✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

My Chemical Romance are set to release a 10th year anniversary edition for their 2006 album "The Black Parade". It features new songs and demos scrapped in their recording sessions for that album. Now, I was just thinking. Could Coldplay do something like this in 2018 for the 10th anniversary of Viva La Vida, arguably Coldplay's most commercially successful album? I absolutely would love to hear the full and complete versions of songs like Leftrightleftrightleft, Lukas, and Famous Old Painters. The edition could coincide well with a possible release of an 8th studio album in 2018.

An anniversary edition of VLVODAAHF would be amazing, but I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up. :( There are a lot of unreleased gems from the AROBTTH era, but that album didn't get a 10th anniversary deluxe edition.

• Like 3

My Chemical Romance are set to release a 10th year anniversary edition for their 2006 album "The Black Parade". It features new songs and demos scrapped in their recording sessions for that album. Now, I was just thinking. Could Coldplay do something like this in 2018 for the 10th anniversary of Viva La Vida, arguably Coldplay's most commercially successful album? I absolutely would love to hear the full and complete versions of songs like Leftrightleftrightleft, Lukas, and Famous Old Painters. The edition could coincide well with a possible release of an 8th studio album in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they would do something like this, or release a album with all the unreleased tracks. I would die to finally hear Car Kids, the full version of Famous Old Painters and so many more we maybe have never even heard of.

But realisticly I don't think something like this will happen sometime soon, but you never know...

I at least hope for some special/deluxe edition of whatever album with some b-sides we've never beard before.

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first thing, i love your enthusiasm regarding LP8 in 2018, secondly i think we might get a compilation of rarities and b sides some time soon because Coldplay's contract with parlophone is ending. hopefully.

• Like 2

Random thoughts right now: The day of the one Coldplay show I originally wanted to go to has arrived ! Funny, when I bought the tickets half a year ago little was I to know that, having never seen them before, I should get two more unexpected opportunities to see them before that day arrived, with one of them even very close up and both being memorable adventures in their own right. Some of the worst and some of the best times in my life came between when I bought the tickets and this day, and now I hope life will just go up and up and up and be, like Charlie Chaplin said, a wonderful adventure !

(The negative side of it: Now I've gotten used to going to Coldplay concerts and getting their good vibes, so it will be sad to know this is goodbye for at least another couple of years. But then again last year I thought I was never gonna see them, so who am I to complain ? :))

• Like 6

Random thoughts right now: The day of the one Coldplay show I originally wanted to go to has arrived ! Funny, when I bought the tickets half a year ago little was I to know that, having never seen them before, I should get two more unexpected opportunities to see them before that day arrived, with one of them even very close up and both being memorable adventures in their own right. Some of the worst and some of the best times in my life came between when I bought the tickets and this day, and now I hope life will just go up and up and up and be, like Charlie Chaplin said, a wonderful adventure !

(The negative side of it: Now I've gotten used to going to Coldplay concerts and getting their good vibes, so it will be sad to know this is goodbye for at least another couple of years. But then again last year I thought I was never gonna see them, so who am I to complain ? :))

Yay, another wonderful adventure ahead of you tonight! It's great you had 2 unexpected gigs too. I really don't like wondering how long the break until the next show will be but memories and online footage from my gigs help me through. Have an incredible night in Paradise [emoji39] x

Sent from my SM-T310 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Well, who knows this is your last concert? Life has many crazy and unexpected things so don't lose hope :)

Enjoy this day so much! Have an Amazing Day!

• Like 1

I just heard the alternate version of Talk and holy shit O.O

I think I'll be listening to this a lot *_* The album version is undeniably more powerful but I love how smoothly this version flows. Music to relax to :wacko:

How does a demo version that was discarded sound so good D:

• Like 4

Just watched back some footage from my Wembley gig. Thank you to the wonderful people who have recorded shows and uploaded footage online! Tears were shed by me, not sure if by were happy or sad but it was lovely seeing what the show would have been like if I'd been at the front (I was near the back but still had an incredible night). One big family [emoji169] [emoji170] [emoji171] [emoji172] [emoji173]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 3

I drove up to the mountains today and got out and climbed to the top of a mountain (elevation of about 12,000 feet), and all I could think of at the top was "We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do"

dc2b46cead949e42b861fa0bdf77d215.jpg

9411028e3afc1027adfb8774b262dc4f.jpg

f77e1a84491ab66cd6ed5be67872eb9a.jpg

b6082e68eb27a59b85ccd71c96dc42ef.jpg

• Like 13

I drove up to the mountains today and got out and climbed to the top of a mountain (elevation of about 12,000 feet), and all I could think of at the top was "We live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do"

Beautiful! Oh, how I love my beautiful state of Colorado... in the tour diary documentary on the Live 2003 DVD, they show the band on top of Mount Evans and Jonny thinks it's fine to run to the summit. Ha... Will tries to talk him out of it due to the thin air but doesn't succeed and Jonny pays for it. :P

I just heard the alternate version of Talk and holy shit O.O

I think I'll be listening to this a lot *_* The album version is undeniably more powerful but I love how smoothly this version flows. Music to relax to :wacko:

How does a demo version that was discarded sound so good D:

Supposedly, the band played the demo version for somebody and they said it needed to be the first single on X&Y. That somehow freaked the band out and they scrapped it. :(

• Like 2

Supposedly, the band played the demo version for somebody and they said it needed to be the first single on X&Y. That somehow freaked the band out and they scrapped it. :(

Yeah I read that :c

Although I think it may have also had something to do with the fact that the initial version got leaked. I do like the album version of Talk too though. Which one I prefer really comes down to my mood I think :wacko:

I wish the band would put out a CD with all these little gems. I don't think it'll ever happen though :(

• Like 2

Wow, how beautiful! I love mountains, and nature in general. It makes me so happy. [emoji4]

• Like 2

Where is this?? It's amazing.

• Like 1

I think I've been near there before, because I definitely know where Old Fall River Road is. The last time I was there was only a couple months ago.

Cool! I love it because it's just one way up a dirt road

• Like 1

Is there an in depth overview or list of the guys', or at least Jonny's, instruments and gear? There's a page on Equipboard but I don't really find it reliable. I know Jonny most frequently plays Fender (72 Thinline Teles, Strats, Jaguars, Jazzmasters) and Bill Nash "S" Strat copies. He occasionally plays Gibson (Les Paul and ES-335). I think he played a Rickenbacker 360 before and some Gibson and Martin acoustics.