✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

A guy just ran past me wearing a Coldplay t-shirt and I felt like shouting "Nice t-shirt!" x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Yeah you should have, I had someone say that to me as I walked past and it made my day :)

Happy 17th birthday to Parachutes ! :blush:

Parachutes is almost as old as me :p

yeah, i wonder what made Chris do that? because until that point he was like encouraging him, then it seems like suddenly something changed. weird :p

I mean the guy was probably nervous. But yeah it has to be pretty perfect for Chris/coldplay to let him keep playing because you've gotta remember people are paying a ton of money to see coldplay play. I mean if the dude isn't playing the keys on the piano really perfectly, it could put Chris off or halfway through the guy could just really get nervous and they have to redo the song :P Did that guy in Germany start a trend of fans now trying to come up and play everglow? lol. Chris was encouraging him in the beginning because everyone wanted him to feel as comfortable as possible I guess and wanted him to play it really well but yeah shit happens.

• Like 2

I mean the guy was probably nervous. But yeah it has to be pretty perfect for Chris/coldplay to let him keep playing because you've gotta remember people are paying a ton of money to see coldplay play. I mean if the dude isn't playing the keys on the piano really perfectly, it could put Chris off or halfway through the guy could just really get nervous and they have to redo the song :p Did that guy in Germany start a trend of fans now trying to come up and play everglow? lol. Chris was encouraging him in the beginning because everyone wanted him to feel as comfortable as possible I guess and wanted him to play it really well but yeah shit happens.

no, i totally get why Chris stopped him and sent him packing, just that i would have expected him to seem more hesitant when the dude first started playing rather than once Chris started singing. as @LeftrightleftArchi said, it was pretty obvious, so i figured Chris would have been like this from the start

2ufsfls.jpg

:joy:

• Like 3

no, i totally get why Chris stopped him and sent him packing, just that i would have expected him to seem more hesitant when the dude first started playing rather than once Chris started singing. as @LeftrightleftArchi said, it was pretty obvious, so i figured Chris would have been like this from the start

2ufsfls.jpg

:joy:

Yeah true, he gave him a second chance probs lol. Where do you even find these gifs though? Because they're great ahahahah

• Like 1

Yeah, Antdrew, you are right. It was uncharacteristic for Chris, true. But he did it in a humorous way and as nicely as possible, under the circumstamces. That's the risk of letting a fan onstage to perform.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow this was like really rude. The guy sounded great to me.

[MEDIA=twitter]885271493483143170[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/885271493483143170

Aww, that's too bad but I can understand why Chris stopped it, the beginning sounded okayish (not very confident either, but okayish) but then he hit a lot of wrong notes and the timing sounded off, too....he did it in a nice way, at least.

• Like 1

They do run a risk letting people get up on stage but honestly that's one of things I missed in this band, the face to face interaction with their fans. And now they're doing just that, which makes me happy, especially for those getting on stage! :blush:

I actually made a sign "Duet Everglow?" for the concert I went to, but we were too far from the B stage for Chris to see it. (I would have sung really badly even if he had gotten me on stage, so maybe I'm glad about that XD)

• Like 1

This is a bit random. but does anyone know if there's any meaning of the stage screens being at a different angle at the Wembley shows In 2016? I don't mean how there's 4 screens, I mean how they're the angle of the album cover, (which looks much better) and every other show of the tour the screens have been the other angle?

This is a bit random. but does anyone know if there's any meaning of the stage screens being at a different angle at the Wembley shows In 2016? I don't mean how there's 4 screens, I mean how they're the angle of the album cover, (which looks much better) and every other show of the tour the screens have been the other angle?

Maybe to give a wider angle for the cameras?

• Like 1

somewhat related, and i look forward to putting this in an LP8 Facts Thread, at the end of the Paris show just now, apparently Chris said they'd go away for 2 years and come back some day. So, so much of the long hiatus theory.

• Like 1

somewhat related, and i look forward to putting this in an LP8 Facts Thread, at the end of the Paris show just now, apparently Chris said they'd go away for 2 years and come back some day. So, so much of the long hiatus theory.

ahh, here we are. this is one of my more favourite posts that I made because of its shocking accuracy

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lp7-a-head-full-of-dreams.99898/page-8#post-5675287

to sum, i correctly predicted the timing of the release of AHFOD within a month. I also theorized that eras generally last 3 years (1 or 2 years for touring, the rest for studio recording). From that, I did some math and averaging of numbers and settled on 16 months between the last tour date to the next album release.

The last tour date appears to be mid nov, and im not sure if thats set in stone. seems a bit weird to have come off the NA leg to the Latin America leg of only 5 shows in 3 cities...However, if you count the 16 months from that, you're looking at Spring 2019.

• Like 1

I'm just happy to know they will be back later. I was too late into Coldplay to have the chance to see them live for this tour(the fact that they didn't came to Portugal in the mean time didn't help). So in the next era I hope I can plan something even if it isn't my country.

• Like 4

[MEDIA=instagram]BWsw4nBhFon[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWsw4nBhFon/

first Xylobands was looking for someone to design a shirt (which I did, btw, but it never went anywhere I guess :P), now this...

i just sent them my portfolio/resume so hopefully i at least hear back from them!! i need to continue on my path to fulfilling my lifelong goal of working with Coldplay :P

• Like 7