✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Heyyy everyone! I've been away for a very long time (too long!) but now I'm back! I missed this place so much... I'm going to share with you soon what was going on during the last two weeks which I spent in the UK. I'm so excited to write it! :)

• Like 10

Heyyy everyone! I've been away for a very long time (too long!) but now I'm back! I missed this place so much... I'm going to share with you soon what was going on during the last two weeks which I spent in the UK. I'm so excited to write it! :)

Welcome back @alicjanna ! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures !

Welcome back:) Can't wait to hear your stories!

Welcome back! While I was away last week I had exactly the same feeling... this is always a safe place to go, so when we can't come it feels like there's something missing!

Always wanted to go to UK... I will be waiting to hear your wonderful stories! :cheesy:

• Like 5

Thanks everyone! Sadly, I didn't visit The Bakery but I think that everything that has happened is satisfying enough for my Coldplayer's spirit :D

But what has happened ? Come on, don't torture our curiosity any longer and spill the beans ! :D

Guest diogo_sg

Heyy! I'm so happy that you're back! We missed you too! Hope you had a fantastic time in the UK!! [emoji1] [emoji6]

Thanks diogo, I had! Be patient, I ran away :D So......

I went to a language summer school for two weeks. It was a kind of a camp with lessons during the day.

Once we were going for a trip by bus. There was girl (she was about 13 years old) sitting next to me and listening to music on earphones quite loudly. I didn't have to eavsdrop to hear the familiar sound of Up&Up! I couldn't contain myself and I told her that I like her music taste. She seemed pretty suprised and just responded "Thank you". :)

One of the trips that we had was to Cantenbury - the city where Guy had been living since he was 12. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to visit the school that he had attended.

I love the fact that some of the people from our staff were only 19 so they normally talked to us. One of them was Alicia (fun fact: we have almost the same names). Once we were talking about music and I told her that I'm a crazy Coldplay fan. She responded that she knows most of their songs and that she attended of one of the shows in Manchester. I was soooooo happy - she was the first Coldplayer that I've ever met! Well, she's not so obsessed as I am, but still, it's amazing! She's such a lovely person.

One day I went to a local food shop. I was on my way to the till but I stopped. THEY PLAYED GOD PUT A SMILEY UPON YOUR FACE. In a small food shop. So I spent next 3 minutes walking around, pretending that boxes of cereals are particularly interesting and trying to stop myself from singing...

The next trip that we had was to London. I was getting ready when I called Mojan's thread to mind (the one about meeting other Coldplayers in London). So I messaged her and later we planned our meeting in a really spontaneous way. And we did it! I'm so glad that I met you and your lovely mum! I hope that we'll meet again soon :)

But it wasn't the end of the day. Our group came back to the town a little bit earlier than it was planned so I spent a few hours on the beach with my friend from Colombia. When I was going back home I saw a guy in a t-shirt from Mylo Xyloto Tour! I told him that I love it and he said something like they mean a world to him. I think that he lived on the same street as I but I've never seen him again. That was such a good day...

The following day we had a trip to Oxford. I completely forgot that Oxfam is from Oxford! Seeing Oxfam's shop made me realise that. I walked in and I saw these Stand As One wristbands that (if I'm not mistaken) are given out to volunteers before Coldplay's show. I was so so so happy when I saw these and I had to buy one. Soon I'll also add the picture of the shop. I don't have it now as I took them with my friend's phone.

1294ba95d5ef59deb78e2198b9f2d917.jpg

Once I was talking with one guy from the staff and he told me that his teacher was Chris' head master! He used to teach in Devon but he moved to the Eastern part of the UK. He's the one who told Chris that he's rubbish at playing the piano when he heard him playing during the breakes. You can't imagine how happy/suprised/shocked/confused I was when I heard that!

During this camp I met an adorable girl from Ukraine called Anastasiia. When I started talking about Coldplay she told me that she really likes See you soon. I was suprised as it's not a song that you'd expect to be liked by a person who is not even a fan of Coldplay. She explained that this song was mentioned in a book called "50 days before my suicide". It was nice to hear that there are people who appreciate some older, less popular songs by Coldplay.

I had a horribly boring teacher - Michael. But there was a one, really good side of his lessons - he played us some songs and gave us papers with lyrics that we had to fill in. He was always playing only The Beatles's songs but during the last lesson he played VIVA LA VIDA. And it was from Live 2012. What. I filled in all the lyrics before he put the CD in a player. I didn't even try to stop myself from singing and quietly saying the words that Chris randomly says to the audience. After the song ended I had to go to the bathroom because I started to cry with happiness...

Sadly, my trip was making its way towards the end. I was in a taxi making my way to the airport when the driver turned on the radio and Adventure of a Lifetime was being played. It was the perfect ending. I hope that you enjoyed my stories ;).

• Like 13

Guest diogo_sg

I went to a language summer school for two weeks. It was a kind of a camp with lessons during the day.

Once we were going for a trip by bus. There was girl (she was about 13 years old) sitting next to me and listening to music on earphones quite loudly. I didn't have to eavsdrop to hear the familiar sound of Up&Up! I couldn't contain myself and I told her that I like her music taste. She seemed pretty suprised and just responded "Thank you". :)

One of the trips that we had was to Cantenbury - the city where Guy had been living since he was 12. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to visit the school that he had attended.

I love the fact that some of the people from our staff were only 19 so they normally talked to us. One of them was Alicia (fun fact: we have almost the same names). Once we were talking about music and I told her that I'm a crazy Coldplay fan. She responded that she knows most of their songs and that she attended of one of the shows in Manchester. I was soooooo happy - she was the first Coldplayer that I've ever met! Well, she's not so obsessed as I am, but still, it's amazing! She's such a lovely person.

One day I went to a local food shop. I was on my way to the till but I stopped. THEY PLAYED GOD PUT A SMILEY UPON YOUR FACE. In a small food shop. So I spent next 3 minutes walking around, pretending that boxes of cereals are particularly interesting and trying to stop myself from singing...

The next trip that we had was to London. I was getting ready when I called Mojan's thread to mind (the one about meeting other Coldplayers in London). So I messaged her and later we planned our meeting in a really spontaneous way. And we did it! I'm so glad that I met you and your lovely mum! I hope that we'll meet again soon :)

But it wasn't the end of the day. Our group came back to the town a little bit earlier than it was planned so I spent a few hours on the beach with my friend from Colombia. When I was going back home I saw a guy in a t-shirt from Mylo Xyloto Tour! I told him that I love it and he said something like they mean a world to him. I think that he lived on the same street as I but I've never seen him again. That was such a good day...

The following day we had a trip to Oxford. I completely forgot that Oxfam is from Oxford! Seeing Oxfam's shop made me realise that. I walked in and I saw these Stand As One wristbands that (if I'm not mistaken) are given out to volunteers before Coldplay's show. I was so so so happy when I saw these and I had to buy one. Soon I'll also add the picture of the shop. I don't have it now as I took them with my friend's phone.

Once I was talking with one guy from the staff and he told me that his teacher was Chris' head master! He used to teach in Devon but he moved to the Eastern part of the UK. He's the one who told Chris that he's rubbish at playing the piano when he heard him playing during the breakes. You can't imagine how happy/suprised/shocked/confused I was when I heard that!

During this camp I met an adorable girl from Ukraine called Anastasiia. When I started talking about Coldplay she told me that she really likes See you soon. I was suprised as it's not a song that you'd expect to be liked by a person who is not even a fan of Coldplay. She explained that this song was mentioned in a book called "50 days before my suicide". It was nice to hear that there are people who appreciate some older, less popular songs by Coldplay.

I had a horribly boring teacher - Michael. But there was a one, really good side of his lessons - he played us some songs and gave us papers with lyrics that we had to fill in. He was always playing only The Beatles's songs but during the last lesson he played VIVA LA VIDA. And it was from Live 2012. What. I filled in all the lyrics before he put the CD in a player. I didn't even try to stop myself from singing and quietly saying the words that Chris randomly says to the audience. After the song ended I had to go to the bathroom because I started to cry with happiness...

Sadly, my trip was making its way towards the end. I was in a taxi making my way to the airport when the driver turned on the radio and Adventure of a Lifetime was being played. It was the perfect ending. I hope that you enjoyed my stories ;).

Your trip sounds like it was superb! And the Coldplay angels were definitely with you through the two weeks! Lovely read [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

I'd love meeting Coldplay fans as you did. It must be so wonderful!!

Sounds like a freaking awesome trip with lots of coldception! [emoji16]

You know what's crazy? I was in Canterbury and London last week as well! But the only Coldplay-related things that happened to me were that two of my roommates told me they liked coldplay and were jealous that I was at their concert and a few cp songs on the radio. I didn't even get to go to the Bakery as it was a school trip:(

• Like 2

Recently I realized that many songs from the X&Y era (Talk and The World Turned Upside Down for example) mention puzzles and trying/not being able to find your missing piece.

Then in this interview from the Ghost Stories era

(From 1:30)

Chris talks about how no one has a missing piece, we're all complete the way we are.

It's like he was once struggling with feeling incomplete but over the years he learned that no one is. Especially as it's from the Ghost Stories era considering he was going through a hard time it makes me think again about this whole thing about bad things bringing up good things in the end.

Maybe it's all just a theory but I love these kinds of connections so much, they remind me that coldplay music is so much more then just some songs with not too much meaning or stories behind them.

• Like 9

Welcome back, @alicjanna ! :D

Wow, I think the Coldplay gods were shining their light upon you. ;) I'm so glad that you had a fun time, especially with something Coldplay-related waiting around every corner for you to discover it. :)

• Like 2

Recently I realized that many songs from the X&Y era (Talk and The World Turned Upside Down for example) mention puzzles and trying/not being able to find your missing piece.

Then in this interview from the Ghost Stories era

(From 1:30)

Chris talks about how no one has a missing piece, we're all complete the way we are.

It's like he was once struggling with feeling incomplete but over the years he learned that no one is. Especially as it's from the Ghost Stories era considering he was going through a hard time it makes me think again about this whole thing about bad things bringing up good things in the end.

Maybe it's all just a theory but I love these kinds of connections so much, they remind me that coldplay music is so much more then just some songs with not too much meaning or stories behind them.

That is one of my favorite little interview snippets. :) Coldplay's music has changed a lot, for better or worse, but videos like this one are so heartwarming because you can see the personal journey that Chris has taken across the band's career.

It's almost like a story arc from X&Y to AHFOD. Chris has gone from from feeling confused, unconfident, and incomplete (X&Y), to philosophical and trying to find answers (Viva), fighting the darkness in the world (MX), hitting rock bottom when his marriage fell apart (most of Ghost Stories), and finally realizing the beauty of life and accepting himself the way he is (the last 2 tracks of Ghost Stories, Miracles, and all of AHFOD).

Now all of a sudden I know what the band meant when they said that AHFOD is like the final book in a series.

• Like 11