✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

being someone who doesn't have a car and loves cycling, i ride my bike to the store every week when i go grocery shopping. today i went a slightly different way because i had to stop by the bank first. on my way up this giant hill, there was a guy on the other side of the road who was also biking. next thing i know, he crosses over and starts following me up the hill. i was like :no_mouth: he's probably just going the same way, coincidence, that's all - which is what indeed happened but the coincidence got more... co-ldplay-incidence-y

a bit of the way up the hill, all of a sudden i heard this faint music. my ears perked up and my brain said, YELLOW??? but i wasn't sure because there were a lot of cars and the music was quiet, coming from somewhere behind me, hmm... and then Chris started to sing, it was indeed Yellow. the music kept following me and i knew it must have been the guy on the bike behind me playing it. so then i was like, that's really freaky!!! how does he know??? :scream:

of course, i'm sure he didn't know. but the universe knew :p and the song was just ending as i got to the bank and he kept going down the road, so perfect timing.

Part of a system I am...

Anyone else wonder why Politik from AROBTTH has a 'k' at the end instead of a 'c'?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Coldplaying mobile app

No idea, reminds me of Europe though because politics in German is Politik (I am 90% sure anyway). So maybe it is a directly kinda jab at the turmoil in Europe at the time, was there turmoil in Europe at that time? Although I think I heard somewhere that it was partially written about the tragedy after 9/11. But I really don't know just saying stuff off the top of my head now. Good question though. If Chris is like me, he could have just done it because it makes the song look interesting and cooler, whilst possibly having a clever metaphorical meaning behind it :p

EDIT: just so the influx of everyone's messages on the next page, well good to see my German isn't completely rusty

Well thats what he thought before they did a duet. But now Liam thinks they sound "fucking great"

Still though, I wont deny the obvious. I hate to say it, but Liam is similar to Donald Trump and people feed off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually this quote is about performing the duet at the Manchester show.

I once heard this interview talking about it, here is a transcript:

http://www.2-4-7-music.com/newsitems/aug02/coldplay.asp

Thanks for this - interesting !

Also, it was great to learn that IN MY PLACE was 'born' in Liverpool , MY place - my home.

IN MY PLACE

Chris: ‘In my Place' is the oldest pivotal song. Just when we were finishing our last record, ‘Parachutes', we were in Liverpool in this little room that had been great on the last record and the record was basically finished so we were all packing up and ready to go. And the album was coming out in about a week. It was a really fine- timing thing, and I was just sat at this organ that my friend lent me, this pump organ, that you have to sit and pedal like that, you know, that was really designed for sea- shanties and drunken sailors but I wasn't either so I was thinking, let's try a sea-shanty, I don't know if I have to do the actions, but these chords just came out and it was at a time when it was just a bit too late on the last record we suddenly discovered things like Jimmy Cliff and all that and even ‘Whiter Shade of Pale'. I'm not saying it's as good as that, I'm saying it's better, no, I'm not, and so that tune we've had pretty much since the end of the last record. But we knew we really liked it and so it's been the lynchpin of this record. Around which everything else has been written.

• Like 3

Anyone like Ode to Deodorant? Chris says 'It's shit' but I think it's pretty good.

Let's put it like that, even though the lyrics are ridiculous and it sounds very unrefined in general it already showcases some of the classic strengths of Coldplay imho - emotional crooning, a neat arrangement (closer to the ending at least)... :)

• Like 1

but they did during MX era :heart_eyes:

and i remember Chris once said that they couldn't play Green Eyes because it was about "the wrong person" but look at where we are now :p

oh wow really? I guess these songs are evolving as time goes, both in meaning to the band and I guess in general.

Has anyone read 1984? After reading it, I thought that it could have possibly connected to Violet Hill. I saw this through the lyrics:

It was a long and dark December

From the rooftops I remember

There was snow, white snow

Clearly I remember

From the windows they were watching

While we froze down below

And especially the line : "If you love me, won't you let me know?"

Anyone else see the connection?

• Like 1

Has anyone read 1984? After reading it, I thought that it could have possibly connected to Violet Hill. I saw this through the lyrics:

Clearly I remember

could you maybe explain the connection you're seeing to those of us who haven't read 1984? :P

• Like 2

Clearly I remember

Spoiler alert* (just skip this post I'm unable to put it in the spoiler box)

I know Winston and Julia had a very loose love of some sort that was tied to Julia's rebellion and Winston physically trying to feel less old or something like that. They were under a LOT of pressure. And things did turn cold by the end imo.