✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

so this might be an overshare, but I don't care.

going through a breakup right now, and ive found a new appreciation for GS. I always thought highly of it anyways, but the songs have hit another level now. man, iunno what id do without this band

• Like 10

wow, relatedly

[MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2F6pm8yc%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/6pm8yc/amsterdam_just_saved_my_life/

Wow I have always felt Amsterdam was severely underrated.. and even though I haven't been in that position, the memories I hold with Amsterdam are amongst the strongest (if not the strongest) of all Coldplay songs. This part always gets me:

"Stood on the edge, tied to the noose

And you came along and you cut me loose

You came along and you cut me loose"

going through a breakup right now, and ive found a new appreciation for GS. I always thought highly of it anyways, but the songs have hit another level now. man, iunno what id do without this band

It really makes you appreciate Coldplay for doing an album for like every stage of life... the ups and downs

• Like 1

Wow I have always felt Amsterdam was severely underrated.. and even though I haven't been in that position, the memories I hold with Amsterdam are amongst the strongest (if not the strongest) of all Coldplay songs. This part always gets me:

"Stood on the edge, tied to the noose

And you came along and you cut me loose

You came along and you cut me loose"

I find it crazy that those exact verses fit so well to the situation described. And I agree, Amsterdam is amazing. It's easily on my top 5 favourite Coldplay songs, ending AROBTTH perfectly.

When I was listening to other music on Spotify, I got this wonderful ad (it just says in Finnish "Coldplay's new hit, listen to Miracles (Someone Special) here") :blush: I've been feeling a bit down lately, and this just made me smile immediately

300968847_Nyttkuva2017-07-27kello0_48_17.thumb.png.a9a9677ccafb847a5488091005a518c9.png

• Like 3

wow, relatedly

[MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2F6pm8yc%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/6pm8yc/amsterdam_just_saved_my_life/

who knows if its true or not, but damn.

What a touching story... if this is true, it's actually something wonderful. Amsterdam is a very deep and powerful song. I think it really helps to understand our own fears and demons. One of their best masterpieces, that's for sure.

• Like 3

yeah, and that subreddit doesnt get quite the traffic as coldplaying, but still, an influx of support for that user came out of nowhere! very cool to see, and i expect nothing less from coldplay fans. @getithom you gotta get your subreddit's twitter account to tweet this!

• Like 2

Always wondered why Amsterdam from AROBTTH is called Amsterdam

I think that it is written for a crush of Chris that was from the Netherlands. That's how I explain this, but it could have another meaning.

---------------------------------------

फृआगइआष

• Like 1

I had a Coldplay related dream :)

I dreamt I was queuing for the concert and even though I arrived when there were many fans I had the chance to be closed to the entrance. When we entered the venue I looked for the main stage but it was too high and a high barrier we need to escalate to be able to see the band. then I looked for b stage and it was short with no barrier and a bench for the firsf row. I thought that was the best option because I could have the opportunity to give my phone to chris to record just like he's done at some other shows :p

I don't think I saw the band in my dream :D

• Like 3

I had a Coldplay related dream :)

I dreamt I was queuing for the concert and even though I arrived when there were many fans I had the chance to be closed to the entrance. When we entered the venue I looked for the main stage but it was too high and a high barrier we need to escalate to be able to see the band. then I looked for b stage and it was short with no barrier and a bench for the firsf row. I thought that was the best option because I could have the opportunity to give my phone to chris to record just like he's done at some other shows :p

I don't think I saw the band in my dream :D

If I posted every time I dreamed of a Coldplay concert, I'd have a 1000 page thread to myself :laughing::sob:

• Like 4

Always wondered why Amsterdam from AROBTTH is called Amsterdam

I think I have read somewhere in an interview that it's called Amsterdam because Chris wrote this song while in Amsterdam and that this is the only reason and the song is not connected with the city in any other way. Oracle has also confirmed this.

• Like 2

update: today, the first tune on my playlist was Up&Up, and again, such great appreciation I have now for the song. Same idea where I liked the song before, but now even more so. Right at the first line

Fixing up a car to drive in it again

really struck a cord with me to pick myself up and get back at it.

Edit: rewatching the

and its speaking to me so much. I would love to just learn from Chris 'cause I feel like hes in a state where I want to be right now.

another edit: thanks for the likes and whatnot as well, even that's picking me up a bit. one of you actually sent a PM to me as well, and it made me really happy. coldplayers are the best

• Like 9

I think I have read somewhere in an interview that it's called Amsterdam because Chris wrote this song while in Amsterdam and that this is the only reason and the song is not connected with the city in any other way. Oracle has also confirmed this.

Oh nice thanks, just seemed unusual to have a song not connected to the title. Still enjoy it tho [emoji106]

• Like 1

update: today, the first tune on my playlist was Up&Up, and again, such great appreciation I have now for the song. Same idea where I liked the song before, but now even more so. Right at the first line

Fixing up a car to drive in it again

really struck a cord with me to pick myself up and get back at it.

Edit: rewatching the

and its speaking to me so much. I would love to just learn from Chris 'cause I feel like hes in a state where I want to be right now.

another edit: thanks for the likes and whatnot as well, even that's picking me up a bit. one of you actually sent a PM to me as well, and it made me really happy. coldplayers are the best

Hope you'll be alright soon and sending you some good vibes as well !

• Like 1

OMG! I swear today I've just been thinking about that... when would they do an album like that?

On the other hand, I've also been thinking about how great would be a possible tour to commemorate the 10th anniversary of VLV, just like U2 did with The Joshua Tree. I know it's crazy because next year they won't go on tour again, but it would be totally awesome!! I would LOVE to go to a concert of VLV era... I'll always hate myself for not being a fan back in 2008... they even came to my city in that tour... ooghh :sob:

Same here - one of the biggest regrets of my life. :pensive:

• Like 2

Dang, I wish the ending to Swallowed in the Sea was more like the live version

I really like the extra 8 bars of piano before he sings again.

Tremendous !!!! :heart: OH God ! I wish I'd been a Coldplayer in this era - I missed so much ! :sob: :broken_heart:

• Like 3