✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

Ok, I think I might be the only guy posting in this thread. You gals are cute gushing over the band like you do, but from a male perspective: :laugh3:

The band really put on a great show last night. Although I have only seen one show on this tour, they genuinely seemed to give Chicago a special treat with their DVD or Video shoot and what appeared to be an imprompt extended special oncore finishing with Green Eyes.

I dont recall the songs they did in the back of the audience but Scientists comes to mind and some other song by the Will. But that was way cool to do that.

They nearly played for 2 hours! Which to me was a suprise in itself as the last 2 concerts (saw them 2 times for the Twisted Logic tour) they barely made 90 minutes.

All in all, this was one hell of show. I really enjoyed that they played nearly every song on the new album and managed to get in some older favs...My only wish was that they would have played one or two more songs from Parachutes.

As for Guy...as I reflect, I recall Chris acknolwedging Johnny and Will at separate times during the concert...however, I dont recall Chris acknowledging Guy at all....did this piss him off?

Also, what did Guy do the night before on the final oncore?

- the only guy poster now signing off...we will return to your regularly scheduled forum where girls gush about Chris, Guy, and Johnny's package. (... girls...dont forget to give Will some lovin too...)

:D

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, its just me again...only male poster...:)

I thought I heard Chris call the new song "the governess"...but I am sure I am wrong. And I thought it was Chris just goofing around as it sounded WAY to country for Colplay.

Guest LiquidSky
Jonny is the sweetest, nicest, most chill dude. Like you have heard.

We couldn't see hardly anything through those tinted windows yesterday, but somehow today, I whipped the Jonny sign out just as they pulled up (which was literally a minute after we ran to the spot) and even through the tinted glass, we could see Jonny smiling at us and nodding. Because of the sign. I could see his teeth, his sunglasses, and hat. His killer smile managed to glow through black-tinted glass.

When they walked up to us, I could barely talk, so I just asked Jonny to sign his sign. He said "Sure, I'd love to." In his beautiful accent. He spoke very softly.

So I said "OK here, sign anywhere you want." And he said "wherever you want."

:stunned: Shit.

So I said "OK, sign uh, here" and gave him a corner near his name on the front.

Then he signed it and even wrote a little love note:

IMG_1692.jpg

I was shaking everywhere. Thankfully, Mel was talking to Guy about seeing him on Michigan Ave walking. At one point, Guy trots over around Jonny to me and asks "Did you make the sign?" And I told him "No we had it professionally made online and shipped out to us." I had to ask Mel for the name of the website again b/c Guy was talking to me and I was brain-tied.

Then I said, "Oh yeah, Guy please sign" So he signed his name on Jonny's sign too. I'm not sure if that came before or after he asked whether we made the sign.

At some point Guy said "Jonny we gotta get a picture of you holding your sign. Here, stand over here with your sign, and you two (Mel and I ) stand next to him."

Because Guy wants our picture with his camera he just happens to have with him. Where he pulled it out from I have no idea. He takes a few. "Wait, one more" Guy says.

Then Guy asks me if I want him to take a picture of Jonny and I with MY camera for me. Of course I agree. And he takes that picture I posted above.

Yeah, Guy took a pic of Jonny and me with my camera.

While he was shooting just Jonny and I, Jonny asked me to hold the sign, because he couldn't keep it straight or something like that.:laugh3:

So I held the sign and he leaned against me. I didn't even have to try to molest him. He touched me. I will be smiling for the rest of my life.

I told my friend the other day that I was gonna kiss Jonny. I thought about giving him a quick peck on the shoulder, but I just couldn't do it. He was already so embarassed from the sign.

Besides, his arm was leaning on me.

We had the best Coldplay karma we could possibly want. God smiled on us.

I just wanted to see Jonny, but I am very glad Guy was there and did what he did. Because I was so nervous, I could barely ask for what I wanted. Guy did it all for me. He was so generous and helpful (to my Jonny obsession.) He was so nice.

Thank you Guy and thank you JONNY!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! So lucky!!! I love your sign btw :D

Just a little somethin...at the very start notice that megawatt smile!

th_chicagowednesday212.jpg

:nice:

Jonny and Guy sandwich with Angie:

chicagoholyshit002.jpg

AND a pic of me and Jonny! ME AND JONNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicagoholyshit001.jpg

How cute! Thanks for sharing guys!

PICS!!!

chicagowednesday164.jpg

chicagowednesday181.jpg

chicagowednesday192.jpg

chicagowednesday202.jpg

chicagowednesday203.jpg

chicagowednesday204.jpg

and the most epic ones to follow!

I love the Phil sign. Where is the video

More? OK:D

th_chicagowednesday245.jpg

Guest LiquidSky
Haha me too. I keep watching the video, is just a little weird the way he goes and plonks himself by Will. Jonny seems to be looking over worriedly too.

Gonna stop watching now, even if they did fall out I'm sure they'll make up. :uhoh: :P

on what video?:confused:

PICS!!!

chicagowednesday164.jpg

chicagowednesday202.jpg

chicagowednesday203.jpg

chicagowednesday204.jpg

and the most epic ones to follow!

that picture of Chris is seriously hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kiss:

oh my god if i see his belly in philly and like last time he must take of his shirt in philly on the stage and i'll just get speechless for it and records everything from it.:o

Where's the video of the "exchange fo words" between Chris and Guy. I saw the vid of the new song and then trasitioning into Green Eyes. It looks like Guy goes towards the front of the stage with his bass and then realizes that is wrong, puts it on it's stand and then walks off stage. It just looked like he thought it was going to be one song and then realized it was Green Eyes and he wasn't needed for that, so he left the stage.

But where is the other vid you guys are talking about?

Mel, congrats! great night for you indeed!