✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda sucks for people that went both nights that they did the SAME setlist... they didn't even change up the acoustic bit?

This is the main reason I didnt go two nights in a row, they did the same thing 2 years ago when they played back to back shows (but last years shows were actually worth going to!)

Wow, 95% of this thread are people gushing about how cute the band is!!! Good God people!

^^^that's ok...you left a seat for someone else to sit in...I loved every second of it and it WASN'T the same set list unless you somehow got a private listen to their brand new song:dozey:

Now on to the band gushing:D...

i've got great clips for EVERYONE!! Some stellar Guy clips...one great one of Will during Viva La Vida pounding the hell out of that drum...

The song they introduced had Dublin in the title. Chris said it was a new song they were still working on and they would make up the lyrics as they went along. My camera died so I wasn't able to get any video of it.

Guy left the stage after this song and the other 3 remained for "Green Eyes". It was funny when they kept calling him back and he was a no-show.

I will rate this as the best show I've ever been to! They were spot on all night and really gave us a great show!! They could feel our energy and really played off it it!

When they did their "supposed-to-be" smooth transition from Yellow to Lost! Guy wasn't quite ready on the drum. It was a riot, Chris kept looking at Will for the cue while holding "doooooooooo" and Will kept pointing at Guy. This happened about 3 times until Chris just stopped and said something about having to get it right for the cameras or TV or something like that.

So then Chris restarted the Yellow outro and with Guy in position they rocked out with Lost!

Maybe this had something to do with Guy's early departure after the new song??

PICS!!!

chicagowednesday164.jpg

chicagowednesday181.jpg

chicagowednesday192.jpg

chicagowednesday202.jpg

chicagowednesday203.jpg

chicagowednesday204.jpg

and the most epic ones to follow!

Just curious what type of camera you were using/what was the zoom on it? I see from your siggy you were row eight, right? haha just trying to get an idea of what kind of pics I'm going to be able to get from my seat next week!

Lord and the look on Chris's face when he saw that banner!! We think he actually said - Oh my god and then he leaned over to Will to say - look at that banner - you can kind of see it on Angie's vid that she'll be uploading later!

Jonny and Guy sandwich with Angie:

chicagoholyshit002.jpg

AND a pic of me and Jonny! ME AND JONNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicagoholyshit001.jpg

OMG! Guy and Jonnyfest! I am so happy for you guys!

Angie, I guess your patience at the Today Show by not tackling Jonny and making a Jonny/Phil sandwich on stage paid off (Guy might be the only substitute suitable for Phil... maybe ;))

OK Jonny Girls, I am sooooooo happy for yall ! Persistance is THE key!!! My lame-o attempt at Chris stalking at the Ritz on Tue. night got me an upclose with Jimmy Bufet. Ick. I was so excited when the Black SUV pulled up in front of us. Then the back door opened... and out slid......... a tan blond hairy leg with Docksiders on ?..... I thought "well, this ain't gonna be Chris, it looks like Jimmy Buffet or something" ... then the bermuda shorts and hawaiian shirt and the face and tadaaa...it IS Jimmy Buffet. Bummer. Kinda funny but, Bummer

I realiz I'm a bit late, but I couldn't be online too long last nght. So I've only just caught up, and...

Calm down now. :P

OK you all know about the sign that Mel and Lori made and held up on the first night. Well we took said sign out stalking today and when the band's SUV pulled up Mr Buckland and Mr Berryman saw said sign. They said they could see Jonny smiling through the black tinted glass. When they got to the loading area, they didn't drive into the building like yesterday. They got out and walked all the way up the ramp just to talk to us!!!!!

First we talked with them. Mel asked Guy if that was him she saw walking that morning and it frickin was! Then we asked them to sign some stuff. They signed the sign. And jonny wrote them a note on it. Then Guy asked "where's the Reign of Guy sign?" :laugh3: I told them how I went to Phoenix and had to suffer in the heat and they weren't there, and Jonny kept saying the tour wasn't ready yet. Jonny wrote on my AROBTTH CD booklet "Sorry you had to go to Arizona" :P I asked if I could request a song and Jonny laughed and said you can ask but it probably won't happen. Lori asked for COL and I told them that that is a kinda Halloween song so they should start rehearsing it and play it when they get to Houston and Jonny said they would work on that. Then Guy suggest that Jonny pose with Mel and Lori for pics and he gets out his camera and takes a pic then another one and then says he needs some more. Then he takes Lori's camera and takes pics with her camera. So that's the Lori-Jonny-Mel sandwich :sneaky: then I took pics with Jonny and Guy so that's the Guy-Angie-Jonny sandwich......:wink3::wink3: We talked some more then they left. Lori was shaking....Mel thought of a million things she should have said, but didn't......:laugh3:

We hung around for a while longer to see if Will and Chris would show but I think they were already inside.

Then they got paranoid that the pics would dissapear off their cameras so we had to go back to Mel's so they could download them. Good thing because Mel forgets her camera at the Cheesecake Factory and has to go running back inside to get it on our way to the show.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Pleeese help me find the owner of THE TOWEL !!!!!!

Guys I really need some help....When the boys did their runner to the back of the auditorium, one of them dropped a sweaty black towel at my feet and I grabbed it!!! Unfortunately in the chaos I didn't see WHO exactly! My kids say Chris was using a black towel all night but I just don't know...Does anyone have video ater the the end of 2nd 'Lost', when they trotted down the catwalk and down the stairs for the runner. Oh please...........please....please post if you think you can help....Kelly