✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

01-Nov-08: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

:laugh3:

Amtrak has a train that I could take from DC to Philly but I would have to ride back and get into DC at 2am. Not sure how safe the trains are at night or how to get from Philly venue back to Train station after show. Are there usually cabs hanging around after shows there?

Most definitely. You could also take the Broad Street Subway and then the El to 30th St Station and save yourself about 20-30 bucks. But if safety is a concern, might wanna go with the cab ride. Good luck!

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Haha that's hilarious.

And I just noticed, reading your sig, that we've been to every single Coldplay show together! Are those the only ones you've been to?

Dave "

[i don't know how to get the quote thing to work haha.. so I improvised! oops!]

Yeah those are all the ones I've been to.. and APPARENTLY when I was in Australia in 2003 they were there at the SAME time! Would've been great to see them there!! But I probably wouldn't have been able to though haha.

" Haha that's hilarious.

And I just noticed, reading your sig, that we've been to every single Coldplay show together! Are those the only ones you've been to?

Dave "

[i don't know how to get the quote thing to work haha.. so I improvised! oops!]

Yeah those are all the ones I've been to.. and APPARENTLY when I was in Australia in 2003 they were there at the SAME time! Would've been great to see them there!! But I probably wouldn't have been able to though haha.

That's so funny! I've been to all of those exact shows! We're Coldplay Soulmates!

Dave

So is the Amtrak train pretty safe?

100%. It's not that bad, either. Amtrak will take you to 30th St. Station, and you can just take a cab to Wachovia.

As for getting home, I have no idea if the trains run that late. You might need to stay at a hotel.

Dave

+ wait.. If you think that story was hilarious.. you'd probably appreciate the story of what happened when I bought the tickets for the April 6, 2006 show..

I was sitting at my desk in my room an hour before the tickets were up for sale waiting eagerly at ticketmaster.com. The time came when they went on sale and I went to purchase my tickets. I went through a few results that came up and got one I liked. I was very happy and went to click "Purchase tickets" and saw I only had a few minutes before they were to be released.. and what happened????

The computer froze.

SO of COURSE I lost the tickets I wanted!! Then I was SO angry that I kicked my feet against the wall under my desk when I realized my foot actually went through the wall.. big hole.. lol. That was kindof hard to explain to my parents back then!

Then had to restart the computer, get back on the site and do it all over again only to get seats that were not as close for more money.

BUT...... ironically the seats ended up being really great actually. Cuz they were in the 100 something section but it was the part right on the end of the row.. where there was like a balcony because the row ended and that was where the people on the lower level would walk out onto the floor so I had no one sitting there and no one in front of me AND elevated seating.. so it still turned out great. (of course, it's COLDPLAY! haha)

But yeah.. It's ALWAYS SOOO stressful buying these tickets!!

+ wait.. If you think that story was hilarious.. you'd probably appreciate the story of what happened when I bought the tickets for the April 6, 2006 show..

I was sitting at my desk in my room an hour before the tickets were up for sale waiting eagerly at ticketmaster.com. The time came when they went on sale and I went to purchase my tickets. I went through a few results that came up and got one I liked. I was very happy and went to click "Purchase tickets" and saw I only had a few minutes before they were to be released.. and what happened????

The computer froze.

SO of COURSE I lost the tickets I wanted!! Then I was SO angry that I kicked my feet against the wall under my desk when I realized my foot actually went through the wall.. big hole.. lol. That was kindof hard to explain to my parents back then!

Then had to restart the computer, get back on the site and do it all over again only to get seats that were not as close for more money.

BUT...... ironically the seats ended up being really great actually. Cuz they were in the 100 something section but it was the part right on the end of the row.. where there was like a balcony because the row ended and that was where the people on the lower level would walk out onto the floor so I had no one sitting there and no one in front of me AND elevated seating.. so it still turned out great. (of course, it's COLDPLAY! haha)

But yeah.. It's ALWAYS SOOO stressful buying these tickets!!

Haha. I was in the 100s, too, don't worry. Still a great time, though.

And I hear ya about the stress. I didn't even sleep last night in fear of sleeping in to 10:01!

Dave

:laugh3:

Amtrak has a train that I could take from DC to Philly but I would have to ride back and get into DC at 2am. Not sure how safe the trains are at night or how to get from Philly venue back to Train station after show. Are there usually cabs hanging around after shows there?

phew I thought you were asking me there for a minute. Would you like me to travel half way across the world to find you a taxi rank? :D :P

100%. It's not that bad, either. Amtrak will take you to 30th St. Station, and you can just take a cab to Wachovia.

As for getting home, I have no idea if the trains run that late. You might need to stay at a hotel.

Dave

There is a 12:30 am train back to DC. Arrives in DC at 2am.

phew I thought you were asking me there for a minute. Would you like me to travel half way across the world to find you a taxi rank? :D :P
Yes Ian, make yourself usefull and get over here and help arrange my travel. :P You think it's easy being a show ho!