✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Frenkerd

Uhoh...do you think they'll be okay?

I was terrified of telling my parents that I was going half way across the world to stay with someone I'd never met before...even though I'm 23. They couldn't have stopped me, but wasn't looking forward to the lectures. They were actually okay though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it can two ways actually with them. They will say alright go pay for it yourself or just no. But if they said no I would just pay for it myself and go, im 20 they cant stop me! Ive told a couple of my aunts that im going though and they were happy for me, so ive got some support.

But I would have to really start saving now seriously, if I wanted to pay for it myself!!

Take That did :P they have 4 nights in July 2009

There may need to be 2 threads for that. One for each night :D, depends how many of you end up with tickets for the 18th

I would have thought we could have a gallery section for the Ginormous Coldplaying Meet-up

wow, FOUR nights?! i know nothing about take that, but from what i understand they're like british nsync? :thinking:

and yes for the threads :D. i'll write them both if no one else already offered :D. because i'm a dork like that.

oooh, and that's a good idea about a section in the gallery! :dance:

Uhoh...do you think they'll be okay?

I was terrified of telling my parents that I was going half way across the world to stay with someone I'd never met before...even though I'm 23. They couldn't have stopped me, but wasn't looking forward to the lectures. They were actually okay though.

You're lucky :D I still haven't told my parents I'm going to have a roommate I've never met before :embarassed: It took me 3 months to tell them I'm moving to the UK, and they were like :shocked2: so I figure I can wait another few months :laugh3:

Well it can two ways actually with them. They will say alright go pay for it yourself or just no. But if they said no I would just pay for it myself and go, im 20 they cant stop me! Ive told a couple of my aunts that im going though and they were happy for me, so ive got some support.

But I would have to really start saving now seriously, if I wanted to pay for it myself!!

:dance: You have my fullest support Joe :D

and yes for the threads :D. i'll write them both if no one else already offered :D. because i'm a dork like that.

oooh, and that's a good idea about a section in the gallery! :dance:

based on your postcards threads, I think you'll make a good job of it :D

I think the gallery section is a necessary addition :D with 80 going on the 19th there may well be a few photos. it means we can separate the photos out so fans who don't know Coldplaying will still be able to check out show photos without having to wade through pages of photos of nutters in bright yellow t-shirts :lol:

Joe, it'll be ok!!!! Think positive. :hug:

Though I haven't lived with my parents for a few yrs now, and was always stubborn so did what I wanted(most of the time, but I was a good kid anyway:nice:) when I did live with them, I was still wondering how my parents would react when I told them I'm going to London by myself...and my Mom actually said--if only I had some extra money, I'd go with you!!! (except for the concert).:lol:

These are the same parents that didn't let me have a bf until after college!:rolleyes: So, people there is hope that one day you'll be FREEEEEEE and do as you please, and your parents will deal with it! (Joe, talking to you especially!;))

i guess i'm lucky i have untraditional parents for the most part (well, my mom, anyway). i travelled abroad alone this summer and was pretty much on my own the entire time, and i travelled to england with my friends when i was 12, so they trust me in this kind of stuff. though i guess i would have a HELL of a time telling my dad what my plan was if i wasn't already going to be in england at this time anyway...don't want to think about how that would go :lol:. i don't plan to tell him i'm going to see coldplay AGAIN anyway, since he thinks it's mad i've seen them as many times as i have already.

my mom knows i'm going, though (she's more of a concert goer than i am!). the only thing she had to say was that i'm an idiot for getting standing tickets rather than real seats :lol:.

Joe, it'll be ok!!!! Think positive. :hug:

Though I haven't lived with my parents for a few yrs now, and was always stubborn so did what I wanted(most of the time, but I was a good kid anyway:nice:) when I did live with them, I was still wondering how my parents would react when I told them I'm going to London by myself...and my Mom actually said--if only I had some extra money, I'd go with you!!! (except for the concert).:lol:

These are the same parents that didn't let me have a bf until after college!:rolleyes: So, people there is hope that one day you'll be FREEEEEEE and do as you please, and your parents will deal with it! (Joe, talking to you especially!;))

Ya im actually not sure how my parents will react to be honest. I guess ill just have to wait and see and hope for the best, but im going no matter what they say:P

Take That did :P they have 4 nights in July 2009

And the Foos sold out 2 nights as well :)

My Mum still doesn't know that we purposefully went on holiday to Barcelona just to see Coldplay. I told her that it was a coincidence they were there when we were there and we were lucky enough to get tickets on the offchance! And I was 25 at the time. She also doesn't know that I went to Machester last year to see the Foos and met up with people I only knew from the internet. She'd have freaked out on that one :D