✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

That's very interesting actually. This past weekend I had my first trip ever to London and of course I wanted to get a chance to visit The Bakery, not only to see the mythical place but also to deliver a letter in person and to see if I got lucky enough to meet the boys. When I get there there's a guy closing The Bakery. When he understood what I was doing there he said "Oh man I'm sorry, you missed them by five days". After that he asked me where I was from and my name and said "ok I'm going to make sure you get a response. I'm sorry that came from so far away to see them, they will be back in 10 days". Since that was on the past saturday, that means they would return around April 30th. That guy I meet was on a rush so I didn't get to know his name, but I have talked to other people and I think it might have been Rodie 42 actually! So if Chris is returning to London for business purposes plus the info I got that could mean they are back to the studio in full force!

This is the pic I took of The Bakery:

[ATTACH=full]8249[/ATTACH]

That's so exciting! Also I saw Guy said on Instagram that he can't go to the Tour Auto this year. It could definitely be for another reason but maybe it's since they're recording?

• Like 2

For a little over a year, I was pretty addicted to Coldplay, made a bunch of positive life changes and was able to really keep it together while I was regularly listening. Then around last fall I got overwhelmed with life and just stopped...I'm realizing now how messed up I've been since I've lost the positive force the music seemed to give me. I need to get back into it...

• Like 8

For a little over a year, I was pretty addicted to Coldplay, made a bunch of positive life changes and was able to really keep it together while I was regularly listening. Then around last fall I got overwhelmed with life and just stopped...I'm realizing now how messed up I've been since I've lost the positive force the music seemed to give me. I need to get back into it...

Good luck in getting back on track again. We believe in you and you can do this !!

Music (and by that I actually mean, Coldplay) helps me so much in my daily struggles with depression,I could not imagine my life without it.

• Like 8

Fun fact: I stumbled upon this when I was looking at the MX album that has been leaning against the window and I didn't touch for months. Today, it's exactly 8 years ago that Coldplay were still busy recording Moving To Mars! It's funny because this was kind of the last recording of the MX era songs that were put out back in 2011.

IMG_20190505_174236.thumb.jpg.3c0e8325f661912da99f5acf46ec39fa.jpg

Thursday 5th May 2011

''Moving To Mars'' mix prep + CM voc rec

• Like 8

Fun fact: I stumbled upon this when I was looking at the MX album that has been leaning against the window and I didn't touch for months. Today, it's exactly 8 years ago that Coldplay were still busy recording Moving To Mars! It's funny because this was kind of the last recording of the MX era songs that were put out back in 2011.

[ATTACH=full]8252[/ATTACH]

Thursday 5th May 2011

''Moving To Mars'' mix prep + CM voc rec

Hmm.. isn't it odd that this is the same timeline for Coldplay being back together in London this week?

Instruments and equipment were seen being rolled into the Beehive (their piano was just being tuned recently), Chris and Jonny were seen together in London on April 29 at the Champions League game, then they weren't spotted for a couple days (presumably in the studio), they take Sunday off as Guy is seen at a car show, then back to work Monday? :eyes:

• Like 5

Hi! I just created a account just to post this.

I recently made a little “story”, you can call it that way, and I mashed up all Coldplay songs (I just used the album songs and hidden tracks) into one text. I used some quotes that Chris said, but I linked the songs together, hope you like it.

Every song Is on CAPS

Everything apart from little quotes, is original

Life is always full of surprises, you never know what will happen next, and you will only be sure of one thing, that it’ll always be something special. Thing about everything that could happen because wonderful things exist, you just have stop for a minute and think that WHAT IF finally you find TRUE LOVE, something unexpected and beautiful. It can even be as majestic as a PRINCESS OF CHINA and with her you’ll always be able to hear the melody of a CHINESE SLEEP CHANT.

That moment is when you realize that the little things are what matter the most, and that even being on a STRAWBERRY SWING with ALL YOUR FRIENDS and having a little TALK will change your day and make it full of MAGIC.

And when you see those GREEN EYES you’ll remember that everyday with her is an AMAZING DAY and YES, sometimes it’s hard and it HURTS LIKE HEAVEN but in the end you always have to know that there is hope, and that EVERYTHING’S NOT LOST. And sometimes you might find TROUBLE but you must never give up, you just have to know that you have to keep fighting and just DON’T LET IT BREAK YOUR HEART and if you want to cry, cry because not all teardrops are bad, EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL and waterfalls are one of the most beautiful things that exist. But most importantly remember to remain calm and DON’T PANIC because we all know that LIFE IS FOR LIVING and make sure that you’ll always be happy because we live in a beautiful world. Remember that you always see DAYLIGHT when you wake up and see the beautiful skies of AMSTERDAM and when you hear the ticking of CLOCKS, just remember that you need to FLY ON. Sometimes you’ll hear A WHISPER, or a letter with just a few INK words that’ll give you A MESSAGE, A HOPEFUL TRANSMISSION, that’ll fill your GLASS OF WATER even on a RAINY DAY, that’ll be like a PARADISE because at the end GOD PUT A SMILE UPON YOUR FACE. And your journey to climb to the top of that VIOLET HILL, starts here. You will fall, and when you do, get back on your feet because those at the top will not go down easily so that’s why you must give it everything you’ve got. And when I finally cast my eyes upon the mountain , I’ll take a good look and I will soon realize that NOW MY FEET WON’T TOUCH THE GROUND and up there, where the UFO flies, up upon A SKY FULL OF STARS during MIDNIGHT I’ll be in a moment in life in which I’ll finally realize that she will be ALWAYS IN MY HEAD because at the end we all know that WE NEVER CHANGE. After all that you’ll go back to SQUARE ONE, so don’t feel sad and LOW because THE HARDEST PART of it all is the moment when you realize that you can fail, but you must never give up. And if you give up you’ll end up SWALLOWED IN THE SEA. And when the moment comes, you’ll end up in the CEMETERIES OF LONDON and there where graves surround you, you’ll wait TIL KINGDOM COME because you know that if you stay, MYLO XYLOTO will bring DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS and all your hopes will be LOST! And in the other side of the world, the LOVERS IN JAPAN will send out one of their best SPIES to catch you. You’ll get blasted by the SPEED OF SOUND and you’ll go UP IN FLAMES and in the end you’ll be trapped in a TWISTED LOGIC. But O and me will fight against the mighty CHARLIE BROWN and his PROSPEKT’S MARCH inside the POPPYFIELDS and it’ll be just US AGAINST THE WORLD. After a great battle we will fall in a HIGH SPEED but then in a hurry, we will open our PARACHUTES and we’ll be safe until we end up in the middle of the OCEANS of earth and then, somewhere above the stars, she will receive your POSTCARDS FROM FAR AWAY. You’ll be UP WITH THE BIRDS but then you’ll fall into ANOTHER’S ARMS and you will recover because you never give up, then you’ll keep going UP & UP until everything your eyes can capture is YELLOW and high above, the BIRDS will start to sing the HYMN FOR THE WEEKEND and there, on the KALEIDOSCOPE , there’ll be just you, MAJOR MINUS, alone but persistent which will fight like an ARMY OF ONE until he’s beaten. And then you’ll finally be IN MY PLACE, on POLITIK, where you’ll hide behind the WHITE SHADOWS. At the end of everything you’ll get A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD when you wake up and THE SCIENTIST will make his best effort to try to FIX YOU but he would not notice the WARNING SIGN of your X & Y and that’s why you must give it everything you’ve got. Finally you will EVERGLOW SPARKS full of joy that will release all the 42 colors of the COLOUR SPECTRUM, in that moment you’ll see your LIFE IN TECHNICOLOR because you had FUN and an ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME. The thing about always keeping A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS is that you always have wonderful ideas that make you SHIVER, and of course it’s one of the many magnificent perks of being part of the universe of MMIX.

All of us have a purpose. Be kind to each other. Everything is possible if you never give up, and if you believe in Love.

• Like 7

I miss this forum a lot.

And by that I mean the earlier days around 2015-2016 when it was at its most active during the time period I've witnessed. I know I didn't frequent it nearly as often as I used to in the past year or so, but I regret it. Remember when this place was full of life and a million games were running at the same time, and people were speculating about the upcoming LP7 or later talking about the tour ? I miss this SO MUCH.

• Like 7

I miss this forum a lot.

And by that I mean the earlier days around 2015-2016 when it was at its most active during the time period I've witnessed. I know I didn't frequent it nearly as often as I used to in the past year or so, but I regret it. Remember when this place was full of life and a million games were running at the same time, and people were speculating about the upcoming LP7 or later talking about the tour ? I miss this SO MUCH.

That's funny because I miss the 2007-2008 days! Just became a huge fan and was gearing up for the release of Viva. MX was a good one too!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can sympathize with both of you. It must have been incredible to observe and be a part of all the buzz and traffic on Coldplaying during its peak periods. It must have been truly massive and spectacular! I can kind of imagine what it might have looked like thanks to the posts that are floating around describing those great eras.

Even though I joined this community much later, there had been already threads about the LP8 or a new live album and many games being played. Thus, to me, back then it didn't seem that the forum was going through a depression or became less lively. I took it for granted. Now looking back, in my opinion the activity on the forum was decreasing justifiably as the AHFOD tour ended the month before and the whole LP7 + Kaleidoscope EP epoch had already been over or was nearing its finish. Afterwards, obviously the forum wasn't so frequented which I didn't fail to notice and found a little bit sorrowful to witness. Nevertheless, with more speculation about the next record, the announcement of the AHFOD film and the Butterfly Package, not to mention Los Unidades, we were observing another height of Coldplaying. That reminded me of what it looked like when I became a member of this lovely community. I was happy to see many users online here participating and discussing. That's why I can understand what @I ran away is on about. However, the sun must set to rise.

Here's to another fabulous period of Coldplaying!

[spoiler=Postscript]I'm sorry for such a lengthy and unnecessary hindsight of mine.

• Like 4

The popularity of each era has to do with it, generally with the fandom peaking around LP2-4 era. BUT also, that time in history didn't have social media as our main means of sharing opinions. I dont know of a lot of forums/messageboards that are quite as active anymore. It was a different time! Now it seems like people want their news fast and they also want a nice short 200 character blurb. I find people arent as inclined to read a big wall of text in an internet forum anymore. It might be why this forum had a few near-death experiences as well. Forums just arent a popular vehicle to express yourself anymore. If done correctly, I still prefer it to twitter chains and reddit threads; perhaps im just used to it having been here 10+ years now!

I guess what im saying is, this forum isn't as fun as before, and its a bit sad. But the fun still exists out there, but its mostly on twitter now I suspect. For me the peak 'fun' I had on the forum was leak hunting. I found the forum thread style easier to follow, but I would imagine twitter being a faster and easier way to share a leak.

• Like 4

I miss this forum a lot.

Well, we have now the chance to bring back all of that thanks to the upcoming LP8! :O

• Like 2

The popularity of each era has to do with it, generally with the fandom peaking around LP2-4 era. BUT also, that time in history didn't have social media as our main means of sharing opinions. I dont know of a lot of forums/messageboards that are quite as active anymore. It was a different time! Now it seems like people want their news fast and they also want a nice short 200 character blurb. I find people arent as inclined to read a big wall of text in an internet forum anymore. It might be why this forum had a few near-death experiences as well. Forums just arent a popular vehicle to express yourself anymore. If done correctly, I still prefer it to twitter chains and reddit threads; perhaps im just used to it having been here 10+ years now!

I guess what im saying is, this forum isn't as fun as before, and its a bit sad. But the fun still exists out there, but its mostly on twitter now I suspect. For me the peak 'fun' I had on the forum was leak hunting. I found the forum thread style easier to follow, but I would imagine twitter being a faster and easier way to share a leak.

That's a very good point of yours. It isn't the same as other days.

I'm glad there even is quite a nice amount of people checking the forum these days while new things still have to happen.

• Like 4

That's a very good point of yours. It isn't the same as other days.

I'm glad there even is quite a nice amount of people checking the forum these days while new things still have to happen.

Thanks! Yeah, so I don't really expect the forums to reach that level of traffic because of the popularity of twitter. Unless the forums can provide something twitter cannot. I mean, it's not a bad thing, just different. The smaller community has more familiar names, makes it feel more homely, hopefully keeps us more civil.

• Like 5

Thanks! Yeah, so I don't really expect the forums to reach that level of traffic because of the popularity of twitter. Unless the forums can provide something twitter cannot. I mean, it's not a bad thing, just different. The smaller community has more familiar names, makes it feel more homely, hopefully keeps us more civil.
Exactly. I recognize a lot of people on here and that definitely helps! You bring up great points that social media was drastically different back in the day. Forums and message boards were much more prevalent. There are obviously a ton still around but most people just rely on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

I'm glad we have our own little spot though. It seems like this the place where most of the interesting things happen such as leaks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm glad we have our own little spot though. It seems like this the place where most of the interesting things happen such as leaks.

I agree.

I came across this: Beethoven vs Coldplay. I found it interesting. Perhaps somebody has already posted it here, it dates from 2014.

• Like 2

I agree.

I came across this: Beethoven vs Coldplay. I found it interesting. Perhaps somebody has already posted it here, it dates from 2014.

Beautiful... Honestly, I'd love an orchestra-filled album from the band, merging this style with alt. rock/pop. That'd be awesome. I know VLV has a lot of orchestra in it, but I mean MORE!!!

• Like 2

Beautiful... Honestly, I'd love an orchestra-filled album from the band, merging this style with alt. rock/pop. That'd be awesome. I know VLV has a lot of orchestra in it, but I mean MORE!!!

Exactly!

I would really like to see them performing with an orchestra live. I mean, remember that performance of Politik at the Grammys all the way back in 2003? As far as I know, this was the one and only time Coldplay were finally performing with a big orchestra. It's such a shame they haven't done something like this ever since. Coldplay's music would be ideal for an orchestra to play along with. For example: Amazing Day, True Love, Paradise or Always In My Head would be just perfect for that. Until the day has come, I will always be hoping that they will perform with an orchestra on a festival/TV show one day. It would please my feelings. Imagine how that would sound like.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
We're celebrating the 3rd anniversary of the release of our international Coldplaying cover of I Ran Away. Come on Coldplaying people, give this tweet some LoVe !!

[MEDIA=twitter]1130454491235528708[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/IRanAwayProject/status/1130454491235528708

Would've loved to be part of something like that... I have some skills myself that I could've used to help in this project...

• Like 2

Would've loved to be part of something like that... I have some skills myself that I could've used to help in this project...

Wow, what are those skills ? Asking because for sure there will come a time when the campaign will be revived :)

• Like 1

Wow, what are those skills ? Asking because for sure there will come a time when the campaign will be revived :)

Playing electric/acoustic guitar and bass, editing and mixing skills, and I can sing, I can even reach the same notes as Chris does xD

• Like 2