✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Jul-08: Chicago - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [original date 04-aug]

Ok guys, I don't think I have ever looked more shit on a picture in my life, but I'll do this for you:

IMG_1673.jpg

Lori I just read the story of you meeting Jonny and having a picture taken with him and his signature on the banner.

OMG.

I'm so pretty damned happy for you and Mel and Angie! :nice:

I need to learn some fancy stalking skills from you ladies ;)

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^that's ok...you left a seat for someone else to sit in...I loved every second of it and it WASN'T the same set list unless you somehow got a private listen to their brand new song:dozey:

Now on to the band gushing:D...

i've got great clips for EVERYONE!! Some stellar Guy clips...one great one of Will during Viva La Vida pounding the hell out of that drum...

There were plenty of empty seats in the 300's on Tuesday night, that's for sure.

And I sure wouldnt call 60 seconds of a new song (that apparently no one could clearly make out the title of or discern any of the words) drastically changing the setlist by any means.

Mel.. Lori.. Ange... :cry: tears of joy ..seriously

O

M

G

!!!!!!

I'm extremely happy for you girls!!! :D

..Oh God I can't stop crying :bigcry:

OMG well done girls..I need to learn from your stalking skills cause I'm so gonna wait for them at hotel in Bologna :dance:
wellllll it looks like I found my stalking buddy!! :D

Below are some of my videos:

Here is Fix You from last night. As I mentioned the crowd was definitely better than Tuesday's audience. Last night's crowd was really into it -- i.e. check out the end of Fix You when the crowd enthusiastically sings the last line :dance::dance::dance:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Su_q7hDSzcU

And here is Viva La Vida

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQOQALQN5G0

Considering how no one's surprised when Guy goes off stage it was probably planned, and the fact Guy and Chris are pointing backstage before The-Dubliners-or-whatever-is-the-new-country-song's-name could confirm this, he must be getting sure Chris remembers he's leaving straight after or something like this. Moreover the fact Guy's turning around before leavin it due to the fact he's first going to turn off his pedals and then put his instrument closer to Will's drums...

He indeed was probably useless to play that song and I doubt he was worried about it, all this seemed to happen quite peacefully :)

Btw the vid everyone's talking about is page 30 of this topic ^^

Considering how no one's surprised when Guy goes off stage it was probably planned, and the fact Guy and Chris are pointing backstage before The-Dubliners-or-whatever-is-the-new-country-song's-name could confirm this, he must be getting sure Chris remembers he's leaving straight after or something like this. Moreover the fact Guy's turning around before leavin it due to the fact he's first going to turn off his pedals and then put his instrument closer to Will's drums...

He indeed was probably useless to play that song and I doubt he was worried about it, all this seemed to happen quite peacefully :)

Btw the vid everyone's talking about is page 30 of this topic ^^

I love the way you think girl :smug:

This was one of the most amazing nights of my life! I am walking around today still in awe that I was there watching the guys play! The only thing that would have topped it off was if I got there early and followed Mel so I could meet Jonny and Guy, but oh well. What time did the guys show up to meet you Mel? I am really hoping that they do come out with a DVD of this show, just knowing that I was there would just be surreal

Freakin awesome

I was freaking out the whole time during this concert. It was absolutely phenomenal. I was the first to see Chris Martin come out behind the stage and go back in before it even began!! Because from where I was sitting I saw everything behind that curtain. I saw that silhouette, and I just knew it was going to be the best night of my life.

why does everybody keep sayin gthe goldrush? isn't it death will never conquer? or am i loosing it here?

also angie you lucky girl, it looks like jonny is reaching for your butt in that photo haha!

all the other girls are so lucky as well, you have to tell me what time they came in so i can stake out in rotterdam as well!

oh and I;m sure Guy just really had to pee or something!

edit: just checked that vid again I think he's pointing at will....

hello, i've been lurking for a while and never found a need to post until now.....just thought you guys might enjoy this a bit. i went to the show last night and was fairly happy with my seats.....but ECSTATIC when coldplay came RIGHT IN FRONT of us to play! none of my friends believe how close i was.....but chris fist pounded my boyfriend like 3 times (the first time the camera is on his arm, he was shaking his hand)!!! i was so jealous! and so happy! and i felt super awkward with thousands of people facing towards me! what a surprise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sbdgL3p6u0

Was he the guy in the blue shirt that chris told to fuck off?!?!

and welcome !

what?!? no!!!! he was just like "hey man!" and then chris said hi and kept laughing and fist pounding him. i think he did it multiple times for the sake of the video shooting.