's guitar, sounded flat. Really flat. Guitar was switched out and seemed better after. Piano was a little better on Everglow on the B- stage. WHY? Was it real or where my seat was? No one commented when I mentioned it in the show's thread.

I also just learned the hard way when my iPhone drowned at CP on July 23rd. My phone was only backed up to a certain day. No idea why. I had it checked to back up but I think it was to my laptop and I hadn't plugged in to sync. So I feel your pain, Mojan. Even immersion in rice for 3 days couldn't save mine and there went my concert pics and videos

So sorry to hear :( Don't give up on the phone yet, though. A phone expert might be able to save the data if you are willing to invest a bit of money in it ! I hope you are able to get the pics back !!

I started listening to all their albums from the start. Then I will get to the B-Sides and Unreleased songs. I am on a Coldplay Marathon! :D So sad that I was too young to listen to them when they came out,at least I can still appreciate them now :)

Have lots of fun !

• Like 1

I came home from vacation yesterday night and it feels so good to be properly back to the forums. I missed chatting with my Coldfriends[emoji4] [emoji173]

This could become a thing, like Everglow :)

Coldfriends... I like the sound of that. :)

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
Thanks, [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER], for my 1000th like.

Remember I gave you your 1000th? You happened to return the favor :)

Heyy that's wonderful!!! You're very welcome!! And congratulations! [emoji23] [emoji322]

I don't think Coldplay are selling the MX comics on their website anymore....I was gonna buy those someday [emoji53]

The series is available on iTunes, but it's in digital form so it might not feel the same way as owning the physical issues.

• Like 1

My Chemical Romance are set to release a 10th year anniversary edition for their 2006 album "The Black Parade". It features new songs and demos scrapped in their recording sessions for that album. Now, I was just thinking. Could Coldplay do something like this in 2018 for the 10th anniversary of Viva La Vida, arguably Coldplay's most commercially successful album? I absolutely would love to hear the full and complete versions of songs like Leftrightleftrightleft, Lukas, and Famous Old Painters. The edition could coincide well with a possible release of an 8th studio album in 2018.

• Like 3

The return of the Flowery T-Shirt! :dance:

I really like it too :dazzled:

I actually want it lol :'D

:lol: i hadn't seen this before!

i love whenever Chris tries to speak in an American accent. like this:

but he's much better now. Duolingo is really working for him! :P

Where the prices are low and the cars are slow lmao xD