✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Grande] 14-Jul-08: Forum, Inglewood, CA - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights, Camera and.. Action!

What a show. Lights, cameras, and action. The band and the crew did a fantastic job tonight. As if the crowd weren’t excited enough by doing the ‘wave’ before the show. They then had the pleasure of watching Coldplay at their best. What a great way to start the week..

The light show was awesome tonight. The Forum lending itself perfectly to all sorts of illuminated activity. I thought they’d be ironing out problems for the first couple of weeks. It looks like they’ve nailed it already. On the way out, people were still singing the chanting chorus to ‘Viva La Vida’. It didn’t take them long to learn those words.. (w-o-a-h, w-o-a-h!).

We had a really positive bunch of Oxfam volunteers too, who signed up 705 people for further action. The end of the night made my day, with http://www.oxfam.org/coldplay being projected on a huge rotating sphere in the middle of the arena. Once the confetti butterflies had fluttered down and the stage swept clean for tomorrow, it was off back to the hotel. I’m too tired to keep typing, but I just wanted to let you know how awesome it was!

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=14

Content to let layers of pre-recorded backing tracks fill out most of the new songs, Martin was free to spend much of the evening hopping, skipping and jumping around the stage like an over-caffeinated gymnast, while his bandmates -- guitarist Johnny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion -- tucked into their instruments behind him with satisfactory aplomb.

:worried:

Wow, the show was so amazing! Everyone knew right from the minute the show started that this show would be fantastic. They played so well it was as if you might've been listening to the actual recordings, just with thousands and thousands of cheering and clapping hands. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What section do they go to during Yellow and Death Will Never Conquer??

They set up in between Loge 5 and Colonade 5...

At least, that's where it was last night. Maybe they'll move to the other side for tonight.

d

SHOW HIGHLIGHTS:

Being two rows away from the guys as they played Yellow and Death Will Never Conquer in the "cheap seats", as Chris called them.

Violet Hill and Viva la Vida got just as big cheers as the old standbys.

The "techno" version of GPASOYF is brilliant.

For me, the song that sounded best was Lost! There was just a nice energy about it.

As for people asking about the opening acts, they weren't anything special. They're not a waste of your time, but you wouldn't be missing too much either.

d

completely agree with everything you said. Lost isnt one of my favorite songs ( i still love it though) but there was something about it being played live- I thought that sounded the best too. and yes being a few rows away was incredible :)

They set up in between Loge 5 and Colonade 5...

At least, that's where it was last night. Maybe they'll move to the other side for tonight.

ohhhhh man i hope its the oposite tonight because thats right where im sitting.

Eva Longoria was there too fact fans.

You know what's annoying? She has a VIP badge? Why?! Does she know them? No? Can she afford good seats? Yes. :dozey:

"Hey I've never met you before but can I have some VIP passes to your gig, I'm famous you see" :rolleyes:

Anyways...:P

ELongoriaIPod071408_10_X17.jpg

http://x17online.com/celebrities/eva_longoria/are_they_texting_each_other-07152008.php

Content to let layers of pre-recorded backing tracks fill out most of the new songs, Martin was free to spend much of the evening hopping, skipping and jumping around the stage like an over-caffeinated gymnast, while his bandmates -- guitarist Johnny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion -- tucked into their instruments behind him with satisfactory aplomb.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003827530

Siiiiiiggggghhh.....

I love Chris, I really do, but come on man. Play your instrument, mate. If you don't want to drag a little string quartet on the road with you (understandable), fine, but at least sit at the organ and play Lost! instead of dancing to it. Frustrating....

Oh no no no where´s Trouble ?? `buaaaaaa i want it!!

They played Trouble...

It sounded good...Well, everything did, with the possible exception of Speed of Sound, but Chris said they just practiced that one a few hours before the show, so all is forgiven!

d

Eva Longoria was there too fact fans.

You know what's annoying? She has a VIP badge? Why?! Does she know them? No? Can she afford good seats? Yes. :dozey:

"Hey I've never met you before but can I have some VIP passes to your gig, I'm famous you see" :rolleyes:

Anyways...:P

ELongoriaIPod071408_10_X17.jpg

http://x17online.com/celebrities/eva_longoria/are_they_texting_each_other-07152008.php

Grr.. of course. :dozey:

Siiiiiiggggghhh.....

I love Chris, I really do, but come on man. Play your instrument, mate. If you don't want to drag a little string quartet on the road with you (understandable), fine, but at least sit at the organ and play Lost! instead of dancing to it. Frustrating....

I have to say, I think these reports of all the pre-recorded tracks are WAY overblown.

The only songs where it was obvious were Lost, Viva la Vida and Lovers in Japan...

Other than that, it was pretty much them the whole time. Chris spent just as much time with the piano and organ as he did hopping around.

It's not as big of a deal as that article made it sound like.

d

Was the open act worth seeing? Any review on that?

Contemplating a nice dinner or In 'n Out.

Here is to sum up the opening act.

The loudest cheer was when the lead singer said "We'd like to thank Coldplay for letting us play with them"

Then the loudest cheer was topped in the next sentence when they said "This is our last song."

Have yourself a double double and make sure you are in the arena by at least 9pm.

its great that this show worked out well.

i think Eva Longoria is desperate housewifes Tv show actress

and Miley Cirus is just an upcoming singer.

what with the VIP passes we audience are buying our tickets.

any way VIP passes even they're celebrities as the organisers at the forum are so pityfull or kindfull or they're like some charity trust organisers will not give all the celebrities their chance to see them free right?

if so as the person if i am a celebrity i can use it as my oppurtunity and can see what ever shows in this world i want to watch for free because they're allowing me to do so.:rolleyes:

i think they'll allow some celebs not all to get some VIP passes.if they allow each and every person then the show organisers it will not be business for them , it'll rather become into a charity to allow every celeb so called person for free.