✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Guest diogo_sg
Today is my one-year anniversary on Coldplaying! It's been great being here with all of you! :loveshower:

Wonderful!! Congratulations, AMDB9!!!! It's been amazing being with you as well [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji322]

That's funny haha[emoji23]

I get the same feeling when a song I really love plays on the radio, or when someone else suddenly plays it!

It's strange how the music can just be a background noise and then suddenly a song you love starts and it turns into all you hear. I often caught myself not listening to other people talking to me anymore when a coldplay song played haha[emoji23]

Oh yes - so true. Just the tiniest bit of a song gets through to my ears and I have to stay with it to the exclusion of everything else. I've noticed the UK 'soaps' are using CP as frequent background music now.

Also, I was in a supermarket today and spotted a young guy wearing his AHFOD T shirt. I had to say " Fabulous T shirt" as I was passing. I asked him if he'd been to a concert - yes, Manchester, same as me. It was great to see another CP fan.

• Like 5

Ok. @ I Ran Away, I will take you up on butterflies. I have all birds but bad shape. Purple if you have any would be awesome. Fav color![emoji171] I have something you may want. I'll PM and then offer to the group if not. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

About the radio songs, it is the same with me ! Or when a song comes on in a shop, even if the sound is really bad, I feel compelled to listen to it intently !

I just did some research and turns out there is a market for confetti: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coldplay-AHFOD-Tour-Confetti-/182212467839?hash=item2a6cb59c7f:g:NMkAAOSw-FZXj-cu People bid $36 for a "large handful" of bird confetti ! I mean, I know birds are rare compared to stars but $36 ?? Well, the good news is that I still have my confetti bag and my Birds (and stars) are still "flying free" to any Coldplayer who lives in the United States and would like some in a letter (just send me a PM)!

I just checked and it said it is no longer available. Must have sold!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Here is a link to my first post on here for some nostalgia... http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?posts/5725495

I did that too a few posts away. I even put in a placeholder for AHFOD. Anyways, if you guys are curious of my thoughts of AHFOD, you can check out my updated post here:

Here, I'll give it a try:

The Blue Room EP:

*See You Soon

*Bigger Stronger

Parachutes:

*Life is For Living

*Don't Panic

*Yellow

A Rush Of Blood To The Head:

*Politik

*Warning Sign

*The Scientist

*Crest Of Waves (Even though it's a B-Side)

X&Y:

*Square One

*The Hardest Part

*Talk

*Swallowed In The Sea

VLVODAAHF:

*Viva La Vida

*Death And All His Friends

*Strawberry Swing

*Chinese Sleeping Chant

Prospekt's March:

*Life In Technicolor II

*Rainy Day

Mylo Xyloto:

*MX + Hurts Like Heaven

*Charlie Brown

*Princess Of China (Instrumental)

*DLIBYH

Ghost Stories:

*Magic

*Ink

*Ghost Story

*Fly On

UPDATE: A Head Full Of Dreams:

*Birds

*Hymn For The Weekend (Ik, wowzers. But this track has grown on me so much. The booming instrumental is incredible, no matter how bad how the lyrics are)

*A Head Full Of Dreams

*Army Of One

Guest diogo_sg

So, I'm currently on holidays in Albufeira, Algarve (a city in the south of Portugal) and here's what has been going on Coldplay-wise:

1) a couple of days ago, I heard HFTW playing VERY LOUD in a bar. It was amazing, really. That big bass Chris talks about is just awesome!

2) yesterday, in the morning, my dad, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's daughter and I went kayaking and while we were on the boat waiting to get on the kayaks, Fix You played on the radio. The boat was full of (British) people and some were even singing (including me)!! Besides, the view around us was dazzling! The blue sea, the tall rocks, all the people kayaking... It was such a special moment!!

3) same day, in the afternoon, we were walking by the hotel's swimming pool and (to my surprise) the Fedde le Grand remix of Paradise was playing!!!!! I had never heard it playing somewhere other than my phone before!! How cool is that?!?!

PS: I also heard the Seeb remix of HFTW on the radio a few weeks ago!!

4) yesterday, in the evening, we went to a very cool shop selling several kinds of stuff (mostly Indian items such as incense, the Chakras stones, wooden stamps (inc. a Flower Of Life), handmade notebooks, tie dye tees, etc). So I couldn't believe my ears when I started hearing Paradise...followed by Clocks...followed by Magic...followed by Yellow...followed by Talk... WHAT WAS GOING ON?!?! I bought a notebook (handmade with recycled paper by Tibetean refugees) and when I went to pay for it, I asked the lady who made the playlists and told her that my favourite band is Coldplay (I was even wearing a Love Button!!). She smiled and said it was her boss, with iTunes. I got so happy!! It made my day!!!

[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

The random Coldplay thread has become the thread for sharing our Coldplay holidays, Coldplay vacation or holiday with Coldplay or Coldplay is following us?[emoji14]

First of all I'm glad I'm back here. I missed all of you while I was away. I spent my holiday with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time I had some of the most amazing days in my life. Obviously, Coldplay was with me these 4 days.

Obviously, I listened to Coldplay while I was travelling. I love watching through the window looking to the beautiful views nature gives us, and listening to the most amazing band makes this such a heavenly view.

The first town we arrived at was a picturesque place. We walked on the colorful streets watching the beautiful craft. Suddenly, I heard the final woo-hoos of AOAL, I couldn't be happier. I was just starting my adventure of a lifetime with my friends and I listened to the perfect song to sum up my trip. That’s how I was feeling. I just wanted to scream woo-hoo because we travel for 13 hours and we arrived to this magical place!

The next day we visited a park near to a river. There were speakers playing music I don't like so I listened to ASFOS on my earphones while looking at the water, birds flying and people enjoying the view. Then we came back to the hotel, and someone turned on the TV on a music channel and the second song was ASFOS. That was the perfect way to end that they.

The most random moment where Coldplay showed up was in an eating place on the side of the road. c0e07ddd474a8048c70ed515bd167973.jpg

As you can see in the picture it looks like a very cheap place with no concrete floor and a roof made of palm leaves but with the best food I've ever tasted (a part from my mother's food). In this place there was a girl who was playing some music in a big speaker which you can see in the picture. She has the most eclectic music taste I've ever heard: regional music, banda, reggaeton, pop, children's music and alternative rock. She has The Scientist on her playlist! Unfortunately she didn't play the whole song, in fact it was just the beginning. But, I was in the middle of nowhere, and I didn't expect to hear a Coldplay song after hearing regional music. That moment made my day.

Well, there wasn't many coldceptions, but I'm glad there were a few I could share with you. I still have some things to share with you in other threads. It’s good to be back to the forums with my Coldplaying family :)

• Like 7

Guest diogo_sg
The random Coldplay thread has become the thread for sharing our Coldplay holidays, Coldplay vacation or holiday with Coldplay or Coldplay is following us?[emoji14]

First of all I'm glad I'm back here. I missed all of you while I was away. I spent my holiday with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time I had some of the most amazing days in my life. Obviously, Coldplay was with me these 4 days.

Obviously, I listened to Coldplay while I was travelling. I love watching through the window looking to the beautiful views nature gives us, and listening to the most amazing band makes this such a heavenly view.

The first town we arrived at was a picturesque place. We walked on the colorful streets watching the beautiful craft. Suddenly, I heard the final woo-hoos of AOAL, I couldn't be happier. I was just starting my adventure of a lifetime with my friends and I listened to the perfect song to sum up my trip. That’s how I was feeling. I just wanted to scream woo-hoo because we travel for 13 hours and we arrived to this magical place!

The next day we visited a park near to a river. There were speakers playing music I don't like so I listened to ASFOS on my earphones while looking at the water, birds flying and people enjoying the view. Then we came back to the hotel, and someone turned on the TV on a music channel and the second song was ASFOS. That was the perfect way to end that they.

The most random moment where Coldplay showed up was in an eating place on the side of the road. c0e07ddd474a8048c70ed515bd167973.jpg

As you can see in the picture it looks like a very cheap place with no concrete floor and a roof made of palm leaves but with the best food I've ever tasted (a part from my mother's food). In this place there was a girl who was playing some music in a big speaker which you can see in the picture. She has the most eclectic music taste I've ever heard: regional music, banda, reggaeton, pop, children's music and alternative rock. She has The Scientist on her playlist! Unfortunately she didn't played the whole song, in fact it was just the beginning. But, I was in the middle of nowhere, and I didn't expect to hear a Coldplay song after hearing regional music. That moment made my day.

Well, there wasn't many coldceptions, but I'm glad there were a few I could share with you. I still have some things to share with you in other threads. It’s good to be back to the forums with my Coldplaying family :)

Hi!! Welcome back!! [emoji1] [emoji14]

@AMDB9 congratulations on your anniversary on Coldplaying!

[uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] and @alicjanna thanks for sharing your stories, I enjoyed reading all your coldceptions :)

Thank you! I loved reading about your holidays too; sounds like you had lots of fun! [emoji16] [emoji4]

My day wasn't to spectacular, however I was just driving home from visiting my grandma with my family and shortly before we arrived back Up&Up was playing on the radio! I couldn't help instantly having a huge smile on my face and now it just turned into a good day lol. :)

My dad as usual suggested to quickly change the station, he always makes fun of coldplay (but luckily he let me listen to it extra loud in the end) [emoji16]

• Like 2

This afternoon was not so busy at work so I put in my earphones and put Coldplay music on - the B-sides of X&Y.

Then I got into something that needed my attention and after and half hour or so I realised that I had been listening to Pour Me over and over again all that time (because the app was set on repeat).

• Like 5

can't wait to see everybody's reaction to Rio's Olympic opening ceremony :bliss:

even though we don't have the Queen or Coldplay performing, I believe it'll be just as beautiful :wacko:

It usually is. :) I'm going to re-watch Coldplay's performance from the 2012 Paralympics today before the Olympic ceremony starts. Then it'll sort of feel like Coldplay actually did perform. :D

• Like 3

As you can see in the picture it looks like a very cheap place with no concrete floor and a roof made of palm leaves but with the best food I've ever tasted (a part from my mother's food). In this place there was a girl who was playing some music in a big speaker which you can see in the picture. She has the most eclectic music taste I've ever heard: regional music, banda, reggaeton, pop, children's music and alternative rock. She has The Scientist on her playlist! Unfortunately she didn't played the whole song, in fact it was just the beginning. But, I was in the middle of nowhere, and I didn't expect to hear a Coldplay song after hearing regional music. That moment made my day.

Welcome back, @alisbe ! I'm so glad you had a fun and Coldplaytastic time on your holiday. :) Seriously, why is it that Coldplay is so good at "following" people here when they go away on vacation? :D I wouldn't be surprised if @Gideon_Mx is experiencing the same thing right now. :laugh3:

• Like 3

It usually is. :) I'm going to re-watch Coldplay's performance from the 2012 Paralympics today before the Olympic ceremony starts. Then it'll sort of feel like Coldplay actually did perform. :D

I actually watched it for the first time a few months ago and even though the performance itself was really awsome I got pretty annoyed by the commentors, but I couldn't find a version without the comments on YouTube:/

• Like 2