✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

[MEDIA=instagram]BWsw4nBhFon[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWsw4nBhFon/

first Xylobands was looking for someone to design a shirt (which I did, btw, but it never went anywhere I guess :P), now this...

i just sent them my portfolio/resume so hopefully i at least hear back from them!! i need to continue on my path to fulfilling my lifelong goal of working with Coldplay :P

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I find it hard to imagine what the next era could look like, especially if they go back on tour in 2019. The AHFOD Tour almost had a "greatest hits" quality to it--it felt like other eras were incorporated smoothly (except viva and X&Y). That was going to be my guess--they release a Greatest Hits LP (rerelease of Viva?) and maybe releases some old demos or b-sides? It also seems like they are working up towards a documentary with Mat Whitecross who did that Oasis documentary. I'd bet that happens next year.

I think JC90 is spot on with those predictions.

I guess what I'm getting at is whether LP8 will be another full blown color-pop escapade with a massive tour. It would seem a bit tired, in my opinion, after MX and AHFOD. It sounds like they are indeed already working on new music and Guy put an emphasis on more acoustic stuff in an interview recently. That seems right to me. I've been waiting for an acoustic album since Viva, but they couldn't help but go for pop and electronic. It's time they strip it back and do something raw and emotional to prove how great of musicians they really are!

I'll save the rest of my speculation to the soon busy LP8 thread :)

• Like 6

When I see all the IG/Twitter/Facebook updates from every CP concert of this year I think: "OMG how I'd love to be there!!!" Don't you have the same feeling? :laughing:

Actually if I had enough money I would go to see them all around the world... that would be freaking awesome haha

I, for one, feel so very lucky to be able to attend the UK gigs.

You should have done it! One time I was walking by someone who had a coldplay shirt, and i said "i love your shirt!" But, she had earphones in and gave me a weird look because it probably looked like I was saying "i love you" to a stranger on the sidewalk hahaha

Yea - I definitely would comment too ! The other day, wearing my AHFOD backpack, I turned to leave a shop after making a purchase and the assistant said "Excuse me, have you been to the Coldplay concert ?"

"YEEEEEESSSSSSSS !" said I !!!!!!!!.........

and there followed a hyper half hour conversation about the Cardiff gig that we'd both attended !!! We were two 'older' women behaving like a pair of teenagers........ and it was GREAT !

I've never met any other fan, even though I wear my LoVe button all the time and sometimes wear my AHFOD T shirt and the bag ! At last - someone had spotted the sign and stopped me !

Never hesitate to ask - a real fan will always want to chat !!!!

• Like 6

I'm in Cardiff already for tomorrow's show. Just came back to my hotel from exploring the city and...WTF! Chris has turned up at the reception. As a life-sized cardboard cutout. He looks as surprised as I am! :joy:

Haha - I've seen those for sale online and been wondering about getting one............. hubby might think it's a bit strange ?????

I was just down the road from the Premier Inn, at the Ibis, and they had constant Coldplay playing in the reception ! Nice touch !

HERE'S THE LINK FOR THE CUT OUT OF CHRIS..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chris-Martin-Cardboard-Cutout-lifesize-OR-mini-size-Standee-Stand-Up-/162575939855?var=&hash=item25da47f90f:m:mSeBHNe8omOp1vEexYod06w

On my way back home from Paris. Can't wait to see all my pictures and videos on a computer screen. [emoji4]

Hi Nie :grinning: Your photos are always incredible !!! How on earth do you get such clear images from so far away ? What camera/phone do you use ?

• Like 1

I know they said 2 years or so for a hiatus but man they need more imo. Like really shutting down for a while and just living normal lives, but if they really are super eager to go back in that's their decision.

• Like 4

i might try again, i don't know. Youtube blocked my stream after a while apparently because of copyright. but tbh the whole thing wasn't too interesting :p

Ah okay, but I still don't get what's the point of blocking the copyright intended videos. I mean, some videos are able to watch but are suddenly removed after a few months. Like what difference it makes that you block them...

Hi Nie :grinning: Your photos are always incredible !!! How on earth do you get such clear images from so far away ? What camera/phone do you use ?

I have a Canon Powershot G7X. [emoji4]

New in the Coldplay Merchandise Store::

Limited Edition European Tour posters (30€)

http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?categoryName=New+In+Store&artistName=Coldplay&sourceCode=COLWEBUKWEUR&AID=1562&utm_campaign=lnmemlcol_EUEvent_20170721&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Publicaster&utm_content=Coldplay+Limited+Edition+European+Event+Posters+Now+Available%21

You best have a look in all the pages. E.g. Paris was on page 2 after the mugs. And I think they are still adding.

^^ I cannot see Coldplay doing a Greatest Hits record until they're done making music.

OMG! I swear today I've just been thinking about that... when would they do an album like that?

On the other hand, I've also been thinking about how great would be a possible tour to commemorate the 10th anniversary of VLV, just like U2 did with The Joshua Tree. I know it's crazy because next year they won't go on tour again, but it would be totally awesome!! I would LOVE to go to a concert of VLV era... I'll always hate myself for not being a fan back in 2008... they even came to my city in that tour... ooghh :sob:

• Like 2

OMG! I swear today I've just been thinking about that... when would they do an album like that?

On the other hand, I've also been thinking about how great would be a possible tour to commemorate the 10th anniversary of VLV, just like U2 did with The Joshua Tree. I know it's crazy because next year they won't go on tour again, but it would be totally awesome!! I would LOVE to go to a concert of VLV era... I'll always hate myself for not being a fan back in 2008... they even came to my city in that tour... ooghh :sob:

What if they actually played some of their older songs during the anniversary tour? Or took a page from U2 and did the album in its entirety?

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the band seems generally unwilling to revisit their older stuff. 10 year anniveraries - no way. I even doubt they would do a 30 year one like U2, but one can hope, at least for AROBTTH. Only got to wait until 2032, yay !

• Like 1

[MEDIA=twitter]889925117568065537[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/mtv/status/889925117568065537

Can we all talk about these excellent photoshop skills?

f7159ff1a083466489391fbe55f6b220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like magazine cutouts. Noiceeeeee

I was watching a random video (I couldn't resist - they had a vegan wedding!). Well guess what was playing at the wedding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=brOJOJsn9Es;m=7;s=54