✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

November 14, 2011 - submitted by Thom, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. I hear there's word of a band called So Sweet The Hour touring with Coldplay soon. The band neither said this nor denies this. All that they say is that they "really want to in the very near future." Can you clear this up for me?

The Oracle replies:

No, the band is not touring with Coldplay but I guess you know that already...

Oh Thom if you're going to advertize your own band, at least have the nouse to write in with a false name rather than your own. Tsk tsk shame on you since you could have legitimately submitted a video via our Exhibition Room*.

*Don't submit it now though - you've had your plug.

Owned :lol:

November 15, 2011 - submitted by Alicia, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Dear Oracle

I have two questions:

First. Why Coldplay don't like to do weddings, funerals and special occasions?

Second. Where can I get LRLRL?

I hope you can answer me :)

The Oracle replies:

Let's go with your second question first.

LRLRL is still available by clicking on the butterfly icon which you will find at the bottom left corner on the home page of this very site.

As for question one, I didn't say they didn't like to, I said they don't. It's not very practical is it? They're a touring band with an incredibly busy schedule, imagine how many people would want to hire them if they did? They'd have time for nothing else!

In my personal yet humble opinion it's not that credible either.

THIS.:)

November 16, 2011 - submitted by Jen, United States of America

Q. You can see the Saturday Night Live Weekend Update skit with Chris!

Here is the link.

It is the 3rd video down. ENJOY!

The Oracle replies:

Ah, no, YOU can as you're in the U.S but we can't. I went to that link yesterday and as is the case for many American clips, it says "We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location."

Thanks for trying though. I have actually edited yesterday's answer to include a clip that does work...

November 16, 2011 - submitted by patty, United States of America

Q. Hi Oracle, I wanted to know what song Coldplay sings from this video that's posted on the timeline. I believe it's their first gig when they were formerly known as Starfish ? I know that Ode to Deodorant is the last song played but I would really really like to know what the first one is called? Some of the lyrics go like "There goes another day. My friends are telling me that I will be okay. I'm gonna be okay". I would really appreciate it if you told me what song it was because I love it! Even though I only heard like 5 seconds of it. Thanks so much! Have a nice day wherever you are!

The Oracle replies:

It's So Sad. Looking at the set list from that gig, I don't recognize the first title at all - I don't think I have ever heard it. The others I have in their demo form - hopefully safe in a box in a loft somewhere...

November 16, 2011 - submitted by Anne, Malaysia

Q. Hello dear Oracle!

In Coldplay song Us Against the World says "my drunkard is Danial in a lion's den".

Can u please tell me, who's Danial?

Thanks for ur time.

Anne.

The Oracle replies:

He's Daniel from The Bible.

November 16, 2011 - submitted by patty, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Hi Oracle, I wanted to know what song Coldplay sings from this video that's posted on the timeline. I believe it's their first gig when they were formerly known as Starfish ? I know that Ode to Deodorant is the last song played but I would really really like to know what the first one is called? Some of the lyrics go like "There goes another day. My friends are telling me that I will be okay. I'm gonna be okay". I would really appreciate it if you told me what song it was because I love it! Even though I only heard like 5 seconds of it. Thanks so much! Have a nice day wherever you are!

The Oracle replies:

It's So Sad. Looking at the set list from that gig, I don't recognize the first title at all - I don't think I have ever heard it. The others I have in their demo form - hopefully safe in a box in a loft somewhere...

Whaaaaaat the Oracle has the demos!! :o

November 17, 2011 - submitted by Bianca, Brazil

Q. Actually it's not a question, I just want to tell you something that happened to me while I was listening do Coldplay... So here it goes.

It was a rainy day and I was driving back home listening to Paradise, when I lost control of my car and it went sliding all over the road. It went on two wheels, first left and then right, when it came back down it went spinning 360 degrees for two times and when it stopped I couldn't understand what was going on, I was so nervous, all I could do was to thank God for being alive!

Turns out that it's not time for me to go to Paradise yet.

Coldplay is with me through the hard times and the good, just wanted you to know that!

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

Blimey guys, please could you all be careful because this is the SECOND accident in the last two weeks while listening to the new album. Let's all take care as the weather takes a turn eh?

November 17, 2011 - submitted by Liam, Australia

Q. I am doing a school project on Coldplay and I was looking around and I was wondering whether the Tim Crompton of the High Wire was also the Tim Crompton who gave them their name.

The Oracle replies:

It's the same Tim, yes, though he didn't give them their name per se. Tim was in a band called The Coldplay until they changed it to The Bettina Motive. Chris then asked since Tim was no longer using it, could they? They being Starfish - Coldplay's previous name.

Tim is also one of the zoo keepers in the Paradise video with Phil.

November 17, 2011 - submitted by Claudia, Canada

Q. I was wondering if White Shadows was ever played live. It's my absolute favourite Coldplay song. Also, I've seen mention of a world tour. When is Coldplay going to announce the dates? I've been anxiously awaiting them.

The Oracle replies:

Yes it has. My favourite performance clips of White Shadows are

and Glastonbury 2005. Enjoy!

November 18, 2011 - submitted by The Oracle, United Kingdom

Q. WHO'D LIKE TO JOIN TEAM ORACLE?

When I answer questions of a personal nature, Coldplay.com readers often get in touch with their own thoughts. So, we now have a weekly feature, Team Oracle, whereby each Friday (with the question asker's permission) we open up a question to all of you to answer too. Then, the following Friday, I'll post a selection of the best answers, alongside my own reply.

ANYONE can join in so, if you'd like to, please email your response to the following question, in no more than 250 words, to [email protected] before Thursday 24th November.

I'm in love with my best friend. He has a girlfriend, but he says that he doesn't love her anymore, and that he loves me. I had asked him why he wouldn't just break up with her, and he told me that he was "working on it". Now, when I see him, he won't speak to me, and will ultimately try to ignore me whenever I try to confront him. He's also moving after the school year ends, and he's telling me that we should try and get into the same universities. He expects me to wait for him, but that's not being realistic. The problem is that he's been complaining about his girlfriend (she's not a very nice person) and keeps promising to end it with her, when he doesn't keep his word. Do you think he might be lying to me about loving me and not her? Thanks. Alexandra, USA.

Look forward to seeing your replies.

The Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Please email your replies to [email protected]

November 18, 2011 - submitted by Jack, United Kingdom

Q. I am in need of some relationship advice. Me and my girlfriend have been having a few troubles. She has informed me she feels guarded from me after having an argument in a nightclub. This feeling did not resolve after a week and she broke up with me. She is still living in our flat and is moving out at the weekend. Last night I tried to rekindle our love by making a romantic gesture, by shouting my love mixed with lines of Romeo and Juliet up to her on a balcony. This is uncharacteristic of me so I thought it would mean a lot. She informed me it wasn't enough. That the only thing that might of worked was a marriage proposal. This is where it turns ugly, then during the conversation after what she had just said I ask her to marry me. She is like I don't believe you, you're insincere. Now we are stuck because I love her and I would marry her because it means so much to her and I only want to spend my life with her. It is the case now that, how can I buy a ring and ask her because it only seems I'm doing it as a last desperate plea to stop her leaving. It is a 3 year relationship but we are quite young I'm 23 and she is 21. I'm sure she still loves me because if not why would she want a proposal to try and save it in the first place. Jack.

The Oracle replies:

Oh Jack, you've caught me in one of my brutally honest moods. How very dare she! The thing that got to me with this dilemma was the Romeo & Juliet part. I'm sat here thinking 'aw, that's pretty brave and cool of Jack to step outside of his comfort zone to do that for her" and yet your missus didn't appreciate it at all?

It sounds to me as if your girlfriend is pushing your buttons as they say. After 3 years she shouldn't feel the need to test you in this way. Granted the timing of your first proposal wasn't great but that doesn't mean you didn't mean it. I'd say wait though, there's no rush is there? You don't need to get married just because you love each other. Sort out these issues first to make sure it's what you really want and it's not just because she has insisted. By the way, not all but some girls would want a proposal for other reasons believe it or not; attention, insecurities, the fact you've been together a long time, other people are doing it and the list goes on. Planning a wedding would distract her too so it's imperative you work through any problems in this relationship before you make such a huge life commitment. If she'd leave without a ring on her finger, she can't be that sincere about her feelings. Giving you the marriage ultimatum was unfair, you shouldn't feel forced into anything. Talk to your girlfriend and tell her what you told me, that you love her but feel now it would seem an empty gesture so you'd like to propose when you're both back on track. Wouldn't you like to decide when, why and how to do it? It needs to mean so much to both of you, not just her. Good luck, Jack. Over to you.

Jack, I understand that you love her so much and you would do anything to keep her with you and to spend the rest of your life with her, but listen, it's not the right thing. A relationship is built around trust and if she doubts your love now then what's gonna happen when you guys are married? I'm not trying to break you and her up, or try to make things worse, but believe me when I say let things cool off. Yes she may still love you, but right now things are heated and you proposing to her with a ring might make things much much worse. Hopefully when the dust settles things will be ok for both you and her. And if things don't turn out right, don't be afraid, you still have a lot of time Jack so don't rush! I hope all goes will Jack! Billy N.

This is a difficult situation, you love her and want to be with her, but she wants to move faster than you. You love her, but aren't ready to marry her. I believe you guys are young, and even though you have been going out for three years, maybe a little time away is what you need. You should think a little about every thing, then talk to her. Explain to her how you feel. She might be ready to take it to the next level, but if you both can't agree with what you want to do, it won't work. If she doesn't want to spend a little more time on the relationship then if you rush into it, it could work out, or you could end up very hurt, or have second thoughts at your wedding, or maybe have issues later in your marriage. You need to want to marry her for the right reasons, not to just keep her happy, what about your happiness? Megan.

You need to seriously slow down, right now your relationship is in a very fragile position, and you proposing to her is only going to make the wounds worse. Don't get me wrong, I know you love her, and I'm sure she loves you too, but you are really pressuring her severely. You really tried to force a cheesy romance personality upon yourself, by reciting Shakespeare and professing undying love. You need to calm down, put marriage further back on the concept of your relationship with her, you two are still very young, probably too young, in her eyes. And most importantly, you need to act yourself, you are really showing signs of desperation and hesitation in the things you have previously done. If you want to save this relationship, before it's too late, you need to talk to her, and when I mean you, I mean the real you, not the Shakespeare you. You need to tell her that you love her, and that you don't want to lose her, but most importantly you need to respect her, take into consideration what she wants, because that is the most important factor here. Best wishes, Bradley H.

She sounds spoiled to me mate. Treat her mean to keep her keen! Well, no, don't. I just mean don't let her tell YOU what to do. Terry.

Jack, relationships are supposed to be about compromise and it just sounds like she's in control of everything. Imagine a lifetime of that! It doesn't bode well for the future really. I wouldn't get married until you have a more balanced relationship where you get to decide some of what goes on. Good luck! Sally.

Walk away Jack. In fact, RUN! She's too controlling and that's not how it should be. Sorry that's probably not what you want to hear but I was with a girl who gave me an ultimatum once and I bent over backwards to give her everything she asked. She still left me because it was never good enough. Save yourself the hassle or stick it out but don't give in to her demands. Steve.

She obviously loves you and you obviously love her but you need to go back to the argument you had and sort that it. Sounds like it was unresolved and I'm not sure you can move on until you sort that out. Hope it works out! Amanda L.

Please do join in and submit your replies.

Click to read this week's Team Oracle question, and send us your answer.

I think people overestimate the power of the Oracle. They want her to give exclusives and to tell us stuff that we dying to hear... She's never going to reveal anything huge, it's just general questions you have about the band. As for Team Oracle, I think it's an alright feature, I'm glad it's not every day though.

November 21, 2011 - submitted by Eric, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle!

Just saw Coldplay on BBC Children in Need show in Manchester. I was wondering what "7070s" means which is written in Chris's hand during the song Paradise?

The Oracle replies:

It actually says 70705 which is the number to text to donate to Children in Need.

November 21, 2011 - submitted by Conor, United Kingdom

Q. Why has Chris changed his watch from a yellow one to a purple one?

The Oracle replies:

I'm assuming you noticed on Children in Need. He doesn't always wear the yellow one - er, obviously or you wouldn't have asked - he just chooses whichever one he wants to wear at the time. Each member (including Phil) has one but as they don't all wear them, Chris has the pick of 5.